Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThatGuy

OwlGaming Newsletter - September 2019

OwlGaming.png

September 2019 Newsletter

y7sgkve3

Community & Script Updates

Game Administration Team Update

We've recently opened up administration applications. There are some community members who have expressed interest in becoming administrators for specific platforms (MTA and or V) and we encourage you to apply if this is the case.

Faction Team Update

Since our last newsletter, we've had two Faction Team updates, and another one is in the works for September. This upcoming newsletter will contain an update to http://docs.owlgaming.net/ to include a detailed tutorial on how to use the Virtual Market and how to progress as a faction in general for all of those new members who have joined since the launch of V and are not familiar with how the faction evaluation process works from MTA.

Something I'd like to announce before it's mentioned in the upcoming September update is that the Faction Team is interested in continuing to provide support for new factions on V in the form of starter packages. If you are leading an active faction on the server and wish to take advantage of a starter package, please let us know through a Faction Contact.

OwlV Script Updates

We've had two script updates, two development updates, and eleven hotfixes since launch! The work done has been monumental so far. There have been enough updates that I won't link all of them but check out the latest script updates and development updates.

You can check out the rest of the updates and hotfixes in THIS section.

Launch of OwlV Beta

The launch of OwlV on RageMP has been a very exciting event and a big step forward for OwlGaming. Since this beta launch, there have been several script updates and hotfixes. We hope this fast-paced progress has been evident. Scripting this much is nearly a full-time job for our development team and lots of things happen in the backend that are not necessarily so apparent at face value. The time taken to read reported bugs, reproduce them, figure out the case, and fix them is immense. We are prioritizing bugs that hinder the play experience first as well so the script is as smooth and bug-free as possible.

This is as stated before, a beta launch. Your assistance in reporting bugs is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

This can be done at https://bugs.owlgaming.net/my_view_page.php - Under the V section.

GameCoins for Playing OwlV!

We're offering GameCoins for players who showcase OwlV by streaming and videos. Some of you do this already and we'd like to say thanks! It helps spread the word and we're more than happy to reward you for your help in the community.

Upcoming Elections

We recently announced our plans on how we're going to handle elections on V. Keep an eye out for the announcement with dates and more details in the near future.

Community Spotlight

9/11 Memorial Server Event

The Los Santos County Government recently held an in-game memorial for 9/11 in Paleto Bay. It was some fun roleplay for the server, lots of players were there, including the Fire Department, Sheriff's Department, and lots of others to take advantage of the free food! This was the first official event of OwlV and we look forward to creating many more.

@ItsMelodyy decided to stream the event as well!

Spoiler

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

11Fhsp

CKvVai

The Vikings Motorcycle Club

A new faction has appeared from @Dougie, showing promising activity and roleplay with some great screenshots! Those of you interested in this style of RP are definitely encouraged to check them out. The biker style of roleplay really fits well into our roleplay area as well.

The Vikings also have a really cool promotional video they've created.

Cartel Del Suroeste

The Cartel has been working towards implementing real-life stories into their roleplay, with the latest being focused on the recent article regarding Mexican crime syndicates spraying a banned pesticide on weed plants in the Californian mountains.  This is bringing a lot of immersive roleplay for the faction as well as thinking outside the box in terms of the opportunities that this can bring.

Articles

Articles in character are always a great way to provide a certain level of immersion that really ties everyone's RP together through an event they all now know about. We encourage everyone to write articles about in character events and to submit them to the Faction Team to get paid VIA our entertainment / media VM!

Media

To have your media featured in the next newsletter, submit it on the #media channel on Discord!

gWogXrQ.png

FD11.png

1.png

9.png

Grand_Theft_Auto_V_Screenshot_2019.09.16

61f2b72560139aacf5adae848a2e667f.jpg

624ef9ad81083789e4204dcf8a363496-jpg.jpg

9646a6d0d19221a9cd75a6aafd31812f-jpg.jpg

unknown.png

20190914212438_1.jpg

unknown.png

image0.jpg

GDkMnb5EQxOT8Engpn_3dA.png

tuJoeMU.png

6uetM1u.png

image0.jpg

unknown.png

unknown.png

20190903214521_1.jpg

imageproxy.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

PGv7lf3.png

Yeet. I am highlighted in the screenshots :D anyway, I am very excited to be a part of OWL V beta. Even though the server is still in very early stages of it's existence, I am very happy to see how much all of us have achieved in these past few weeks. Let's keep on going guys because the server and it's script will only going to get better and more enjoyable to all of us. Never forget that. And I'll take this moment to thank once again to @Daniels @Chaos and @Eloquent for keeping up the work on the script, pumping out significant fixes and putting loads of work on the features. Plus special thanks to GAT and FT teams for all they work that they've put in the past few weeks aswell. 

2 hours ago, Dougie said:

Thanks for the shout out, greatly appreciated! Really excited to watch the server grow, its been amazing so far!

Took the words right out of my mouth. 

Streaming was fun to do and I plan & hope on streaming more events! 

Thank you for the mention :)