Luigikuik

Official suggestion for the MTA server

Also a suggestion.
Have Dupont accessible via command so if anyone needs a custom skin, it's done OOCly.
Characters can RP tailoring their own clothes, equipment from the materials they gather/loot ICly but if someone needs an outfit to suit their character, they shouldn't necessarily need to go to a giant tower with a fully functional business. 

I also think that admins should spawn in items to be wild animals, etc, so people could hunt or capture them to then breed and herd them for a source of food. 

This setting has a lot of potential for RP, been hauling around a lot of equipment and trading myself, need more stuff to do really but hard when there isn't any scripted stuff I could do. 

Two things that should have been done by now, deleting NPCS such as the fuel ones (since they are infinite and ruinning the fun of everyone being able to drive around at all times, and doing this takes no script deletion, any admin can do it right now in-game), and keeping tolls open/having them deleted. Overall the rest seems pretty well summed up by luigi, looking foward to hearing a public GAT/UAT release on what they will be implementing/changing/adding to the server in the near future.

Thank Vubs for replying so soon. I also want to add that legal guns should have their owner tag removed so that everyone can pick them up and don't need an admin to supervise you picking up a weapon. People can't buy weapons anymore anyway and this is just hampering the fun basically.

1 hour ago, Luigikuik said:

Thank Vubs for replying so soon. I also want to add that legal guns should have their owner tag removed so that everyone can pick them up and don't need an admin to supervise you picking up a weapon. People can't buy weapons anymore anyway and this is just hampering the fun basically.

@Unitts

Yes to all of this, apart from money. If you’re deep into fallout lore like I am, you’ll know there’s several currencies throughout each instalment of the series. Rather than following the gold or oil standard, the value of currency is normally backed by a settlement’s purified water reserves. There’s Hubscript, Bottle caps, NCR dollars, Legion denarious and Pre-war currency. Each of the currencies are valued differently in each game, with bottle caps being the main currency as there is limited supply of Nuka-Cola bottles. We could even follow the standard of the Metro series and use ammunition as currency for direct trade. 

Currency is one of those things entirely affected by the populace, and shouldn’t be affected via script, just like how inflation works. What should be done is to disable hourly paydays so we don’t generate new money, and all faction banks be wiped. Some people may accept paper cash, some may only do direct trade or some might only accept a certain item as currency.

Edited by DrJoseEviI

6 minutes ago, DrJoseEviI said:

What should be done is to disable hourly paydays so we don’t generate new money, and all faction banks be wiped. Some people may accept paper cash, some may only do direct trade or some might only accept a certain item as currency.

That is what I meant basically.

39 minutes ago, DrJoseEviI said:

Yes to all of this, apart from money. If you’re deep into fallout lore like I am, you’ll know there’s several currencies throughout each instalment of the series. Rather than following the gold or oil standard, the value of currency is normally backed by a settlement’s purified water reserves. There’s Hubscript, Bottle caps, NCR dollars, Legion denarious and Pre-war currency. Each of the currencies are valued differently in each game, with bottle caps being the main currency as there is limited supply of Nuka-Cola bottles. We could even follow the standard of the Metro series and use ammunition as currency for direct trade. 

Currency is one of those things entirely affected by the populace, and shouldn’t be affected via script, just like how inflation works. What should be done is to disable hourly paydays so we don’t generate new money, and all faction banks be wiped. Some people may accept paper cash, some may only do direct trade or some might only accept a certain item as currency.

Oooh, Fallout lore. That stuff is fun and shows how dynamic that whole story have gotten. 
Major powers in the universe used different currency to trade, so I am hopeful to see that in the server as well... It would definitely spike the interest for people to roleplay as traders, run their caravans from hub to hub. Or get that HANSA runnin' boi.

On 11/9/2019 at 4:17 PM, ResidentPeach said:

It's actually had 20 people almost every day at some point, it's getting to be pretty consistant. Of course soon, I fully expect that we get to have the winter event as we usually do which will encourage more focus on survival roleplay. You're right though in that we need a big event that also highlights the success we've been having on MTA, and that people should give it a go beyond the event too.

Toxic gas event was awesome back in the day, it was one of the few events that were not repeatedly done alike the floods and earthquakes. I suggested something similar before the apocalypse setting was made official, that we have a Division like kind of setting in where we have a pathogenic outbreak that was used in biological terrorist attack, further explaining how the city was barricaded off from the rest of the world and lost all sense of law and order.

Extending on from other suggestion threads, considering this is finally 'official' despite being in the same section as the other suggestion threads.

I believe along with a few others who've been playing for the past few weeks, that upholding realism even in this upcoming lore creation is still absolutely crucial in order to maintain the high quality standards of roleplay on the server. I get it though, we all want a really interesting lore setting that has a twist; Having a complete social decline, a disaster made out of bad political decisions or powerful ideologies whatever, they can get pretty stale eventually. Suggesting zombies, nuclear fallout or anything along those lines however is just a remedy for players to not take the server so seriously anymore, which would be bad considering that it was once a serious roleplaying server.

