Chaos

A Move to LS?

A Move to LS?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Should OwlV move to LS?

• Yes, move OwlV to LS
    • No, keep it how it is
    • Allow RP and interiors in LS, but keep the spawn in Paleto

I've heard some feedback from the community about the fact that we RP in the county limits their RP abilities and turns some people off from the server.

Above is a poll to vote on what you'd like to see us do moving forward.

Please give this some thoughtful consideration before voting. Moving to LS will take some of our time away from development to manage this and may result in a dead looking server in such a large city. Don't just impulsively vote.

Thanks guys/gals!

Well, personally, it don't make since for a faction like mine to be based in a town like paleto, however, since my faction does currently own and operate Paleto Bay Waste Managment, which IS based in paleto, i have mixed feelings on this. I think if we allow RP and Interiors in LS, but keep the spawn in paleto for now, that would be the best option. Think about the plethora of RP opportunities that would create. New people get off the bus in Paleto but need a way to the city. Factions can start transport services to shuttle people to and from Paleto... Matter of fact, If we go that route, I might add something like that as another business that my faction has hopped into. 

But then again, opening up LS like that would make an already seemingly dead countryside, feel even less alive... not to mention the fact that the city will feel dead as well.

Edited by GioSerpo

@GioSerpo If we were to move to LS then everything would be moved over, even your business I assume.

I personally prefer LS as an RP zone as it provides more opportunity, but I think that RP and factions should try to concentrate on one area instead of spreading everything across the entire city.

@Mogs I think that if they decide to do a full out move to LS, the countryside should still be up to RP in, too. Too many factions right now that do make since in the country would be hurt if it wasn't. That said, I'd most likely keep PBWM where it is, and attempt to open a LS branch of it, simply because of what it is that PBWM really is, lol. 

I do agree that opening up LS to RP has its advantages, but you got to take into consideration the pros vs the cons. 

pro, more RP ops 

con, very dead looking city

pro, possibly higher player base

con, development time being slowed due to a move...

Also, I do agree that factions should focus on one area, instead of the whole city, however, I'm sure that there are some that are going to want to run all of LS, with their faction... 

It really just comes down to is it worth it or not, in the long run. I personally say maybe, thats why I voted option 3, I personally think option 3 would do wonders for the player base, open even more RP ops than option one would, and result in less factions that make since in a country environment getting hurt.

2 minutes ago, GioSerpo said:

@Mogs I think that if they decide to do a full out move to LS, the countryside should still be up to RP in, too. Too many factions right now that do make since in the country would be hurt if it wasn't. That said, I'd most likely keep PBWM where it is, and attempt to open a LS branch of it, simply because of what it is that PBWM really is, lol. 

I do agree that opening up LS to RP has its advantages, but you got to take into consideration the pros vs the cons. 

pro, more RP ops 

con, very dead looking city

pro, possibly higher player base

con, development time being slowed due to a move...

Also, I do agree that factions should focus on one area, instead of the whole city, however, I'm sure that there are some that are going to want to run all of LS, with their faction... 

It really just comes down to is it worth it or not, in the long run. I personally say maybe, thats why I voted option 3, I personally think option 3 would do wonders for the player base, open even more RP ops than option one would, and result in less factions that make since in a country environment getting hurt.

Option 3 means the whole map is open. I don’t see how it’s better than 1. People are obviously going to buy property in LS so it will just split the playerbase, meaning both areas will be completely abandoned.

And the thing is, you're right. The Playerbase currently isn't high enough to open up the whole map, i feel like it's not even high enough to open up just Los Santos, and I personally don't feel like making a move will increase the playerbase by enough. I also feel like the current factions should be taken into consideration. Look at the Vikings MC, ie. A faction like that don't make since in a city as big as LS. But, with literally no one voting to keep it how it is, that means a move is inevitable, so, why not make the most of it and open up the whole map?

Regrettably I voted for YES. Even though I do like to RP in Sandy Shores and the surrounding area, but it's only due to the fact that I am in a faction which fits perfect in this... countryside setting. 

Yet, I think we have to take a risk and move to the city which provides a much larger variety of activities and better settings for factions to establish themselves. Already established factions probably will have to adapt and all, but that's just how it is if it will surely going to attract more players into the server...

Because the harsh truth is... Even With 10-20~ players - County feels dead.

7 minutes ago, Effect said:

Already established factions probably will have to adapt and all

I was going to bring this up... will we be refunded on our countryside purchases if this vote passes and we happen to change to RP area to LS?

Im fairly certain LS will be opened to RP, and maybe the spawn moved, but Paleto and the rest of Blaine county wont be removed from the play area yes? Maybe @Chaos could clear it up.

So there's two reasons why people don't play as much:

1) Features (sadly the case, as we upgraded to V, we have to drop the mentality of text being the only thing that matters in a game that thrives off of scripts [being gta 5]).

