Chaos

Farewell MTA

Linkbook posted some stats as well that I'll add here so they stay around:

rXrdERn.png

And an additional 2,114,000 chat messages.

• Like 2

It was a lot of fun, the community had lots and lots of cool people on it. I feel really bad for the staff members that actually wanted the server to be great in the midst of the corruption.

I met a lot of new friends in the 5 years I played here which I still talk to daily, which is about the only thing that people like Swanker couldn't ruin.

• Like 1

started mta in like 2011. pretty nutty to say the least. i spent majority of my time banned but still active on the forums then ban evading on them too all the way since like root and united.

im 20 now im still banned and still act 11. script is a a wanker

• Like 1

Sad to see MTA OG go. It was definitely the best RP server out there with such a great community and staff. I hope to return soon to play OwlV. Farewell MTA, you gave all of us unforgettable memories.

• Like 3

damn got this post sent to me and not even gonna lie this hit hard, will miss the good old days of roleplay for sure. Really had a blast and wish everyone the best in the future

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Hastangz said:

Even though I came in like early 2019, hella late in the OwlGaming cycle, I still had a bit of fun ngl

@hook

@Cookin

@TenZz

Sad to see this shit die, but not like it'd stay on forever

Yeah sad, same came in like 2018 but then went active on 2019

• Like 1

It's kinda funny to see people payin' their respects for a deceased server. Let's face it, MTA server was online for more than a couple of months and you could still play there, yet people had plenty of activities to attend on real life without paying attention to it (for the past of a few months MTA server was dead with 1-2 players online on occasion) You could've saved it if only once in a week you could've found time to spend at least a few hours on there, but unfortunately, you didn't and so, yes, we all had some memories and wonderful stuff happening over there, but now all the focus goes for Rage MP and so, if we care about the community and all our "cherished memories" we have to put some effort and keep that stuff going. )

• Salty 4
18 minutes ago, Effect said:

It's kinda funny to see people payin' their respects for a deceased server. Let's face it, MTA server was online for more than a couple of months and you could still play there, yet people had plenty of activities to attend on real life without paying attention to it (for the past of a few months MTA server was dead with 1-2 players online on occasion) You could've saved it if only once in a week you could've found time to spend at least a few hours on there, but unfortunately, you didn't and so, yes, we all had some memories and wonderful stuff happening over there, but now all the focus goes for Rage MP and so, if we care about the community and all our "cherished memories" we have to put some effort and keep that stuff going. )

Pointing fingers and playing the blame game has contributed to the majority of what is currently wrong with Owl Gaming. Some of the people posting in this thread played years ago, they've left for multiple reasons that usually add up to focusing on their real life priorities be it their career, wellbeing or goals because we all grow up and have to face them eventually. Anyways who are you to just raise up a looking glass at everybodies personal matters like they were a bunch of excuses? We also really need to stop with this pathetic "If you're not currently playing right now to support the low playerbase, you never cared or contributed to this community" argument, especially in this thread where we're inevitably getting all of our old members returning that may have a little more time to spare for the community.

• Like 1

I'm thankful for you providing us this experience & countless memories. Makes me kinda emotional to be honest. Much love. 

Edited by Snap
  • Like 2
22 minutes ago, ResidentPeach said:

Pointing fingers and playing the blame game has contributed to the majority of what is currently wrong with Owl Gaming. Some of the people posting in this thread played years ago, they've left for multiple reasons that usually add up to focusing on their real life priorities be it their career, wellbeing or goals because we all grow up and have to face them eventually. Anyways who are you to just raise up a looking glass at everybodies personal matters like they were a bunch of excuses? We also really need to stop with this pathetic "If you're not currently playing right now to support the low playerbase, you never cared or contributed to this community" argument, especially in this thread where we're inevitably getting all of our old members returning that may have a little more time to spare for the community.

Perhaps, but jumping on a thread with a bouquet of flowers crying their eyes out sounds a bit hypocritical IN MY OPINION (Which obviously you can criticize and I am open to it) You, yourself with a group of community members tried an interesting twist on MTA server which obviously could've succeed with a lot more of community and administration support and until this day I am pretty saddened that it didn't. Of course, aforementioned arguments are valid and I do agree with you, but seeing how thread goes, simply putting out subjective observations might help to increase certain notoriety on said issues and errors? For all I care, I am not trying to argue with you nor trying to pick a fight with you (seeing that you do have some wonderful insights).

• Salty 3
7 hours ago, Stretch said:

Nice to see saltyness and arguing going on even in the goodbye announcement of MTA. True spirit of owlgaming ?

It's true Owl Gaming fashion to take literally any popular thread, turning it into a platform for a very important and well thought out opinion that has no relevence to the thread whatsoever.

• Like 2

If we could keep the thread about MTA and the memories people got instead of arguing it would be amazing.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, ResidentPeach said:

It's true Owl Gaming fashion to take literally any popular thread, turning it into a platform for a very important and well thought out opinion that has no relevence to the thread whatsoever.

Did you expect anything different? 

Anyways F to the ole MTA. 

this truly hit me in the feelings. the nostalgia i felt when i read the headline is just over overwhelming. love yall, thanks for the amazing moments we've had together.

• Like 4