Now this is where I paraphrase my lore suggestion in my quote, I don't know if many people here have played Division however it provides the perfect inspiration for a nonfictionless lore setting. The lore briefly explained is that New York suffers from a smallpox epidemic during the Black Friday event, it was a staged biological attack spread by tainted bank notes. As a result New York is barricaded off from the rest of the world as a federally organized isolation & quarantine is set up to deal with said pathogenic virus, problem is groups of people stuck in the city are inspired to create their own groups in order to take advantage of the situation. Groups of people can include thugs, eco-terrorists etcetera so this consistant instability contributes to the growing decline of a city.

Thing is though, sure that lore setting sounds interesting however it does have its limitations in that it would expect people to roleplay said epidemic. If this expectation were to be covered by a script, it would then probably require a lot of effort writing it up. I suppose my point is that we're probably going to have to write off any interesting ideas unless if we're for sure receiving script support for what Owl MTA will become.

Whole point is to debate on these threads anyways, so let's share some ideas around and bounce them off one another and see what we're all fancying in the end.

5 minutes ago, Beta said:

@Chaos read 

Get this done please

1 hour ago, Beta said:

@Chaos read 

Vubs spoke for UA here, please read her reply. We're continuing to evolve the MTA side of things best we can, we're going to have some further discussion about this as well.

On 11/14/2019 at 2:44 PM, Vubstersmurf said:

6 Admins - We had only recently open up applications and allowed people to apply just for MTA if they want to, obviously staff can either be on MTA or V and aren't forced to do one of the other. However staff activity is still expected and those who aren't helping out on either server will face internal action, this has always been the case however I do feel its time more action was taken. If there comes a time when we do need more staff then of course apps will be reopened.

Right now please. No admins online is really killing the mta server.

Edited by Luigikuik

1 minute ago, Luigikuik said:

Yeah it went from ~20 to ~2 players. Everyone's biggest annoyance is that there are no admins

21 minutes ago, Luigikuik said:

20 minutes ago, croozerdog said:

Yeah it went from ~20 to ~2 players. Everyone's biggest annoyance is that there are no admins

Oh behave

I'm not sitting on mta doing fuck all just to be there on the off chance of a report, if an admin is able to get in-game then they most probably will if you ask

28 minutes ago, ertidog said:

I think people who are actually active in MTA should be given admin then if current administration isn't willing to be available in game.

Who says admins aren't willing to be available in-game on MTA? There is admins who are willing to but when people need an admin the admins can't get in-game due to real-life obligations. 

And making everyone on MTA admins isn't a solution to the issue either, it would most likely lead to a new path of issues. 

2 hours ago, QueenC said:

Who says admins aren't willing to be available in-game on MTA? 

10 hours ago, Unitts said:

I'm not sitting on mta doing fuck all just to be there on the off chance of a report, 

its pretty clear that admins dont want to "sit around doing nothing" on MTA and you cant expect players to be happy if their primary method of getting ahold of an admin is opening up discord. and lets be real how many of those admins are willing to stop what theyre doing and open up MTA

Im not saying make EVERYONE who plays MTA an admin im saying from the looks of it you lack even a single one whos devoted to MTA and its hurting the playerbase even more than it already has been hurt

Edited by ertidog

10 hours ago, QueenC said:

Who says admins aren't willing to be available in-game on MTA? There is admins who are willing to but when people need an admin the admins can't get in-game due to real-life obligations. 

And making everyone on MTA admins isn't a solution to the issue either, it would most likely lead to a new path of issues. 

Just open up applications for new admins, maybe even exclusive for MTA.

Saying that every time we asked for an admin now and they didn't come is because of IRL obligations is just a blatant lie. I really don't get why you guys just aren't honest that you're not interested in MTA. Kinda like @Unitts already was.

Just get some new admins instead of saying all the current admins are busy or that "you don't need admins".

18 hours ago, Unitts said:

I'm not sitting on mta doing fuck all just to be there on the off chance of a report, if an admin is able to get in-game then they most probably will if you ask

I think that's a good point, lots of people got stuff to do IRL as well so we can't expect everyone to always be available, especially when the population is low on the server.

I'll see if I can reinstate as an MTA admin whenever the next chance arises. I wouldn't mind sitting on most of the day (could tab out and do my work, since I mostly work from home anyway and tab in to do reports), I enjoy the chaos RP a lot whenever there are people and admins on and I think it's a good direction for the MTA server for now. Been enjoying the RP a lot and I wouldn't mind helping out with chaotic events to bring in more people. 
As the winter comes nearer, it gives more possibilities for such things. 

Also another suggestion, if I may:
 Change the name of the server in the MTA listings a bit to reflect the current nature of the Server so new people that may join aren't turned off when they find out the server's new direction and that we attract the right type of people. 

Edited by Piney