Chaos

Owl V is moving to LS!

hope this will work out, kudos to all those who stay in paleto though!

For factions who wish to move to LS and therefore get new buildings please submit a faction contact here: https://forums.owlgaming.net/forms/9-faction-team-contact-ooc/

We can then process before the official move and get things documented.

For those wishing to move to LS who bought houses over 50k, you can get refunds.  The aim with this move (or well technically expansion), is so no roleplay is limited and no one loses out.

If after submitting a contact you don't hear back within 24 hours please shoot me a message so I can take a look.  I'll be around today & Friday to answer any questions / help with factions who want to move. 

Hopefully see a lot more of you on, and remember just because interiors aren't spawned in certain places doesn't mean they can't be.  We just wanted to focus on the main areas people know, and will encourage selected roleplay in areas.

If you have a business and wish to promote it further (and bring roleplay), I'm more than happy to push advertising further.

I look forward to seeing everyone in game! Onwards and upwards.

2 hours ago, Valkyr said:

hope this will work out, kudos to all those who stay in paleto though!

Honestly I am undecided. I think I am gonna keep my name, Paleto Free Press, for my faction, but maybe open an office in the city. It was never really centered only in Paleto, but more-so where it was founded at.  Nonetheless, very excited for the city. 

Edited by zoezoegigantic

32 minutes ago, Vubstersmurf said:

For factions who wish to move to LS and therefore get new buildings please submit a faction contact here: https://forums.owlgaming.net/forms/9-faction-team-contact-ooc/

We can then process before the official move and get things documented.

For those wishing to move to LS who bought houses over 50k, you can get refunds.  The aim with this move (or well technically expansion), is so no roleplay is limited and no one loses out.

If after submitting a contact you don't hear back within 24 hours please shoot me a message so I can take a look.  I'll be around today & Friday to answer any questions / help with factions who want to move. 

Hopefully see a lot more of you on, and remember just because interiors aren't spawned in certain places doesn't mean they can't be.  We just wanted to focus on the main areas people know, and will encourage selected roleplay in areas.

If you have a business and wish to promote it further (and bring roleplay), I'm more than happy to push advertising further.

I look forward to seeing everyone in game! Onwards and upwards.

you missed a great pun in Owlwards and Upwards :(

So you've literally just lost the uniqueness that Owl 5 had by being located at Paleto Bay which was awesome, but by moving to LS you're going to create even a bigger ghost town, actually make that ghost island than it was before...Have you even asked yourself why would player choose Owl 5 over any other text RP based server on RAGEMP? Whack decision Chaos zzz.

6 minutes ago, CanadianHorse said:

So you've literally just lost the uniqueness that Owl 5 had by being located at Paleto Bay which was awesome, but by moving to LS you're going to create even a bigger ghost town, actually make that ghost island than it was before...Have you even asked yourself why would player choose Owl 5 over any other text RP based server on RAGEMP? Whack decision Chaos zzz.

90+ people voted that they wanted to move to LS.
It's a fair share of people who showed their interest to move to a bigger and more comfortable setting than countryside (which I might add did not attract people to move into the server and settle down, establish factions that they feel comfortable playing and so on) uniqueness means nothing if nobody is playing in that said setting.

Just now, Effect said:

90+ people voted that they wanted to move to LS.
It's a fair share of people who showed their interest to move to a bigger and more comfortable setting than countryside (which I might add did not attract people to move into the server and settle down, establish factions that they feel comfortable playing and so on) uniqueness means nothing if nobody is playing in that said setting.

I didn't know about the voting so fair enough to that. But now, as someone who played Owl since 2015 and would want to move to GTA 5 rp on RAGEMP, give me a reason to choose Owl 5 over any other server that has same text RP and is based in LS and has same if not even way more features than Owl 5? Of course its just my opinion that the scripting/UAT shouldve sticked with country side and developed it so it would be interesting for the people playing and with that attract people who are sick of Los Santos which always turns out the same.

15 minutes ago, CanadianHorse said:

Clearly someone that hasn't been active during the last month... you're free to stay in Paleto, as it is said:

8 hours ago, Chaos said:

We will be offering roleplay in both LS and the county

1 minute ago, AlAzeeth said:

Clearly someone that hasn't been active during the last month... you're free to stay in Paleto, as it is said:

I'll just stop here, seeing you have high hopes of this working I'll leave your optimism to it.

9 minutes ago, CanadianHorse said:

I'll just stop here, seeing you have high hopes of this working I'll leave your optimism to it.

eat a snickers fella

4 hours ago, CanadianHorse said:

Just eh, look at the topic on which the community was asked what they wanted, and a large portion of the player base voted to move to LS.

5 hours ago, CanadianHorse said:

Yeah and 5 players in paleto is absolutely working. Too too.

Just wanna point something out. 90 people voted on that, yes, but how many of them were actually active in owl v? How many will be active after the expansion? Will we see 90+ players online after this? It dont bother me either way, i can deal with country or city, i just think the votes were bloated by inactive people who aren't going to be any more active...

6 minutes ago, GioSerpo said:

Just wanna point something out. 90 people voted on that, yes, but how many of them were actually active in owl v? How many will be active after the expansion? Will we see 90+ players online after this? It dont bother me either way, i can deal with country or city, i just think the votes were bloated by inactive people who aren't going to be any more active...

Well, If were going by zoning logic we saw on MTA, most players prefer the city. My faction was the only group the really populated the county during our venture on there, but even then we spent most of our time in the city because that’s where everyone was RPing. Perhaps being solely in the county was a turn off for a lot of people, this is the largest poll we’ve seen in a while, no other poll I’ve seen in the last year or so gained as many votes like this, besides my suggestion on banning underaged esex.

Edited by DrJoseEviI

18 minutes ago, DrJoseEviI said:

Well, If were going by zoning logic we saw on MTA, most players prefer the city. My faction was the only group the really populated the county during our venture on there, but even then we spent most of our time in the city because that’s where everyone was RPing. Perhaps being solely in the county was a turn off for a lot of people, this is the largest poll we’ve seen in a while, no other poll I’ve seen in the last year or so gained as many votes like this, besides my suggestion on banning underaged esex.

i wish esex in general was banned

Let's just face it. I get it, everyone has their own concerns in regards to move (in regards to players count or how dead the city might feel), but it's simply worth the shot which would've happen sooner or later (either with more or less players).

Plus, it is important to note, that the support for the countryside is not gone, players will be able to RP in there and players will organically decide what they prefer more - city or stay in the country.

Just curious but why was Vespucci and Del Pierro area not chosen as the hub? It is one of the first places you arrive to in the city when driving from Paleto?