turret001

[General] More Jobs

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

More Jobs

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
General

What is the suggestion?-
It would be nice to have jobs that don't include drivers license such as factory worker or electrician. There could be a big factory building with different tasks, like, go and get the raw material, load it into the machine, operate the pressing machine, etc. Also, a mining job would be nice too. Truckers or Delivery drivers could pick up raw materials (like raw gold or iron) from mines and drive them to the factory.

What are the advantages?-
It would be nice to have more than 1 player working in a factory, There could be an eco-system that would actually let players run the factory from beginning to the end. Script would pay every player accordingly to their tasks, also there could be a 'buff' so more players working at the same time, more/quicker pays. 

What are the disadvantages?-

Probably sure there are some, but I don't know if they are worth mentioning.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
Unfortunately, no

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
/shruggie

There are some non-script jobs you could consider applying for. These are run by real players in factions. The various Government faction have a ton of vacancies at the moment. In addition, various business factions also have many positions open.  I can understand your point if you want a scripted job. It does seem that most of the scripted jobs require a license.

Edited by zoezoegigantic
Fixed a punctuation error.
1 hour ago, turret001 said:

It would be nice to have jobs that don't include drivers license such as factory worker or electrician.

Hello there! So there is already factions who’s doing something similar as of factory jobs. 

And there is also jobs around that doesn’t require you to have a driver’s license to work, I’m speaking about factions who are providing jobs. 

I personally think it’s best to join a faction or start up a new faction rather than keep adding scripted jobs. It gives you more to join a faction over doing scripted jobs. Provides more RP and interactions with other players etc. 

oh, well, how do you create factions? do I have to apply on forums to create one like in MTA? also, does factions provide a free interior so we can work in it? and, how do I actually earn money in a faction, do I create anything physical and sell it? thanks for the replies!

(EDIT: I was actually planning to apply to join FD but this faction thing sounds interesting!)

Edited by turret001
9 minutes ago, turret001 said:

oh, well, how do you create factions? do I have to apply on forums to create one like in MTA? also, does factions provide a free interior so we can work in it? and, how do I actually earn money in a faction, do I create anything physical and sell it? thanks for the replies!

(EDIT: I was actually planning to apply to join FD but this faction thing sounds interesting!)

Go here, https://forums.owlgaming.net/forum/1947-factions/ decide if it’s a legal or illegal faction you want, if it’s legal you go to the business area, create a thread with information about who this business is and what you do etc, then you fill out a Faction Team update click HERE to get to the form. After that you can go fill out a faction team contact requesting a starter packages. Tell FT what you need to start this faction etc. You’ll find the link HERE

All the forms can be found under forms 

Good luck! 

especially for a new player/character, the jobs are really moot. i think they should replace the city worker job with something else that doesn't rely on other players spraying paint. it's hard/time consuming to get in factions as a new character, especially due to the requirements.

4 minutes ago, ItzGinaa said:

especially for a new player/character, the jobs are really moot. i think they should replace the city worker job with something else that doesn't rely on other players spraying paint. it's hard/time consuming to get in factions as a new character, especially due to the requirements.

Not every faction got these “requirements” it’s not hard to get into a faction being a new player or having a new character. 

Just now, QueenC said:

Not every faction got these “requirements” it’s not hard to get into a faction being a new player or having a new character. 

it's a time consuming process though, new players would get turned off or overwhelmed. with scripted jobs it makes it easy for new players to make money.

4 minutes ago, ItzGinaa said:

it's a time consuming process though, new players would get turned off or overwhelmed. with scripted jobs it makes it easy for new players to make money.

There’s plenty of jobs in factions that isn’t that time consuming and is seen as a part time job, and there’s already plenty of different scripted jobs on the server as it is. I don’t know why you refer to factions as being a time consuming process, if you plan on joining them.  If you create them, then sure obviously you would need to put in the time and effort but that’s something everyone knows before creating factions. Also it’s not like they are all alone about their factions, they can always request support from the faction team, or ask for help. 

