[General] - Free Owl Coins for Activity

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Free Owl Coins for Activity

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
General

What is the suggestion?-
I suggest that we offer a small amount of OwlCoins, just enough to make the incentive worth it to be given once an hour to players who are on the server until the end of September. If you're AFK or alt tabbed there would be a detection system in place that would know your character hasn't moved and you wouldn't get the coins. I think this would give players more incentive to keep the server populated. Could even bring in more donations if people who haven't donated before like some of the donator perks, and would like to purchase OwlCoins in the future when this promotion ends.

What are the advantages?-
- Incentive to play
- Might keep server more populated
- Could attract more donators

What are the disadvantages?-

None.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
No.

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
Implement.

10 minutes ago, Strickland said:

gamecoins for activity? i want you to hook me up with the dealer you buy your drugs from, mate

Just on a temporary basis, right now the player base has been sitting at under 30 (in my timezone). It wouldn't be a huge amount but enough to keep players logged on longer. There isn't much to do in the server as it's in its beta phase right now so I believe this would help.

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Israel said:

Just on a temporary basis, right now the player base has been sitting at under 30 (in my timezone). It wouldn't be a huge amount but enough to keep players logged on longer. There isn't much to do in the server as it's in its beta phase right now so I believe this would help.

We all know that, the day Chaos gives everyone free Gamecoins, is the day his account is breached. Do you know how many people would abuse it to farm Gamecoins? Log in, spawn on whatever character, go inside of it's house, get a controller, tape the joystick to either direction, leave it be for several hours.

I do agree that it MIIIIGHT bring activity, but the chance is very thin.

Just now, WonderPlukkie said:

Do you know how many people would abuse it to farm Gamecoins? Log in, spawn on whatever character, go inside of it's house, get a controller, tape the joystick to either direction, leave it be for several hours.

there are admins too who check on players from time to time. that'll get them a perma ban for farming :P

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, WonderPlukkie said:

We all know that, the day Chaos gives everyone free Gamecoins, is the day his account is breached. Do you know how many people would abuse it to farm Gamecoins? Log in, spawn on whatever character, go inside of it's house, get a controller, tape the joystick to either direction, leave it be for several hours.

I do agree that it MIIIIGHT bring activity, but the chance is very thin.

A great way to get struck with the ban hammer. 

BANHAMMER.png

4 hours ago, WonderPlukkie said:

We all know that, the day Chaos gives everyone free Gamecoins, is the day his account is breached.

giphy.gif

If I got your math correct, you're saying Chaos giving game coins equals his account being breached? I have no words for the confusion I am experiencing.

------

@Israel I think an activity reward system of some sort would be a considerable way to improve engagement, not just temporarily but a permanent one. It's a simple concept that has an excellent opportunity to be expanded on and tweaked. Even as simple as rewarding the player 'x' amount of 'y' per day they log in, or per day after so many hours of playtime. It really is open to interpretation though, since there are many ways to run with this idea and develop it into something great that would increase engagement and activity. It's basic game design 101, lol. So many games "thank" you for your playing activity and go even further with other content.

Anyway, I'm sorry others haven't been constructive to your suggestion. It kind of makes you feel like your idea wasn't worth sharing and that shouldn't be the case. You have an intentional idea. I'm sure it would be helpful if people would take your approach, then find a way to add to it or change it. Implying you're on drugs because you want to increase player activity by offering rewards.. is a little much. I thank you for coming up with ideas and sharing them, especially ones that have the intention and possibility of growing the community. :)

• Like 1

If this was to be a thing I don't think it should just give gamecoins out, it should work more on an interest based system so people who have already got GCs then that would be a cool idea.

9 hours ago, WonderPlukkie said:

We all know that, the day Chaos gives everyone free Gamecoins, is the day his account is breached.

Quite an irrelevant comment but in my expirence i've recently seen Chaos offer gamecoins out to people who've produced content for Owl aka videos.

• Like 1

I'm not really sure if I support this idea. There are many people who are currently taking part in V related things but haven't been able to properly be ingame, such as QueenC and it would not be fair for those who are active on the forums but are unable to be active ingame and hence miss out on their chance on getting the coins. This suggestion seems kinda PAY2WIN to me, I wouldn't support this. 

• Like 1