fartacus

Activity

How come a lot of people aren't as active as before? In my opinion I feel like it has/had to do with the stability of the server. Rn, it seems like the server is pretty stable tbh. What is keeping you guys from playing regularly?

• Like 2

No idea tbh, I just don't really feel like playing. The server still feels like a beta, the ui is not optimally responsive, I'm stuck with my undershirt, I can't modify my car after buying it, I can't go to the barber or get tattoos.
I think a lot of people like me are just waiting for the server to be a bit more "finished" and fleshed out, which will happen with this awesome development team.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, croozerdog said:

No idea tbh, I just don't really feel like playing. The server still feels like a beta, the ui is not optimally responsive, I'm stuck with my undershirt, I can't modify my car after buying it, I can't go to the barber or get tattoos.
I think a lot of people like me are just waiting for the server to be a bit more "finished" and fleshed out, which will happen with this awesome development team.

It's very playable rn though

4 minutes ago, fartacus said:

It's very playable rn though

It's completely playable and awesomely stable, just doesn't have everything to make rp as fun as it can be, as should be expected from an early beta. No doubt it'll be awesome in a few weeks-months.

7 minutes ago, croozerdog said:

It's completely playable and awesomely stable, just doesn't have everything to make rp as fun as it can be, as should be expected from an early beta. No doubt it'll be awesome in a few weeks-months.

I agree as well. Hopefully in a couple months time, once we have a few more crucial features in place we'll start seeing more new and old faces.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DrJoseEviI said:

I agree as well. Hopefully in a couple months time, once we have a few more crucial features in place we'll start seeing more new and old faces.

It is totally playable if players were able to focus on character-to-character interactions and backstory building etc. Sadly we know that is easier said than done.

Obviously this is still beta, which is fine, and we should all look at playing with that in mind.

Having worked professionally in the tech space, I understand how there is almost always a "push" from the development side to get stuff live, and there are some valid points to that.

However, when you are dealing with a community of players, you run the risk of a launch (even in beta) coming off as half-baked, which it clearly has. Even the basic features that were added off the top were inconsistent and often "broken" in one way or another.

Now does this mean give up playing until things are back at MTA level of functionality? Absolutely not. There is huge value in using this time to build your character, establish IC relationships and so forth.

My advice to players: Get on your character, enjoy what you can and keep putting the pressure on Dev team to prioritise (basic) features that would make you stay. 

My advice to Dev: Get on your horse and push engaging features that will make players want to stay. Until you do, find ways to keep players engaged, and supplement your lack of features with concessions to help RP along and give players a reason to play and a variety of ways for them to attain assets as they do.  

Edited by Zebulon
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, croozerdog said:

45 minutes ago, Strickland said:

It's the playerbase that keeps people from playing. Simple mindset. There is nothing more to be told on the subject.

Care to elaborate?

1 hour ago, Zebulon said:

It is totally playable if players were able to focus on character-to-character interactions and backstory building etc. Sadly we know that is easier said than done.

Obviously this is still beta, which is fine, and we should all look at playing with that in mind.

Having worked professionally in the tech space, I understand how there is almost always a "push" from the development side to get stuff live, and there are some valid points to that.

However, when you are dealing with a community of players, you run the risk of a launch (even in beta) coming off as half-baked, which it clearly has. Even the basic features that were added off the top were inconsistent and often "broken" in one way or another.

Now does this mean give up playing until things are back at MTA level of functionality? Absolutely not. There is huge value in using this time to build your character, establish IC relationships and so forth.

My advice to players: Get on your character, enjoy what you can and keep putting the pressure on Dev team to prioritise (basic) features that would make you stay. 

My advice to Dev: Get on your horse and push engaging features that will make players want to stay. Until you do, find ways to keep players engaged, and supplement your lack of features with concessions to help RP along and give players a reason to play and a variety of ways for them to attain assets as they do.  

Well said.

Zebulon giving advice to players???

1 hour ago, Strickland said:

It's the playerbase that keeps people from playing. Simple mindset. There is nothing more to be told on the subject.

You wrote what i was gonna

1 hour ago, Strickland said:

1 hour ago, DrJoseEviI said:

Care to elaborate?

From my point of view, as a player, I wouldn't hop online with only 15 other players or so, 80-90 is reasonable but still not up to par.

1 minute ago, Sicario said:

From my point of view, as a player, I wouldn't hop online with only 15 other players or so, 80-90 is reasonable but still not up to par.

Won't happen unless you get online. Where do you expect that 80-90 to come from?

My honest opinion is time will tell, as others have said it's still early days. As discovered in the era of MTA the flashy features are like waving candy in front of a child. You can roleplay on the current script fine it's just sadly its features that make people interested, once features roll out they'll be some improvements.

1 hour ago, Valkyr said:

anyone remember the older scriptless RP days? all you had was a simple textbox and a brain, reminds me of that, stop relying so much on scripts and build yout character up while you can, you can get really immersed in the game if you let your little brain go wild. Since ive come onto OwlV my character developing skills have gone up massively since i have to think who i wanna be and what i do next, instead of going oh ill just do what the scripts tell me. Kudos to the devs for shit theive done so far, Rome wasnt built in a day, so isnt OwlV, patience people.

+1

People should be able to play without all the nice and fancy scripts. Yes they are great but reality is that currently we don’t have these scripts and there’s plenty of other things the development and scripters need to sort out first. 

And you should be able to RP even if there’s 10 people on the server. It’s sad to see people refusing to go online to RP just because they don’t see a half full player-base. How is the server supposed to get more players if everyone just refuse to log on just because the amount of players online doesn’t suit you? Come on people.. Get online, and get out there interacting with others. Develop your characters and have fun with friends. 

Its great to see the players and factions that is actually getting out there and RPing with each other despite not having the scripts etc they wish for. 

As for myself, I’m not online due to having a potato. ??‍♀️ Not much to do about that other than attempting to get a new PC.  But for all of you who isn’t stuck with potato’s log online and interact with others. And you can always ask mates to join you.  

• Like 1

pointless thread.

everyone who says its the playerbase that makes them not play, you're the problem.

everyone who says it's the lack of features that makes them not play, well learn to have patience.

everyone who still plays without having a lot of features, bless you all.

There's no actual point to discuss about problems that we are facing since the transition from MTA to V.  

There really isn't, because even before the transition Owl had his own decline in players base as far as I can remember (for many,many reasons).

Rather for looking someone to act as a scapegoat be it as it may (lack of fancy features or lack of players base)  we should consistently keep doing what we always did back in day - jump in game, roleplay for 1 or 2 hours with our pals or like minded people, step by step develop our character, form contacts with other players, groups and etc. 

13 hours ago, fartacus said:

What is keeping you guys from playing regularly?

Life, my PC and various people. Also tired of RPing

Edited by Serx