Edited by QueenC
54 minutes ago, QueenC said:

There’s plenty of jobs in factions that isn’t that time consuming and is seen as a part time job, and there’s already plenty of different scripted jobs on the server as it is. I don’t know why you refer to factions as being a time consuming process, if you plan on joining them.  If you create them, then sure obviously you would need to put in the time and effort but that’s something everyone knows before creating factions. Also it’s not like they are all alone about their factions, they can always request support from the faction team, or ask for help. 

time consuming to JOIN, you know, the application process, interview, etc? this can be a lot for a new player.

4 hours ago, ItzGinaa said:

time consuming to JOIN, you know, the application process, interview, etc? this can be a lot for a new player.

creates immersion, the more time you dedicate and people you interact with,the better the chances of a longer term player staying is.

• Like 1

Actually, it is not that hard to join a legal faction. Yes, there is some requirements to fill and whatnot, but believe me it is a lot more interesting and fun way to develop your character this way than grind mindlessly for hours a scripted job. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, ItzGinaa said:

The factions I know of that're hiring actually support applicants by helping them through the application stage. Factions such as FD (gov) and Sabre Ltd (legal) have a dedicated recruitment team which you can always PM with questions and have contact info on the faction's description topic.

As for the suggestion, has to be a solid no from me. This will do nothing but pull people away from applying and role-playing in factions. 

Edited by ItsMelodyy
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, PriestlyWays said:

Jobs that don't involve lots of driving would be great, God bless. 

But excuse me, father.

Wouldn't be more fun if you actually opened an active and fully operational church for us, heretics? Paleto Bay has a wonderful church for you to work at.
You could even open a community center for stray sheeps and bring them back into the flock there.

• Like 1

Against it. Get RP jobs.

This is a RP server not a grinding server, and there's already plenty of jobs

EDIT: Now that I think of it, I'd be supporting deleting every single scripted starter job, and just increase general paycheck or lower general price levels that way people stick to roleplay and we'd cut off grinding

Edited by Venenoso
  • Like 1
On 9/30/2019 at 4:39 PM, Effect said:

But excuse me, father.

Wouldn't be more fun if you actually opened an active and fully operational church for us, heretics? Paleto Bay has a wonderful church for you to work at.
You could even open a community center for stray sheeps and bring them back into the flock there.

Hello my son, I don't know if the server has custom interiors as of yet. When they do we can then map out a functioning Church. God Bless. 

• Like 2

of course, but realistically no one is going to spend hours/days on a new server filling out applications and hoping for progress while during this time, they arent getting any money or progressing. if new players dont get a sense of progression they leave. look at most games, players start out with 'perks' that give them a sense of progression so they continue to be engaged.

forcing players to roleplay straight out of the box while the bulk of this roleplay is out of game is a straight turn off for new players and they will simply move on. script jobs are supposed for new players anyway. roleplay is what you make it. if you want to grind script jobs and not roleplay, that's on you. you only get out what you put in on this server. at least one new script job that pays enough for new players and doesn't require a vehicle is all i support. hell you can even make a cut off at a certain hour (like once you reach 5 hours). the whole scripted jobs system needs to be reworked. no one with 50+ hours should be doing rs haul.

10 hours ago, ItzGinaa said:

of course, but realistically no one is going to spend hours/days on a new server filling out applications and hoping for progress while during this time, they arent getting any money or progressing. if new players dont get a sense of progression they leave. look at most games, players start out with 'perks' that give them a sense of progression so they continue to be engaged.

forcing players to roleplay straight out of the box while the bulk of this roleplay is out of game is a straight turn off for new players and they will simply move on. script jobs are supposed for new players anyway. roleplay is what you make it. if you want to grind script jobs and not roleplay, that's on you. you only get out what you put in on this server. at least one new script job that pays enough for new players and doesn't require a vehicle is all i support. hell you can even make a cut off at a certain hour (like once you reach 5 hours). the whole scripted jobs system needs to be reworked. no one with 50+ hours should be doing rs haul.

