Mutt377

Command /freecam

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Freecam

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
Command (/freecam)

What is the suggestion?-
Currently the camera functions in rage limit us to not really taking the most amazing photos of our RP without having to fiddle around with the camera a whole lot.
It would be nice to have the ability to take far away screenshots or even videos of RP using this system, providing for some very nice shots of RP.

What are the advantages?-
-Better Camera Angles
-Good for both photo and video capturing
-Can help populate some of V's photo album with good shots of RP

What are the disadvantages?-

Not sure how difficult it would be to script this. Otherwise none.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/aikido-free-cam
Here's the mod I used in V when I wanted to get cool looking shots. You might be able to pull something from it or maybe you won't.
Could be a good reference point though to get somewhat of an idea.

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
Something I would like to maybe do in the future is make a OwlV Trailer. Something to start throwing out there for other people to see and get interested in.
Being able to take scenery photos of Owl as well as take cool action shots of RP would greatly help this endeavor.

Not sure if it would be wise to limit this to admins to prevent abuse, but I'll let you make that call.

• Like 2

Yes although it should be limited to admins or admins should be able to give this command for an X amount of time.

A big disadvantage would include potential metagame i.e. someone flies over somewhere to see or even hear (depending on how the script would work in that case) something they shouldn't

I say let the admins grant this permission temporarily to those who ask for the very purpose of taking RP screenshots and such

Edited by Lotto

6 minutes ago, Lotto said:

A big disadvantage would include potential metagame

yep, a no from me aswell. 

3 hours ago, Lotto said:

I say let the admins grant this permission temporarily to those who ask for the very purpose of taking RP screenshots and such

Yes from me ! If the permission is granted temp. 

Can set it to admins only and then be allowed to give players it temporarily by an admin.

Everything is logged so any abuse etc can easily be spotted.

Good idea, this is most likely already in the pipeline.

Yes for me, I would love this feature under certain conditions. First,  you can only freecam so far from your character. Like, it should not be possible to do /freecam in Sandy Shores then go to Paleto through it. There should be a certain distance and direction that you can go. Sure, someone might argue that you could RP be a photographer and have a 'Zoom' or 'Telephoto' lens that can give you incredible distances like 200m+. However, it should not be possible to /freecam over mountains and such. 

Edited by zoezoegigantic
  • Like 1

Loving the ideas here. I do think it would be cool to have some kind of time limit Admins can give to players to use the command. Gives the player a chance to also take good shots and make things look awesome. The Photographer RP would really want something like this.

Accepted given the limitations described in replies.