Chaos

Farewell MTA

46 minutes ago, Norm said:

I believe this is a temporarily shut down though even tho I wasn't around for a year almost and from what I know owl was the last standing english rp. So I won't be surprised if they revive this in nearby future. Just hope hundreds of people will come and beg for this to open again and hopefully with new players/admins. You know stuff get boring with same people everytime.

It's not something I would count on honestly.

People complained that they wanted to change the MTA server into some kind of apocalypse, people played again.. Then it died again. Why? Because you just described it, stuff got boring.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Norm said:

I believe this is a temporarily shut down though even tho I wasn't around for a year almost and from what I know owl was the last standing english rp. So I won't be surprised if they revive this in nearby future. Just hope hundreds of people will come and beg for this to open again and hopefully with new players/admins. You know stuff get boring with same people everytime.

Gotta agree with @Deuce. Honestly, there's no point in keeping the MTA server for Owl on. I.e. some kids and teens are now more familiar with GTA V so majority just go there. I'm currently on GTA:W and yesterday the server was almost at 500 players online. Funny thing about older games, is that majority of the servers (MTA, CS1.6 and so on) that are left are mostly hosted by Russian's, Polak's and so forth. Seeing Owl MTA close down was honestly sad in a way. If the server was still alive with a decent playerbase, I'd most likely quit from GTA:W and move back.

• Like 1

it was good while it lasted.

xd

no but on a serious note it was nice i really enjoyed a lot of the time i spent on there, was nice really playing with you guys and getting to hear the constant whining about CK's every other day, though i will say the vision of the server management seemed to be a bit blurry nearing the end of it but that doesn't matter as much as the cumulative time we've spent playing this server.

i enjoyed the factions i've been apart of: from PD to hoovers to MOB, was a very fun experience in general and i honestly didn't realize how much potential could be had with a game that is older than or closer in age to like %80 of the playerbase

cheers boys

• Like 3

I knew this day would come.

I've started roleplaying on MTA when I was about 11 or 12 years old. You couldn't even call it "roleplaying" as my sole objective was to acquire stats and just go around DMing. I barely knew any English at all and got myself banned a ton of times. That was Valhalla, then it became Root, and then Owl was formed. I caught up later on.

Over the 10 years of me roleplaying on MTA on and off, I learned so many things. To make my portrayal more accurate, I learned things from real life in fields that I probably would have never heard of. I learned the English language by talking to strangers on MTA. Seriously. I met a lot of very interesting people in here. To become a part of a gaming community online and have the opportunity to socialize with people from many different backgrounds and learn a lot of things about different cultures, get movie/TV/music recommendations, was a really valuable experience to me.

The death of MTA as a popular RPing platform was inevitable. I really hope that V carries the spirit forward and grows even more than MTA ever had.

I want to thank everyone in here for the great memories and time well spent.

Farewell, MTA!

• Like 3

Lets not speak about the bad moments and admins bullying and abusing powers upon me and my friends but me and my friends will miss the game so much with our deep memories on it specially my self this game taught me a lot it taught how to act in certain situations and how to respect the rules and it taught me how to speak english it was more fun and addicting and enjoyable than any other game it wasn't just a game it was life i wont forget every moment of this great server Owlgaming never leaves our conversation we played it for years and i think we didn't have enough of it there was always something new to do in the game that made it more enjoyable. sadly i say it  goodbye Owlgaming with our great memories and years spent on you.

