Sicario

Los Santos

I agree that there is alot more RP available by having the whole map open. But the playerbase isnt enough for the city for now. Having the whole map open with 12 players online will just make the server feel more dead than it does IMO.

At some point, I do understand your point of view. Los Santos provides a diversity and versatility when it comes down to vibe/areas and overall general area. So moving to Los Santos would indeed be very neat and wonderful choice to please all kinds of RP organizations (Gangs,mobs and such alike) Yet, as of now, indeed server populace is rather low and so... Los Santos would feel very, very lonely and cold place to RP in. What I would consider is to open certain "areas" of Los Santos where we could somewhat focus populace around, but it could be a very risky move as of now.

I'm not a big fan of the country side either but I think we'll eventually move once we are out of the beta phase and gain a bigger playerbase. Even Paleto Bay and Sandy Shores being so small it's still pretty bare atm.

I personally believe any type of faction can exist anywhere, it happens IRL so, implying that being in the county is limiting RP is false. With the numbers our player base is at ATM, I view this as a poor choice. Having everyone spread across the map is meh in my opinion. I don't mind if we open the map though, I just think its not the best choice at the moment.

Edited by DrJoseEviI

I think it’s something we can consider in the long run but right now, things are fine how they are. 

9 hours ago, DrJoseEviI said:

I personally believe any type of faction can exist anywhere, it happens IRL so, implying that being in the county is limiting RP is false. With the numbers our player base is at ATM, I view this as a poor choice. Having everyone spread across the map is meh in my opinion. I don't mind if we open the map though, I just think its not the best choice at the moment.

There's a lot more "factions" in a city. Trailer trash is not the same as ghetto trash, it has a very, very different vibe.
Playerbase would be even worse in the city though, I agree.

Paleto Bay itself feels like a ghost town if there is no event ongoing somewhere, whether it is private or government organized, how do you expect to roleplay in Los Santos? This thing is huge. 

Nonetheless, I agree about the factions topic you mentioned. Paleto and Baine County in general are situated for specific type of roleplay when it comes to the illegal sub-branch. It limits the street gang's roleplay opportunities heavy, as well as the OCG scene, especially Eastern-European organizations and the LCNs. 

Edited by Strickland

On 9/15/2019 at 10:18 PM, zucchero said:

I think we should move to LS anyways, Paleto Bay is too small.

People don't get on when we're in Paleto, they complain there's not enough RP there BECAUSE of the lack of players to RP with.

So what makes you think you'll find it in the city of Los Santos?

Sure, I agree - LS is fucking great. The city is an amazing place to RP in, I'm a city boy irl myself, born and bred. I watch shows, movies, I know what you mean.

But I feel like this is a thread that's been born off of a branch that the other thread got L&A'd from (about whats keeping people from coming on).

Just wait until the foundation (that is the script) is built solid and then we will see change, more players, then maybe, just maybe -- we might move to LS.

For now, just appreciate where we're starting, then go from there.

All RP is easy af to make. Don't worry.

12 minutes ago, Wynters said:

People don't get on when we're in Paleto, they complain there's not enough RP there BECAUSE of the lack of players to RP with.

Sure, I agree - LS is fucking great. The city is an amazing place to RP in, I'm a city boy irl myself, born and bred. I watch shows, movies, I know what you mean.

But I feel like this is a thread that's been born off of a branch that the other thread got L&A'd from (about whats keeping people from coming on).

Just wait until the foundation (that is the script) is built solid and then we will see change, more players, then maybe, just maybe -- we might move to LS.

Gotta agree with you. What's the point on going to LS if we can't even populate one small area of Paleto bay in the first place? Los Santos will feel even more lonely, even more deserted and even more demotivating than Paleto. Of course, like I mentioned in another thread before. If we moved to a certain areas of Los Santos... Well yeah, okay - Sure. That COULD work... But I highly doubt it. 

18 minutes ago, Effect said:

Gotta agree with you. What's the point on going to LS if we can't even populate one small area of Paleto bay in the first place? Los Santos will feel even more lonely, even more deserted and even more demotivating than Paleto. Of course, like I mentioned in another thread before. If we moved to a certain areas of Los Santos... Well yeah, okay - Sure. That COULD work... But I highly doubt it. 

not really, ALOT of people don't like the vibe Paleto gives, so moving to Santos might change something 

Just now, rosemarie said:

not really, ALOT of people don't like the vibe Paleto gives, so moving to Santos might change something 

A lot? How many exactly? I need numbers. Not subjective and empty slogans.

I personally find Sandy Shores a more appealing place to RP in so I don't really bother myself with Paleto. It gives a more ruthless and lawless vibe. 
Plus, I would like to note that you said MIGHT. It's a risk, 50/50 chance that it will change anything. Plus, it would drastically increase the work of scripters who would have to create new routes for scripted jobs, find a solution for those who bought properties back in Paleto and whatnot... I would prefer that they actually worked on new features and not logistical problems.

35 minutes ago, Effect said:

A lot? How many exactly? I need numbers. Not subjective and empty slogans.

I personally find Sandy Shores a more appealing place to RP in so I don't really bother myself with Paleto. It gives a more ruthless and lawless vibe. 
Plus, I would like to note that you said MIGHT. It's a risk, 50/50 chance that it will change anything. Plus, it would drastically increase the work of scripters who would have to create new routes for scripted jobs, find a solution for those who bought properties back in Paleto and whatnot... I would prefer that they actually worked on new features and not logistical problems.