I disagree.

No offense, but your sense of logic is flawed at this point.

New players gets a strong head start from the very beginning they join the server - tokens that can be used to get a decent car and a place to crash. Which means they have full capability to create RP from the very beginning.
Apart from that, your statements seems a bit tad... Odd? ,,I am joining a ROLEPLAY server, but when I am forced to roleplay it's a huge turn off" Then what exactly do you or them expect from this server?

Yet, now how would you imagine those jobs that require no vehicle to do them? Mechanic job? (I assume it's being worked on behind the scenes), factory worker? (strong no, because I know where this is heading by just standing in a blip while afking and earning money). 

,,If you want to grind script jobs and not roleplay that's on you" Agreed, yet it's a pity that people willing to just grind scripted jobs for countless of hours but not to interact with others or God forbid join existing legal factions and earn their pay through RP. By giving them more scripted jobs... This thought would get even worse.

i am specifically voting for jobs that make you money without needing a drivers license. stop twisting my words, nowhere did i say "roleplay is a turn off" i specifically said applying to player run companies and waiting for responses which can take at least a few hours is a turn off. lets be realistic, new players that pass the test are focused on progression. roleplay comes after once they get a feel for the server and become comfortable knowing the community, otherwise it becomes overwhelming. new players want to make progression now, not wait a few hours otherwise they are gone. give me any faction, anyone can join in less than half an hour that is player run. ill wait.

new players get a few perks yes, but that's not related to jobs at all. the issue is there is no script job that is sustainable that doesn't require a drivers license. jobs that take the place of other NPCs like toll booth and gas station is something cool i can think of. the script gives money but there is still interaction between players. players get money every payday and a commission with everyone they pump/pass thru the toll.

On 10/4/2019 at 12:12 AM, ItzGinaa said:

forcing players to roleplay straight out of the box while the bulk of this roleplay is out of game is a straight turn off for new players

@ItzGinaa it's your words. So I am not twisting them and you seriously strongly imply that idea I mentioned. If I misunderstood you then, apologies. 

Still, I am highly against about an idea of providing more grind to this server (because scripted jobs are all about the grind in general and so it doesn't even providing anything significant to roleplay environment as of now at least)  and by giving a scripted job which simply "rewards" you from walking/standing in point A or B is kinda... Bad in my personal opinion. Of course, you'll toss this "new player" and how he should get used to environment around here, but counter question - how exactly a new player will be able to get to know the community by grinding scripted jobs? 

5 hours ago, ItzGinaa said:

lets be realistic, new players that pass the test are focused on progression. roleplay comes after once they get a feel for the server and become comfortable knowing the community, otherwise it becomes overwhelming. new players want to make progression now, not wait a few hours otherwise they are gone.

I agree with was is said there. When I first joined the server, all I did for 2 days was to find out ways to earn money in order for me to make payments on a car and pay rent. It took nearly 10 hours to get implicated with other players and start some meaningful RP.

I'm not saying that I'm in favor of the idea or against it.

You do get tokens upon starting for both a property and a vehicle and a 500$ hourly paycheck. You're free to join a faction or make your own and you might even be eligible for Faction Team starter packs and support.

On 9/29/2019 at 6:03 PM, Vubstersmurf said:

What's stopping you from making a faction with this idea in mind? Would rather see that than a scripted job.

I think what you want is not a scripted job but rather a scripted system for your items.

Ex: Get to the place, use [ITEM] obtain [MATERIAL] -> [MATERIAL] in [MACHINE] -> [NEW MATERIAL] -> [SELL]??

