Vubstersmurf

Community Feedback - What is needed next?

A couple script suggestions, if I may - I apologize as I have not read the thread, so this may already be here:

1) Add command such as /setvol to adjust custom radio volume.

2) Add confirmation box and GCs price to /customradios on purchasing a new radio. 695 GCs is big ouch especially without pre-warning.

3) Add Last Online (and time online for) counter to F3 menu, maybe restrict to certain factions that would reasonably know that information from an in character perspective (PD is flailing their arms in the air here).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Express said:

A couple script suggestions, if I may - I apologize as I have not read the thread, so this may already be here:

1) Add command such as /setvol to adjust custom radio volume.

2) Add confirmation box and GCs price to /customradios on purchasing a new radio. 695 GCs is big ouch especially without pre-warning.

3) Add Last Online (and time online for) counter to F3 menu, maybe restrict to certain factions that would reasonably know that information from an in character perspective (PD is flailing their arms in the air here).

Number 1 and number 2 are already being worked on :)

Number 3 is a good idea

• Like 1

Speed limits added to city streets!

• Like 4

Idk where to put it so I'm just gonna post it here. 

I wanna play Owl. The script is really nice and I like what management has done to the server over the years/months. The reason I'm not playing is because the server is missing a playerbase. Whenever I log on there's nobody really around and there's nothing much for me to do. The server is in a never ending loop. No playerbase = nobody wants to play (simple logic).

What can we do to draw more players to this server? I had a small idea. What if we schedule a date and time for everyone to log in the server at once. Make it in to a server event. Me and a few other friends would be willing to participate. That's already 5 people. If the server can hit 100 players at peak maybe more other people will notice the server and give it a shot. 

13 minutes ago, Hoovies said:

I wanna play Owl. The script is really nice and I like what management has done to the server over the years/months. The reason I'm not playing is because the server is missing a playerbase. Whenever I log on there's nobody really around and there's nothing much for me to do. The server is in a never ending loop. No playerbase = nobody wants to play (simple logic).

What can we do to draw more players to this server? I had a small idea. What if we schedule a date and time for everyone to log in the server at once. Make it in to a server event. Me and a few other friends would be willing to participate. That's already 5 people. If the server can hit 100 players at peak maybe more other people will notice the server and give it a shot. 

Right now there's some RP going on with 24 players, it's more a case of when will you login.

Spoiler

2448ec1f24.jpg

Edited by Yannick
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hoovies said:

But umm... There's plenty of IG events going around (Sabre is doing their best to promote them). Owl management made quite a few ad's on youtube/main rage page promoting the server it's features and community itself... Let's face it... It's really up to players to show incentive at this point (I get it, low playerbase CAN be demotivating but it's just how it is)

Ok, so I am relatively new. I'm just going to throw my thoughts down here.

From what I gather in this thread, many people are (rightfully so) worried about the same issue/problem. Low playernumber currently.

The suggestions are all amazing. I too am looking for a way to increase the radio volume in the car and I would love to have some 'automated' criminal and legal activities that go beyond drive from A to B and back again in low playernumber times as suggested. Hell, they could be 'group' activities/jobs to more or less force people to find each other.

On the subject of NPC owned business and seeing them more represented ingame, I am a fan. NPC's do not take away from Roleplay. They even add to it by just being present.

Owning or visiting a bar or stripclub is fun for sure. But repeatedly walking into a empty one is always a dissapointment. You can liven up the places (businesses) IC by placing a few exotic and unique NPC's left and right and encourage people to roleplay with these in absense of Players.

Which also leads to allowing for a more easier/fun VM roleplay if I can actually see the NPC I'm trying to represent in my roleplay, heh. Maybe I am too visually inclined but that is 'thing' for me.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CluelessNoob said:

Ok, so I am relatively new. I'm just going to throw my thoughts down here.

From what I gather in this thread, many people are (rightfully so) worried about the same issue/problem. Low playernumber currently.