I really like the idea of starting in Paleto Bay and then expanding to the cities next to it till we can use the whole map one day.

This concept makes OwlGaming unique compared to other servers as I personally haven't seen another server trying this. 

However, there is the problem. People like Los Santos and they are familiar with the RP there since all servers start in LS and never in PB. 

I like it, you like it, a few others might as well but I am sure there are so many people voiding the server because of the country RP. 

Other servers managed to grow their playerbase started in Los Santos as well so why can't we? Just my thoughts about this, I am not complaining at all. 

1 minute ago, Starboy said:

I really like the idea of starting in Paleto Bay and then expanding to the cities next to it till we can use the whole map one day.

This concept makes OwlGaming unique compared to other servers as I personally haven't seen another server trying this. 

However, there is the problem. People like Los Santos and they are familiar with the RP there since all servers start in LS and never in PB. 

I like it, you like it, a few others might as well but I am sure there are so many people voiding the server because of the country RP. 

Other servers managed to grow their playerbase started in Los Santos as well so why can't we? Just my thoughts about this, I am not complaining at all. 

But then again - If you look from the other side we are offering a unique take on the roleplay because most of the servers are set in LS. While we operate in pretty forgotten yet beautiful setting of Blaine County. 

Of course, don't get me wrong, I am not complaining if we are going to move to the city. Yet, I am trying to voice my... Concern that it is a huge risk and how sure are we that this move will actually help people?

4 minutes ago, Effect said:

Yet, I am trying to voice my... Concern that it is a huge risk and how sure are we that this move will actually help people?

What do we have to lose? 

2 hours ago, Wynters said:

Things with the PB weren't as bad as they are now when I wrote my comment.

3 hours ago, SexyStakk said:

LS is much bigger than in GTA:SA universe. This would make server even more empty. 

Indeed. Sometimes I feel that one neighborhood in GTA V is equal to half of LS in GTA:SA universe... And that says a lot. 

Still though, I gotta agree with @Venenoso here, if we got stable 40 players count... I wouldn't mind to move into LS just for the sake of RP (Strong argument is that Paleto cannot provide enough of space and properties even for that amount of players) But until that happens... I tend to believe that these small towns are the best opinion as of now.

On 9/15/2019 at 11:55 PM, DrJoseEviI said:

The thing is, it limits RP. You have to adapt to the environment or else you're breaking the immersion that there is supposed to exist and this in essence is already restrictive. I have serious doubts you'll see as many diversified facilities/establishments in the countryside than you would if we were in the city because some do not simply fit in Paleto Bay. There is a reason why the countryside and the city are not the same thing.

I get why people think it's not the best choice to move to Los Santos yet but at the same time I feel like it creates more roleplay opportunities, which in return will make players come back and play on the server more frequently. 

14 hours ago, Shaderz said:

The thing is, it limits RP. You have to adapt to the environment or else you're breaking the immersion that there is supposed to exist and this in essence is already restrictive. I have serious doubts you'll see as many diversified facilities/establishments in the countryside than you would if we were in the city because some do not simply fit in Paleto Bay. There is a reason why the countryside and the city are not the same thing.

I get why people think it's not the best choice to move to Los Santos yet but at the same time I feel like it creates more roleplay opportunities, which in return will make players come back and play on the server more frequently. 

But that's just an assumption don't you think? I mean, okay, I get it where you coming from, but then again, how sure are we that move to Los Santos will bring the members? How many of you would get on the server with 10 players when the server is set in LS?

Los Santos is a bad idea, literally every other server is based on Los Santos, yes it has more buildings housing and all of that, but even with 150 players on it'll still feel EMPTY considering how big it is. Give the developers a chance to get some good scripts running, get a bigger playerbase, add more housing maybe even some custom one considering GTA 5 has a lot of modding possibilities and it'll be better. And if anyone thinks that even with a playerbase of lets say 50 people, that LS is gonna work, means he is delusional. I personally find paleto bay more fun, it offers a great nature vibe with loads of potential for activities, be it offroad clubs, boat clubs, hiking anything really. You can even have bars and clubs considering it has some industrial buildings. 

15 hours ago, Shaderz said:

MTA also had LV and SF off RP zone and nobody really complained? If you really think that LS is gonna be better you're wrong. It offers more buildings and it'll feel like a ghost town considering its SO BIG. 

On 9/27/2019 at 6:58 PM, Effect said:

Indeed. Sometimes I feel that one neighborhood in GTA V is equal to half of LS in GTA:SA universe... And that says a lot. 

Still though, I gotta agree with @Venenoso here, if we got stable 40 players count... I wouldn't mind to move into LS just for the sake of RP (Strong argument is that Paleto cannot provide enough of space and properties even for that amount of players) But until that happens... I tend to believe that these small towns are the best opinion as of now.

Instead of LS they can slowly integrate Grapseed area and Sandy Shores and even the suburbs of Los Santoy County, wanting to play in LS will make them lose playerbase because everyone without a roleplay group will find himself driving in LS for 20 minutes before logging off because he got so bored. 

On 9/27/2019 at 9:19 AM, rosemarie said:

A lot of players dislike Owl as of now due to the lack of features, once the developers make something great, which I believe they will it'll be a completely different story. Also you're delusional.