All that is needed is a place in the world (a mine or cave) that would grant, from the usage of an item like a pickaxe (that could be sold at a hardware store), the [MATERIAL] item  (from script), then the transformation process ([MACHINE]) would have to be scripted aswell so it gives the [NEW MATERIAL], then you could sell it. The Government and Construction companies could then buy this  [NEW MATERIAL] and turn it into buildings, etc.

From that, all you would need would be the Factory Building itself, which wouldn't be opened to everyone and would require RP in order to access it.

It's nice to own an item in a materialistic way (not fictional), if no item is added into the game, alot of people will feel that their RP options are limited.

You need actual existing items introduced in the game in order to create an economy. The item will travel from hands to hands traded for cash or perhaps other items, will eventually get processed or transformed and will change into something else. And then the cycle would go on.

Raw materials are the base of all economy, it has to be gathered from resources on the planet itself and will then be bought, sold or traded and transformed.

We need items added into the game.

Trading leads to social interaction which leads to RP situations. Money and pleasure drives people.

Edited by AlAzeeth
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, AlAzeeth said:

I agree with was is said there. When I first joined the server, all I did for 2 days was to find out ways to earn money in order for me to make payments on a car and pay rent. It took nearly 10 hours to get implicated with other players and start some meaningful RP.

I'm not saying that I'm in favor of the idea or against it.

You do get tokens upon starting for both a property and a vehicle and a 500$ hourly paycheck. You're free to join a faction or make your own and you might even be eligible for Faction Team starter packs and support.

I think what you want is not a scripted job but rather a scripted system for your items.

Ex: Get to the place, use [ITEM] obtain [MATERIAL] -> [MATERIAL] in [MACHINE] -> [NEW MATERIAL] -> [SELL]??

All that is needed is a place in the world (a mine or cave) that would grant, from the usage of an item like a pickaxe (that could be sold at a hardware store), the [MATERIAL] item  (from script), then the transformation process ([MACHINE]) would have to be scripted aswell so it gives the [NEW MATERIAL], then you could sell it. The Government and Construction companies could then buy this  [NEW MATERIAL] and turn it into buildings, etc.

From that, all you would need would be the Factory Building itself, which wouldn't be opened to everyone and would require RP in order to access it.

It's nice to own an item in a materialistic way (not fictional), if no item is added into the game, alot of people will feel that their RP options are limited.

You need actual existing items introduced in the game in order to create an economy. The item will travel from hands to hands traded for cash or perhaps other items, will eventually get processed or transformed and will change into something else. And then the cycle would go on.

Raw materials are the base of all economy, it has to be gathered from resources on the planet itself and will then be bought, sold or traded and transformed.

We need items added into the game.

Trading leads to social interaction which leads to RP situations. Money and pleasure drives people.

i like where this idea is going. this can also encourage roleplay because everyone would be in the same vicinity and you can create some drama (ex. /me accidentally hits John with pickaxe).

10 hours ago, Effect said:

@ItzGinaa it's your words. So I am not twisting them and you seriously strongly imply that idea I mentioned. If I misunderstood you then, apologies. 

Still, I am highly against about an idea of providing more grind to this server (because scripted jobs are all about the grind in general and so it doesn't even providing anything significant to roleplay environment as of now at least)  and by giving a scripted job which simply "rewards" you from walking/standing in point A or B is kinda... Bad in my personal opinion. Of course, you'll toss this "new player" and how he should get used to environment around here, but counter question - how exactly a new player will be able to get to know the community by grinding scripted jobs? 

i was talking about the role play outside of the game like signing up for factions on the website, etc. then waiting 24h for a response because not everyone is in the same time zone. its a time consuming process. if there was a totally in game system where you can make constant money while interacting with players its totally fine. the focus isnt scripted jobs in particular its more of a fast way to make money to keep people engaged and to give players a sense of progression and that doesn't require anything but a pulse. scripted jobs obviously come to mind but any alternative will do. you don't have to make an elongated role play scene just to make a few dollars, most peoples work day in real life consists of the same boring things everyday.