Sign in to follow this  
Beta

MTA Event

We're getting pretty close to apocalypse roleplay on MTA, all we need right now is an event to promote it. 

My suggestion is that we add some kind of gathering event. Most of the roleplayers on MTA are roleplaying that the city got destroyed after the flood and everyone got evacuated, but the ones who didn't make it are still surviving. Make like a helping event, like make special forces or whatever supply surviving people with food and stuff. That way people will gather together and they will establish connections, which will make RP better. 

Something like this: 

I'm pretty sure this event will get the numbers up and make people want to roleplay on MTA, it had like 25 people online two days ago, which is pretty promising. 

lets be real though, i doubt an event will bring in more people,but it would be fun for the ones that do play, maybe a bioterror event similar to what peach wrote on

37 minutes ago, croozerdog said:

Guys how about a giant car meeting?

Cat meet at Verona Beach,come down and show off!

49 minutes ago, Beta said:

i hope ur not serious

Why? It would seem like fun

1 hour ago, ResidentPeach said:

It's actually had 20 people almost every day at some point, it's getting to be pretty consistant. Of course soon, I fully expect that we get to have the winter event as we usually do which will encourage more focus on survival roleplay. You're right though in that we need a big event that also highlights the success we've been having on MTA, and that people should give it a go beyond the event too.

Toxic gas event was awesome back in the day, it was one of the few events that were not repeatedly done alike the floods and earthquakes. I suggested something similar before the apocalypse setting was made official, that we have a Division like kind of setting in where we have a pathogenic outbreak that was used in biological terrorist attack, further explaining how the city was barricaded off from the rest of the world and lost all sense of law and order.

this

Edited by TheNeonGuy

What I wish, that there would be a logical explanation for all of this behaviour. It all started from a forum post, out of character. I want to view this current setting through my characters eyes which is a old criminal boss who used to have some success in this field. Now he is forced to connect with the regular citizen. 

Proper lore for this scenario should be written, so people know where to start roleplaying again. The last MTA server event was flood. It turns out the flood took out the electricity, and it turned the city upside down creating gangs and groups. The current mentality is too much of the "zombie apocalypse" thing, and it should be enforced that there is no zombies, or any infections around. People also assume that everyone is in danger, this should not be the mentality. This is where DMing steps in, people are eager to cause havoc to shoot at someone they see, or rob them but this should not always be the case. 

Basic facts should be brought up, such as no available electricity, all of the shops are dysfunctional due to no power, or staff. Government has shut down, along with the police department, fire department, even the city hall so everyone is free to open carry their weapons licensed or not. Some boards, such as the auction house, or /ads should not be working. None of the city hall jobs are available currently and more. Use your own head.

19 minutes ago, FAILCAKEZ said:

What I wish, that there would be a logical explanation for all of this behaviour. It all started from a forum post, out of character. I want to view this current setting through my characters eyes which is a old criminal boss who used to have some success in this field. Now he is forced to connect with the regular citizen. 

Proper lore for this scenario should be written, so people know where to start roleplaying again. The last MTA server event was flood. It turns out the flood took out the electricity, and it turned the city upside down creating gangs and groups. The current mentality is too much of the "zombie apocalypse" thing, and it should be enforced that there is no zombies, or any infections around. People also assume that everyone is in danger, this should not be the mentality. This is where DMing steps in, people are eager to cause havoc to shoot at someone they see, or rob them but this should not always be the case. 

Basic facts should be brought up, such as no available electricity, all of the shops are dysfunctional due to no power, or staff. Government has shut down, along with the police department, fire department, even the city hall so everyone is free to open carry their weapons licensed or not. Some boards, such as the auction house, or /ads should not be working. None of the city hall jobs are available currently and more. Use your own head.

Yes.

Saw someone roleplaying the flood event with the added explanation of @DrJoseEviI's character dying, causing the only person keeping everyone on line to die, causing the havoc.