Sign in to follow this  
Sicario

[General] - Lower the number of posts per page.

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Lower the number of posts per page.

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
General

What is the suggestion?-
Currently a page holds 25 posts, including the main post. In the factions forum it's where the issue hits, due to the high amount of screenshots, it takes a while for them to load, thus lowering the post count per page, to 10-15, would make it easier for members to browse factions activity and such.

What are the advantages?-
Less lag when browsing certain forums
More appealing pages

What are the disadvantages?-

Less posts per page?

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
No

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
I'd go crazy idk

• Like 2

This would not actually help you at all. People would end up posting more screenshots in one post. Browsing through the screenshots would actually become really hard thing to do. People are too stupid to actually use proper image size for the screenshots therefore it takes ages to load. Oh yeah, something that would actually help you a lot is to get a better internet connection. It would eliminate this problem entirely.

Obviously, big no.

Edited by FAILCAKEZ
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, FAILCAKEZ said:

This would not actually help you at all. People would end up posting more screenshots in one post. Browsing through the screenshots would actually become really hard thing to do. People are too stupid to actually use proper image size for the screenshots therefore it takes ages to load. Oh yeah, something that would actually help you a lot is to get a better internet connection. It would eliminate this problem entirely.

Obviously, big no.

What he said really... Plus advantages do sound a bit tad subjective.

11 hours ago, FAILCAKEZ said:

Obviously, big no.

you are one really rude person, my friend

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, FAILCAKEZ said:

Obviously, big no.

I'm talking about 10 seconds of loading images, it's not a big deal but it's annoying compared to other faction forums I've been around.

c5d2194141a755fa3165996378d01408.png

Edited by Sicario

I think it would be better to encourage people to simply put their photos in a spoiler instead. I don't wish to sound rude but the reality is that if you have a connection good enough to play on MTA or V, browse forums, and consume other media, you have internet good enough to load a page that has screenshots. Especially when you know people are likely to post screenshots in a faction thread, you should just prepare yourself for that accordingly.

• Like 1