The suggestions are all amazing. I too am looking for a way to increase the radio volume in the car and I would love to have some 'automated' criminal and legal activities that go beyond drive from A to B and back again in low playernumber times as suggested. Hell, they could be 'group' activities/jobs to more or less force people to find each other.

On the subject of NPC owned business and seeing them more represented ingame, I am a fan. NPC's do not take away from Roleplay. They even add to it by just being present.

Owning or visiting a bar or stripclub is fun for sure. But repeatedly walking into a empty one is always a dissapointment. You can liven up the places (businesses) IC by placing a few exotic and unique NPC's left and right and encourage people to roleplay with these in absense of Players.

Which also leads to allowing for a more easier/fun VM roleplay if I can actually see the NPC I'm trying to represent in my roleplay, heh. Maybe I am too visually inclined but that is 'thing' for me.

Wonderful suggestions pal. Been thinking about this myself (specifically about automated activities) 

I mean for example FD or medics could get automated calls from NPC's to come over and solve a problem.
Bars/clubs could get a few NPC's up in their interior to simply give "more lively" environment to RP in.
Criminals could sell a huge quantity of drugs to an NPC (who would act as some outside contact who moves drugs out of the state for like... 60-70% of their price)
Overall, a few "missions" shouldn't hurt roleplay as much as people might think and it should be seen as activities allowing people to do something on free time until server gets more populated and vast variety of activities is always a plus.

Following some thinking on the matter, and agreeing with @Effect's reasoning, I would like to suggest the following for the team to decide what to do with it.

This is only meant in a positive way, by the by. I simply love this server, how it is being fleshed out every day more and more. And I love your GUI approach. AWAY WITH CHAT COMMANDS.

Systems

* Consider expanding upon the job system that is already placed ingame, and go beyond 'go from A-B for money'. Random events for Police/Fire Department/Medical services as suggested above that  spawn and dissapear on a set timer. It is up to the PC to respond.

* Underworld system in line with the above, allowing for drug trading/weapon trading/extortion with randomized events in the world. This does not neccesarily include PC gunning up NPC's, I feel that should be left with PC to PC interaction personally.

* The VM system could be implemented with the above, having various factions online getting the same message about a 'sale' at a certain point. Again, randomized. First come first serve. This will hopefully encourage conflict and thus roleplay between the various groups. Or they may decide to work together? This could be catered to both the Legal and Illegal factions.

NPC

* Work to make the world more lively. Include NPC's in Interior areas such as businesses to fill them even during low player number. This ranges from (static) customers to (static) employees.

This will help in bringing a more visually inclined crowd, amongst which I (sadly) number.

Nice to have.

* Perhaps, if possible, make the NPC's more unique as opposed to having the same one populate all the shops as a shopkeeper/dmv worker/work boss. 

* The option to turn car music louder or softer. Some of the channels can barely be heard when I play.

* Player storage on property. 

* Wardrobe options! Save a outfit under a number, and switch easy provided you're in a place where you could switch.

* Ingame card games! Poker! 

* More options on phone. Text messaging. Web browser. Facebook.

* NPC ran businesses for when the faction owner isn't online. Or NPC businesses which close as soon as the nearby PC logs on and opens his own shop, to encourage player to player interaction.

Thanks for reading!

30 minutes ago, CluelessNoob said:

Following some thinking on the matter, and agreeing with @Effect's reasoning, I would like to suggest the following for the team to decide what to do with it.

This is only meant in a positive way, by the by. I simply love this server, how it is being fleshed out every day more and more. And I love your GUI approach. AWAY WITH CHAT COMMANDS.

Systems

* Consider expanding upon the job system that is already placed ingame, and go beyond 'go from A-B for money'. Random events for Police/Fire Department/Medical services as suggested above that  spawn and dissapear on a set timer. It is up to the PC to respond.

* Underworld system in line with the above, allowing for drug trading/weapon trading/extortion with randomized events in the world. This does not neccesarily include PC gunning up NPC's, I feel that should be left with PC to PC interaction personally.

