[General] Access to animal skins

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Animals

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
General

What is the suggestion?-
Let's acknowledge an elephant in the room. As of now, there's no way to play as an animal in OWL V (Dog, cat, deer or w/e) Knowing that there's countless of animal skins in GTA V I do think that we should have an access to it in order to provide an interesting way to provide RP for players and organizations alike (Few ideas that do pop up in my mind, a way to open up a dog fighting ring, poachers could go to national park to hunt deers or more aggressive animals for the fun of it, PD could get drug sniffing dogs or a K-9 unit and such). 

What are the advantages?-
- More freedom to provide RP.

What are the disadvantages?-

-Could be abused by the trolls

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
No, GTA V already has animal skins inside the game so it shouldn't be no problem I assume?

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
As you create the character simply add up on the options: Premade char, custom char, animals). As you create an animal character you might need to be approved by the admin or higher person in order to go through a simple interview to see if you are being serious or not. If there's no problems with this - Just go and play.

17 minutes ago, Unitts said:

No there is a one way ticket to let weebs do what they want

I beg to differ. 

I do know that this could be seen as somewhat "sensitive" feature to implant into the server. Yet, I did provide a solution how to solve this possible "weebs problem" (if they have to go through an admin interview and see what he has in mind... To troll or to actually do something good around there. Seeing that a showcase stream of our server DID feature police dog and his part in that simulated (or not) scenario it did give a nice touch of an immersion and a quick glimpse what could BE POSSIBLE if role played appropriately.

Of course, I do understand and completely accept any input on this suggestion, but I beg community not to say a flat ,,no", but more to provide an insight and ideas which could "work".

26 minutes ago, Effect said:

I beg to differ. 

I do know that this could be seen as somewhat "sensitive" feature to implant into the server. Yet, I did provide a solution how to solve this possible "weebs problem" (if they have to go through an admin interview and see what he has in mind... To troll or to actually do something good around there. Seeing that a showcase stream of our server DID feature police dog and his part in that simulated (or not) scenario it did give a nice touch of an immersion and a quick glimpse what could BE POSSIBLE if role played appropriately.

Of course, I do understand and completely accept any input on this suggestion, but I beg community not to say a flat ,,no", but more to provide an insight and ideas which could "work".

I still stand against this, I wouldn't mind NPC dogs for immersion but I don't think players should be RPing them.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Unitts said:

I still stand against this, I wouldn't mind NPC dogs for immersion but I don't think players should be RPing them.

^
I do like the idea of RPing an animal but I don't support the suggestion as I don't think it would be correct allowing such feature.
Maybe a very long time later when we have a stable playerbase. 

This suggestion was shot down on MTA, it won't happen on v either. There's no need for it, and it's a troll risk to let random players (whether or not they're admin approved) to RP as animals. If you want animal's, passive RP them. 

Edited by DrJoseEviI
  • Like 1
Just now, croozerdog said:

Wait this is a troll suggestion right?

Nope. I wanted a clear input from the community about it (Specially knowing that GTA V has animal models) plus, I gave a clear input how it could be used and what would it provide on the RP scene. Yet, seeing that everyone is quite aggressive about it, I reckon it won't happen any time soon :)

4 minutes ago, Effect said:

Nope. I wanted a clear input from the community about it (Specially knowing that GTA V has animal models) plus, I gave a clear input how it could be used and what would it provide on the RP scene. Yet, seeing that everyone is quite aggressive about it, I reckon it won't happen any time soon :)

I would not like to see furry ERP on Owl when I'm in the woods thank you very much.

4 minutes ago, croozerdog said:

I would not like to see furry ERP on Owl when I'm in the woods thank you very much.

I understand that and fully support that. Yet, counter question to you.

Wouldn't you like to see a dog fighting ring? Where two bad ass Rottweilers get sent into the ring?
Wouldn't you like to see people walking their dogs up on the streets of Paleto?
Wouldn't you like to get your ass bit by a K-9 unit dog?
Wouldn't you like to RP as a hunter/poacher walking down the trails in the forest with your trusty dog as you look for some stray deer?

As I mentioned, it's very easy to point out negatives at this matter (Furry RP), but at some point, pros could easily outweight cons... Or what you incline our community would just abuse the shit out of this feature? (We simply brush the suggestion away because trolls... Who I might add would be appropriately punished if they have no actual intent to RP, no?)

5 minutes ago, Valkyr said:

isnt it possible on rageMP to add NPCs? it'd work well if you wanna be  a certified hunter

It's possible, but it's VERY HARD to code a certain behavior to them... At least that's what I've heard before.

1 hour ago, Effect said:

I understand that and fully support that. Yet, counter question to you.

Wouldn't you like to see a dog fighting ring? Where two bad ass Rottweilers get sent into the ring?
Wouldn't you like to RP as a hunter/poacher walking down the trails in the forest with your trusty dog as you look for some stray deer?