Much love and respect from Reapers MC. 

https://imgur.com/a/IZS86Gd

Edited by BeDo99
A mistake while posting
  • Haha 1

Sad day but it was known to come at some point, i started in 2010 on vG, knew jack about roleplaying or how it worked then eventually worked my way up with my character Jonathan Macneil and tookover Hex Tow 'n Go, learned lots since the, played countless day n night my whole highschool years and then some afterwards, went from vG (rG) to helping run unitedGaming with the boys @Bean @Tom @Tamfire @Jonyothan @Ramsey @Theno and many more then moved to this when maxime first opened it as a Administrator till about 2016ish

Did i have fun? yes, meeting people from all nationality's and such was a great experience, but we all grow old and stuff comes to an end (which sucks) 

wouldve loved to finally login one more time but i missed the day :(

• Like 3

Going to miss this server. Was a little late to the news, didn't even get to play for a last time :(

• Like 1

I've been around the MTA Roleplay scene since 2009-2010ish. First I found a vG copy server called ShoDown Roleplay then eventually I found vG and I spent years in the community. Roleplay was there for me all day everyday, I was a cop, a mobster, a paramedic, a firefighter I even got to RP being Channing Tatum's wife for a special event on this server and @Freebird was Channing Tatum, lol

Been admin once on most RP servers but I always had to retire because I was more of a casual player who would sometimes play 24/7 but sometimes disappear for months. Left the server few months ago so I missed the chance to play for one last time.

Tried OwlV but I didn't really like it I'm too oldschool for that, I guess. If I was 14 again I'd love it for sure. We grew up in a different San Andreas, but maybe one day I'll give OwlV another shot. In the mean time I want you guys to have fun and increase the playerbase so there will be a chance for me - and other oldschool guys - to return!

• Like 4

Had some really good times on this server just found out it shut down, wanted to share some fun clips when I was around

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/33622070

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/33624967

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/33675448 ( my fav )

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/52996408

• Like 2
On 4/8/2020 at 4:19 PM, dmob85 said:

I even got to RP being Channing Tatum's wife for a special event on this server and @Freebird was Channing Tatum, lol

Mann I got screenshots of that, Tatum and wifey in JGCs IMAX! ??

• Like 1

Can't believe its gone,

I've had some ups and downs on this server but overall it has brought great joy over the past couple of years and I've made some great friends along the way. Farewell MTA.

• Like 1

What a fun time it has been.

For me, Owlgaming was the reason I ran from school to home everyday during my teenage years. I had a surgery in 2015 which gave a lot of spare time, Streamer DatGuyLirik streamed this and I joined, and never stopped. This thing named Owlgaming was one of the reasons I broke up with my first girlfriend because I played too much. Yeah.. by 2019, I was farewell. 4 Years of my teen years was spent on Owlgaming. 

My English became excellent because of my high standard roleplay. My creative acting skills really were on-point. For example, speaking to a crowd filled with people, I spoke as if I was roleplaying a character. It made me an amazing speaker as I was focused on my body language and speech pauses instead of how many people there were -- no stress to speech. If I saw somebody bullying a guy, i'd step in because that's what my character would do on Owlgaming. 

It's with nostalgia and happiness that I thank you; staff, members and community for the changes you've brought in my life. 

Farewell to you all,

Francis Beliveau (Genocide)
3F4omCP.jpg

• Like 3

whew. this was such a journey. looking back at it, none of it mattered but at the same time i want it all back. everything from the custom mapping, the scripts, to going almost 300 kmh on that highway to Montgomery. i wish i could experience it one more time. is the server code still available for the public?

anyway i met some amazing players, with amazing, detailed roleplay. been jailed, banned countless times. but as i learned, life changes, eventually good shit ends. you'll want to go back, but the next chapter reveals memories you will want to relive once you get to the end of it. we will make new memories in owlv, even though many of us will be left behind, there will be new, lifelong (server wise) roleplayers. eventually owlgaming itself wont be a thing and we will all look back at the fond memories we made in owl mta, owlv, and owl6 i suppose.

all the best to those who are leaving.

• Like 1

(Insert sad quote here with a story about vG being da place to be at one point, how we hopped server to server after DDOS attacks and we ended up here, now I'll miss my homies etc etc)

Nah, there were some good times when it all started.

But GTA SA old man now, he need rest.

GTA 5 young buck, now he take over yeaaah.

Edited by Mat.T
  • Like 1