2) Because the server is based in Paleto instead of LS. - The server has been catering to the older RPers that prefer the relaxing countryside vibes because it pushes them to be more creative, which is fine - BUT, the majority of the playerbase (including myself) would prefer a city experience because we can cater to trends in the world today much easier, and mainly above all else, because city life is central to everybody's lifestyles, see how many foreign people are in london, new york city, etc, it's easy to adapt.

Edited by Wynters

Will just put here what I put on discord for people who do have concerns, bare in mind this install part of a discussion but what I imagine would happen if the vote to move won.

In theory we would move whilst people continue roleplaying in paleto so roleplay isnt disturbed and then move over. I'm not 100% sure how itl all work as that's up for discussion still but I would imagine we would help factions and businesses set up in the city so no one loses anything.

Obviously we have to look at the big picture and show the community that we want to meet their ideas and such instead of just stating a firm no to everything.
Which is why we've done a community vote and then obviously we cna talk about how things would work etc.

I wouldn't worry however about businesses and such since end of the day we want to create an enjoyable experience, and therefore will help players with any means possible to ensure a move was beneficial for all.

Of course once we have an idea on whats happening and discussions have been made we will endeavour to keep the community updated and il be more than happy to help people move over if a move was happening.

I'm torn on this vote. Really I enjoy the RP in Paleto that has been provided thus far, but at the same time a move to LS could really make all the difference here.

I guess it's a matter of pros vs. cons and if we will benefit from the move. If everyone isn't happy with the current situation in Paleto or if players keep turning away because of it, then I say a move is a good thing. But if we move, how are we to be sure that it'll draw in more players and still provide a good RP experience?

Pros:
-Larger area for roleplay with more in the area to do
-Players will be able to RP the city life more
-Possibly draw in a bigger crowd

Cons:
-The transfer of items and properties and factions to the new area (not really a horrible thing, but time consuming)
-Larger area means less of a chance to bump into other players
-Gamble on whether we actually draw in more people or not

This is just what I'm looking at, as I'm sure others are too. But maybe a move would be good? I don't know...

TORN I say.

I say we keep it how it is, roleplaying in Paleto. Why?

Why try and improve Paleto and it's surroundings by adding NPCs and stuff if you're just gonna move to LS anyways. This should've been done at the lauch for example choose an area in LS(Mirror Park or Vespucci Beach) and start from there with expanding. 

Another reason is the unique roleplay OwlV gives to players since it is based in the country side. There is no server on RAGEMP based on Paleto. 

I think if we keep developing the server by adding new features and stuff will bring more players, cause at this point most people don't join due the lack of features. There's only a few people that prefer the old styled roleplay using only text and anims. 

I log in everyday myself even if I don't find anything to roleplay, I try and create it and stay online for few hours just so other people can see there's activity on the server and hop on. I think if everyone would do that it'll help alot with the playerbase.

Moving to LS is high risk, high reward task. GTA 5 Los Santos is bigger than GTA:SA. This move will make the RP zone even more dead due PB staying almost the same or it goes successfully and PB increases and everyone is happy.

Players will still say the server is dead with 50 players in Los Santos due the size of it. They just need to accept that LS will be bigger.

Edited by SexyStakk

3 minutes ago, SexyStakk said:

Moving to LS is high risk, high reward task. GTA 5 Los Santos is bigger than GTA:SA. This move will make the RP zone even more dead due PB staying almost the same or it goes successfully and PB increases and everyone is happy.

Players will still say the server is dead with 50 players in Los Santos due the size of it. They just need to accept that LS will be bigger.

players will naturally gravitate towards higher populated areas, I.e if people choose to make Mirror Park the new pizza stacks, everyone will hang there.

7 hours ago, Salsa said:

Im fairly certain LS will be opened to RP, and maybe the spawn moved, but Paleto and the rest of Blaine county wont be removed from the play area yes? Maybe @Chaos could clear it up.

I personally think that spawning in LS but leaving the whole map open would spread us out way too thin..

10 hours ago, Chaos said:

Don't just impulsively vote.

A lot of people are just going to vote yes if it appeals to their expectations and desires, not many people care anymore on how it makes the aesthetic of the server look as long as it enhances their roleplay.

Just now, ResidentPeach said:

A lot of people are just going to vote yes if it appeals to their expectations and desires, not many people care anymore on how it makes the aesthetic of the server look as long as it enhances their roleplay.

Then it's not an impulsive vote lol.

It has nothing to do with server asthetic.

3 minutes ago, Beta said:

ye 5-6 players roaming around in los santos fun

You don't play.

1 hour ago, eoozy said:

yikes do u really think this is going to help the activity the map is too big

Neither do you.

1 minute ago, DrJoseEviI said:

You don't play.

Neither do you.

And what exactly is the reason for that? Check out me and eoozy's playing hours on owlgaming

there has to be a reason, no?