ResidentPeach

NPC Owned Social Spots

Suggestion Vote  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have NPC owned social spots?

• Yes I want my life to have meaning again, I'm sort of bored repeatedly driving between Sandy Shores and Paleto Bay looking for activity.
    • No I'm socially deprived in real life and would also like this to reflect in my roleplay too.
  2. 2. Should they have Crime/LEO free stipulations?

• Yes I'd love to be able to interact with other characters in spaces that won't have consistant interruptions.
    • No I'd rather be immersed in a constant Gotham City environment, starting as many fights as I do in a game of League of Legends.

Just now, Chaos said:

There is no risk to the player to try starting a business, and they are encouraged to do so that way.

The starter pack has been offered for quite a while now, yet is being brought to a discussion that is about providing a remedy for completely different issue. The starter packs are a remedy for the financial barrier, now what's the remedy for the chain reaction we're suffering from right now that stems from a lack of businesses opening in the server? The chain reaction being that players struggle to find a social space to congregate at which contributes to social interaction and organic roleplay.

The amount of denial I've seen surrounding this issue is quite honestly getting on my nerves and isn't solving anything in the long run. It was the same issue during the last active moments of MTA which had people aimlessly driving around looking for things to do, everybody inevitably ended up at Pizza Stack which spent most of its time as an NPC run business.

7 hours ago, Chaos said:

I'd prefer to have it player owned, UA can completely subsidize the costs if people were interested.

This could be a good use for some mods: https://www.gta5-mods.com/maps/restaurant

Can we do this? Would be amazing.

19 hours ago, Effect said:

It will actually punish established businesses (because think about it this way - why would I go to a bar that could be robbed at any given moment when I can just go to that place and be completely safe?)

Good point. This is what I fear aswell.

Edited by AlAzeeth

16 hours ago, Vubstersmurf said:

Can we do this? Would be amazing.

Yessss, about time we try mods again. We might want to wait for the rage update to make it more stable but we can see

5 hours ago, Chaos said:

Yessss, about time we try mods again. We might want to wait for the rage update to make it more stable but we can see

Legend

I was already kinda pissed to see an interior marker in front of the completely open bar in the country. Why is there a locked interior in front of the door that is able to be opened with a perfectly fine interior. Just open spots like that.
Crime free zones are RPGish and would be really bad for roleplay.
The criminal NPC owned places would be really weird. At some point the police would know the location and not raiding it because it's NPC owned is again, very RPG.
I also don't see problems with NPC's in player owned places. Stacks was fun on MTA.