zoezoegigantic

Auction Lot for Players Inactive vehicles as an alternative to destruction.

Do you like this idea?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you, as a player, be interested in buying used vehicles?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you like this idea?

• Yes
    • No

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Inactive Car to Used Car Lot 

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
Vehicles/Inactivity Timer

What is the suggestion?-
As of now, inactive vehicles on the server are destroyed if they have not been driven for 14 days. My idea is to create a used car lot and/or auction lot to take inactive cars and sell them for a discounted rate to the players. This way, people can buy cars without having to pay the brand new price. I think that it would also be helpful if the discounted rates are determined by the total mileage the inactive car has been driven for. To avoid overcrowding,  If the vehicle is still in the auction lot for 30 days then it will be destroyed. 

What are the advantages?-
Players can buy used cars and motorcycles without having to pay the full price for them. 

What are the disadvantages?-

None that I can think of.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
No.

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
Modifying the Inactivity Timer functionality to send cars to a auction lot somewhere on the map and determine based on the mileage of the car what the total discount will be for the vehicle by comparing it to the price it is at full-retail cost. Alternatively, prices could be done manually by admins.

Edited by zoezoegigantic

21 minutes ago, TheNeonGuy said:

This existed on MTA in a way of Rapid Towing selling impounded vehicles, was removed because it was damaging the economy.

They sold it for -really- low though. I think like a 60-80% price of normal vehicles would be awesome for this auction idea.
Also those RT cars back then were awesome, they gave a lot of my characters a car. I think the tokens were the worst thing for the economy on Owl. At least to me.

This could probably happen, I mean another reason we removed them before I believe was due to the vehicles loading taking up more resources which wouldn't exactly happen now since the entire map is expanded.

That being said should probably have a timer where a vehicle is only on for about 7 days or less before being deleted.

On 11/9/2019 at 10:58 AM, Vubstersmurf said:

That being said should probably have a timer where a vehicle is only on for about 7 days or less before being deleted.

Would be nice to see tho altho the timer should count from the point it reaches the sales lot.