* The VM system could be implemented with the above, having various factions online getting the same message about a 'sale' at a certain point. Again, randomized. First come first serve. This will hopefully encourage conflict and thus roleplay between the various groups. Or they may decide to work together? This could be catered to both the Legal and Illegal factions.

NPC

* Work to make the world more lively. Include NPC's in Interior areas such as businesses to fill them even during low player number. This ranges from (static) customers to (static) employees.

This will help in bringing a more visually inclined crowd, amongst which I (sadly) number.

Nice to have.

* Perhaps, if possible, make the NPC's more unique as opposed to having the same one populate all the shops as a shopkeeper/dmv worker/work boss. 

* The option to turn car music louder or softer. Some of the channels can barely be heard when I play.

* Player storage on property. 

* Wardrobe options! Save a outfit under a number, and switch easy provided you're in a place where you could switch.

* Ingame card games! Poker! 

* More options on phone. Text messaging. Web browser. Facebook.

* NPC ran businesses for when the faction owner isn't online. Or NPC businesses which close as soon as the nearby PC logs on and opens his own shop, to encourage player to player interaction.

Thanks for reading!

Word, a bigger variety of NPC's is welcome addition to my book (I mean maybe some business owners want their bartender to be a female and not middle aged latino feller :D)
Hell, if we are going for a mile here with suggestions a great addition would be an access for business owners to change sold items on said NPC's (Maybe add some new items? Change names of already existing items that are sold? For example: As of now, most of items are called in very neutral ways "Whiskey, Beer, Vodka, Taco and so on. What if a certain bar wants to sell different brands? Jack Daniels Whiskey, Jim Beam apple flavor whiskey... Even though a small addition but it would add up to realism  and consumerism :D)

Another big idea which would probably gonna be shunned upon is a huge rework on drugs manufacturing, but I was always bitter with an idea that drugs just appears out of thin air and so, some kind of manufacturing process should be worked upon (not as main priority, sure but down in the future). Apart from fully processed and made drugs factions should get MATERIALS to do so. In the end, factions will have to make a choice what kind of drug they'll make (and to stop a huge flood of drugs a timer system could be implanted or any proper counter measure system). If we push a mile on this suggestion down the line we could introduce certain upgrades to labs which will boost purity of your drugs, give an access to more potent drugs and anything of that sort (giving factions something to work on for a very VERY long time). 

• Like 1

We've compiled feedback from this thread into some of our priorities for when we release our next roadmap. Stay tuned

• Like 4

Okay, a few thoughts of mine although I haven't been playing long enough I still had a few thoughts. The main concern of mine is the staffing and sometimes I will be playing late hours where there wont be a staff member around who may of been able to help a new player with a issue in game or if someone is breaking a rule. Other than that I must say that I really love the inventory scripting; however, I noticed a small issue with the phone. This issue is sometimes the phone bugs and you can't put the phone away by pressing the up arrow you have to use your mouse and on the right side of the phone there is this very hard to see button that closes the phone out. I don't know if there is maybe a better phone scripting  or a /phone , /sms, and /call system that would maybe make the phone a little easier to use. Other than that I loved the fact that the /me's and /do's along side the whole chat log is a different style to what your used to and the map when you press 'Z' on your keyboard.

See, I actually really love the map feature that you've implemented and how it changes to different views and you don't need to buy one from a store. That's actually the best because a lot of times when you have to go out of your way to get a GPS just cause someone robbed a GPS off you that can get annoying. However, I must say when you press "z" and adjust the mapping I wish that there was a way that maybe you can toggle a marker through the mini map instead of having to use the big main map with pressing 'esc'. 

But, the main issue that I have noticed is the fact that when I am on the server despite the times when head admins + are around and teamed up on the server I noticed that there seems to be a lack of staff. To me the lack of staff is a good reason as to why players may leave because they are not getting the issues they have solved. This is very important when running a server is that you get everyone's issue solved, fortunately I have seen that you posted a hiring for staff recently and that's going to change the server for the better a lot in my opinion. As I play the server more throughout the next few weeks I will elaborate on some more suggestions. Anyways, keep up the good work Owl Gaming Staff and Players!