[Vehicles] - Airplane callsigns.

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Airplane callsigns.

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
Vehicles

What is the suggestion?-
When you enter an airplane, currently the only form of callsigns we have is the ones on the tail of the plane done by default GTA V. The problem with those is, however, that they're all the same for a specific model of plane. So 2 Luxor Deluxe's both have the same tailnumber.

What I'm suggesting is, like in MTA, adding a small field in the bottom left side of the GUI above the radar. With in that field CALLSIGN: and then using the aircraft's "plate" as a callsign. Specifically like we did it on MTA.

What are the advantages?-
More realism for CAA instructors and future pilots, also makes it easier to identify yourself and remember your callsign without having to think of one. an admin can just set one using a default callsign format upon spawning.

This would also allow anyone with MDT access to find a plane by it's callsign, or tailnumber (which would be set as the vehicle's plate.)

What are the disadvantages?-

Can't think of any, at most there'd be more stuff on the screen limiting your field of view while flying. But it doesn't have to be a huge box.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-

Spoiler

As you can see in the video, when I'm taxiing to the runway, if you look at the bottom left corner, you can see the CALLSIGN: N12525. This is what I mean.

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
Lettng the scripters work their magic.

Edited by ItsMelodyy
  • Like 1

yes please, as an avid lover of aviation(pun actually not intender, i swear), the more realism we add to planes and flying in general the more better and immersive it will be, full support and this shoulnt be too hard to add in anyway.

• Like 1

Cool feature but dont think it's urgently needed in my opinion.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Unitts said:

Cool feature but dont think it's urgently needed in my opinion.

Indeed, even though I would love to see this feature in the server, but as of now I reckon there's a lot more important systems need to be worked on.

Sure for in the future (Not on the high priority currently).