fartacus

Activity

A lack of features is kind of a big deal when you have competition. I have no doubt that Owl will rise above the competition since the scripters are really competent, but saying that these features are not needed to fully get immersed is just not true in most people's eyes. If this was the case we could just rp in the discord chat, or MTA would've stayed alive.
Also the more things automated by the script, the less fork for FT and admins, the quicker everything is handled, the more fun and responsive roleplay is.

• Like 1

OnKzCU4.jpg

There have been countless discussions in forum, discord server about this stuff and etc.. 

To simply answer your question:

Players expected OwlV Beta in the same state as MTA was with their scripts. Done.

edit: just made text bigger so everyone can read

Edited by SexyStakk
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, SexyStakk said:

There have been countless discussions in forum, discord server about this stuff and etc.. 

To simply answer your question:

Players expected OwlV Beta in the same state as MTA was with their scripts. Done.

This ^

I don't feel this topic needs to be further discussed, this thread should be locked imo.

• Like 2

In my opinion it's simply because people aren't logging in and playing.. It's that simple. How do we expect to have a decent playerbase when only 20 - 30 people are active players? The only people who seem to be complaining about the server lacking players are the ones who don't log in to roleplay ?

The reason which stands behind the amount of players is that Owl5 is nowhere near as amazing as MTA was. Yes, it's still in beta, yes people could interact between each other and crate relationships as it's mentioned above, but why should they can simply join a more developed server and play there? No, I'm not advertising or anything or encouraging people to leave Owl5, I'm just saying we took it for too granted of how great and stable MTA was and we thought Owl5 will be as well, well sadly not. It's also got some competition going on so unless you create something great with the features RAGEMP and GTAV has to offer I doubt Owl5 will see much activity in its early days.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2019 at 4:29 AM, Shaderz said:

It's a lot more than the server simply not having enough features. It's lack of motivation.

There's no incentive to open any establishment or start a legal faction from anywhere or anyone. There are established, well-built and official factions and then there's nothing. There are no middle ground organizations, those who are supposed to be more active because they either fight to slowly achieve more and more or there's no point in having them at all.

Illegal factions are pretty much non-existant. Paleto Bay and its counties do not really allow many types of illegal organizations to be set up at and grow from there. Especially African-American based illegal factions which are by far the most common in pretty much any roleplay server.

People need to be like "hey I'm really looking forward to get in game and continue working on developing my character/faction" but right now they have no reason to feel that way.

Very well said. Me and some friends wanted to start an illegal faction but there's not drive for us like there was in MTA. I can't pinpoint why exactly, it might be the feel of GTA V or as you're saying the environment.

• Like 1

If you really care about Owl’s future, you can stop writing topics like these and instead just log into the server.

Edited by Bunny
  • Like 2
  • Salty 1

18 minutes ago, Bunny said:

If you really care about Owl’s future, you can stop writing topics like these and instead just log into the server.

I was just curious. And FYI I'm on the server nearly every day.

Ignore this - Its been a while

Edited by FlickIDaWrist
Im slightly autistic

It's a lot more than the server simply not having enough features. It's lack of motivation.

There's no incentive to open any establishment or start a legal faction from anywhere or anyone. There are established, well-built and official factions and then there's nothing. There are no middle ground organizations, those who are supposed to be more active because they either fight to slowly achieve more and more or there's no point in having them at all.

Illegal factions are pretty much non-existant. Paleto Bay and its counties do not really allow many types of illegal organizations to be set up at and grow from there. Especially African-American based illegal factions which are by far the most common in pretty much any roleplay server.

People need to be like "hey I'm really looking forward to get in game and continue working on developing my character/faction" but right now they have no reason to feel that way.

Lmao ur never on.

11 minutes ago, Deuce said:

Lmao ur never on.

I am here and there. But I explained above why I'm not as active as I wish I was.

On 9/22/2019 at 5:29 AM, Shaderz said:

10 minutes ago, Deuce said:

Lmao ur never on.

He literally stated what's driving him away and I totally agree with him.

On 9/22/2019 at 5:29 AM, Shaderz said:

This is what drove me and several others away.

Its a new server I'm not sure what you expect of it? Bottom line is that people are extremely great at complaining instead of actually doing something or trying to do something about the issue, for example if everyone I've heard complaining about either GTAV or MTAs lack of players would log on both servers would have a good amount of players online, but yet they don't for some reason. 

Illegal factions are around on OwlV, So I'm not sure what you mean when you are saying they are non-existent? There are lots of illegal factions around, just look in the underground section HERE There is 8 factions on that page, and nobody is prohibiting you people to start your own illegal faction.

And there are legal factions around as well, just look at the business section HERE, there's over +10 factions most of them are new businesses people are opening up.  And again, there's absolutely nothing or nobody who's prohibiting you to start your own legal business.

I do however agree with Unitts, it looks like this thread has served its purpose and that people are only going on about the same thing in nearly each comment.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

if someone isn't motivated to create a faction

To be really honest, I think some people are also demotivated when they think back of the response times of the old MTA FT. Really happy to hear it's different now, though! (Speaking from my own personal viewpoint. I had to wait weeks on end to get a simple VM through for example. I saw factions die before I could get paid for simple sidejobs by the FT)
I'll try and get my friends together to start a tiny illegal faction. I really do want Owl to be great again but I do understand why some people are demotivated. Everything is new, It's still choppy and unfinished, as to be expected until 1.0.
I really believe Owl has a superior RP standard compared to the many other text based roleplay server. It just lacks features for now.
I do honestly think that constantly blaming the players (not targeted to thatguy) is just not fair. If you think outside a love for owl everyone should understand why playing something that's visibly not finished yet is just not ideal, not everyone shares the oldfag patriotic owl feeling. Some just want the best and Owlgaming, in script regards, isn't yet.
Don't forget that Rage and GTA V roleplay are also new for the staff team. I'm positive that with time staff will adapt more and new humans will join to make every experience smoother.
I think everyone made their opinion quite clear though, I made this reply because I'm very engaged in this topic, I'm just trying to be clear about my opinion and it's interesting to read others.

4 hours ago, Poffy said:

they need to have more car mod scripts

And real car models and really big spoilers and engine modifications but like way more than already possible and a Las Venturas highway outside of RP area to avoid officers while testing my car.

• Sad 1