As I mentioned, it's very easy to point out negatives at this matter (Furry RP), but at some point, pros could easily outweight cons... Or what you incline our community would just abuse the shit out of this feature? (We simply brush the suggestion away because trolls... Who I might add would be appropriately punished if they have no actual intent to RP, no?)

It sounds really cringy to me, to have people roleplay animals.

54 minutes ago, Effect said:

It's possible, but it's VERY HARD to code a certain behavior to them... At least that's what I've heard before.

Basic AI shoulnt be too hard to code, spawning randomly,possibly in preset areas set beforehand or mapped, then having random paths in a certain area,whilst avoiding roads, in theory it doesnt sound too hard(not sure what language is used to script for Rage)

39 minutes ago, croozerdog said:

It sounds really cringy to me, to have people roleplay animals.

It's not your cup of tea and I understand that, just provided that there's a bit tad more to this RP than furries e-sex orgies in the woods or lion king recreation, but still, appreciate the input. 

@Valkyr if you are talking about wild animals - sure. Random areas could work... Yet seeing that desync is strong within RageMP so I wouldn't get my hopes up for that...

Yet, like I said before, I mostly make suggestions for the future updates which either gets some support or not. 

I actually agree, it'd be cool to roleplay as an animal. Especially for me, considering I do a lot of work while I roleplay that my character is doing something else. He's sitting around drinking coffee while I'm working on some project or whatever, and if people engage with him then I switch back to the game immediately and give him my full focus.

I may like animals a bit more than the rest of us, but I'd love to develop the life of a dog. Character story, personality, and interests. Then sit around and not do much at times, and other times go for a walk and run around like an idiot, zoomies and what else our 4 legged friends may like. Honestly, I'd love to roleplay a pigeon but that may just be me.

And at the same time, I can see how this may be abused and made fun of and turn into something bad. But there's always a way to work around that. And no, devs shouldn't focus on this in the early stages if at all, naturally.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, solql said:

I actually agree, it'd be cool to roleplay as an animal. Especially for me, considering I do a lot of work while I roleplay that my character is doing something else. He's sitting around drinking coffee while I'm working on some project or whatever, and if people engage with him then I switch back to the game immediately and give him my full focus.

I may like animals a bit more than the rest of us, but I'd love to develop the life of a dog. Character story, personality, and interests. Then sit around and not do much at times, and other times go for a walk and run around like an idiot, zoomies and what else our 4 legged friends may like. Honestly, I'd love to roleplay a pigeon but that may just be me.

And at the same time, I can see how this may be abused and made fun of and turn into something bad. But there's always a way to work around that. And no, devs shouldn't focus on this in the early stages if at all, naturally.

Exactly my point, thanks for a well thought input on this.

I mean, I do understand the risks and opportunities around it... That's why I'll just repeat myself here. All I hope that people won't say a flat cold ,,No" for this feature for those who's interested into it (after all, owlgaming motto is ,,possibilities are endless", yet we are trying to put a lid so what's up with that? :D)

Animals and roleplay don't mix well with the exclusion of police K9 situations. Look at MTA for an example, as soon as the dog model was implemented into the server everybody and their sister had a dog which would supervise their house 24/7. If it was implemented everybody would want to be a dog that could take on a thousand men, or a bear, or some ape.

Especially with it being roleplayed by another player it'll just make everything a shitshow.

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

Animals and roleplay don't mix well with the exclusion of police K9 situations. Look at MTA for an example, as soon as the dog model was implemented into the server everybody and their sister had a dog which would supervise their house 24/7. If it was implemented everybody would want to be a dog that could take on a thousand men, or a bear, or some ape.

Especially with it being roleplayed by another player it'll just make everything a shitshow.

I too fear it'd be overused. But it should be restricted and not be used as a form of security when people are away. As an example, people can roleplay body guards. But not roleplay body guards standing by their house or walking in circles around it 24/7. Same with the dog. If the person that's roleplaying the dog is online, the dog appears. If they're offline, the dog is somewhere else, chasing cars in the neighborhood down the road or whatever. So it's not used as means of protection when you're away, but considered equal to a human character or whatever.

Also I love your signature, thank you for reminding me of one of the funniest videos I've ever seen

• Like 1

I support this idea, it should only be allowed via forum application or with permission from an administrator. 

Alternatively, if people believe that roleplaying as an animal may break immersion, or cause problems. It is possible to script an NPC animal that follows you around... (I've seen it done on another RP server).

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Effect said:

All of which can be passive RP'ed and doesn't require a player actively controlling an animal ped.

No from me. I'd much rather have scripters focus on bigger stuff than this and even then, as Unitts described, it'll be a big open door for trollers.

On 9/14/2019 at 3:42 PM, Unitts said:

I was going to say this. I think we should be able to have NPC dogs for roleplay and whatnot but PLAYERS RPING as ANIMALS shouldn't be a thing. Period.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Script said:

I was going to say this. I think we should be able to have NPC dogs for roleplay and whatnot but PLAYERS RPING as ANIMALS shouldn't be a thing. Period.

Well, I guess that would be a middle ground for everyone and well that is better than nothing :D