Sign in to follow this  
DrJoseEviI

[Press Release] Homeless Shelter - Renovation Contract.

6j0n8yJ.png

Homeless Shelter - Renovation Contract

Office of The County Commissioner

September 10th, 2019

Greetings, fellow citizens! The Los Santos County Government is currently seeking a company that is both capable and experienced to complete the renovations of the 'Los Santos County Homeless Shelter #1". This building (picture below) was purchased recently by the Los Santos County Government with the intent to turn it into a homeless shelter.

xCrOKGm.jpg

There is less than twenty rooms that need to be renovated, outfitted with drywall, furniture and electrical outlets. We are looking for expericiend companies that we can do further business with. The budget for this renovation is $10,000. Please send all inquiries to myself at [email protected] Please send your letter of interest in as formal letter, stating your company's experience and how it can work within the given budget. Only companies may apply for this contract, not individual workers.

Nicklaus Wuttemberg, County Commissioner.

D1h4PYk.png

21 minutes ago, Israel said:

$10,000 you'll be lucky to get a one story building, open room concept... That's without furniture included!

Username: Nicklaus Wuttemberg

Comment: You seem to misunderstand this press release. We have already purchase this building for $40,000. Renovation costs have already been calculated at $10,000.

11 minutes ago, AlbanianMafia said:

Can anyone actually imagine this being a realistic offer in any way?

I don't see how it isn't, for putting up some drywall, laying down furniture and installing a few outlets?

8 minutes ago, Kusch said:

Name: ihateGazaStrip

Comment: i'd go lower hehe

How come?

47 minutes ago, ScaryGary said:

You seem to have no understanding of basic cost, not to mention that the job description is incredibly vague. This has to be a joke.

Costs we're already calculated precisely, using local manufacturers and suppliers, as well as a generous amount added for the wages of the contractors. The description isn't vague at all, it's an offer for what needs to be done, and with all offers, the more finite details are worked out in written agreement. What we require is drywall and electrical installation, as well as some furniture to be laid down. 

It seems people are concerned about the lack of money being spent on this project. I'd like to inquire as to why that is. Have you no faith in your government who has promised so much already? The Wuttemberg Administration strives to achieve civil discussion on these type of matters, and we seek to better the government as a whole, but we can not do so without the knowing the demands of the people. What can I, as the Commissioner do to improve this project in the eyes of the public?

Edited by DrJoseEviI

2 minutes ago, DrJoseEviI said:

Comment: You seem to misunderstand this press release. We have already purchase this building for $40,000. Renovation costs have already been calculated at $10,000.

$10,000 dollars for a project of this size is the issue. I already know that the building has been purchased by the government. But laying down flooring, putting up drywall, placing trim, painting walls & ceilings, adding bathroom & kitchen fixtures, installing the electrical all require skilled workers. You'll need a plumber, an electrician, multiple carpenters. $10,000 is an insult. All of these employees to pay. You're not going to get a contract from ANY company. You'll need to at the very minimum pay what you paid to purchase this dump to have any company assigned to this project.

25 minutes ago, Israel said:

$10,000 dollars for a project of this size is the issue. I already know that the building has been purchased by the government. But laying down flooring, putting up drywall, placing trim, painting walls & ceilings, adding bathroom & kitchen fixtures, installing the electrical all require skilled workers. You'll need a plumber, an electrician, multiple carpenters. $10,000 is an insult. All of these employees to pay. You're not going to get a contract from ANY company. You'll need to at the very minimum pay what you paid to purchase this dump to have any company assigned to this project.

Comment: As I said these kinds of issues can be worked out in a written agreement, this is why we opened this bid. We already have have an agreement with local suppliers to provide building materials at cheap rates, and some even free. This price can be adjusted via the council and internal discussion. The original proposition is for $10,000, this does not mean it is set in stone. Our goal is to initiate negotiations right now, many people fail to understand negotiation is a key factor when it comes to a contract, especially a public contract, where you're obligated to be financially responsible. 

If you represent a company, please send in your contract bid. We look to negotiate these kind of things. This portion of negotiation is primarily for labour. Materials have already been covered with additional costs. At well above minimum wage, this provides for at least 400 man hours of labour, which I personally believe is more than enough for a renovation of this size.

Edited by DrJoseEviI

Username: Blade.

Comment: Lovely news to wake up to. Volunteered at several homeless shelters myself, so this is just awesome, great work. Hope for a company to take well care of it once the contract is signed.

Edited by CillBosby

42 minutes ago, fartacus said:

Name: Big D

Comment: to be honest, i could do that on my own if the government supplies everything from outlets and furniture to drywall, if the deadline accepts it that is

With that budget they want a half arsed one man job so you'll be perfect for it.

4 minutes ago, Immaculate said:

With that budget they want a half arsed one man job so you'll be perfect for it.

Comment: the contract is open for negotiation as I said.

Many people here are ignoring the fact the contract is open for negotiation and the intent is to lowball an initial offer to conserve as much as possible. If our contractors demand more than they should get in contact with me privately. We’re looking to do business and no one is taking the initiative except me.

Edited by DrJoseEviI

1 minute ago, Immaculate said:

Username: Big D

Comment: if u just take ur time it wont be half assed, bro

4 minutes ago, DrJoseEviI said:

Comment: the contract is open for negotiation as I said.

Maybe you should have asked companies to place their own bids with detailed expenses before coming up with an illogical budget, what company would have the motivation to go into negotiations with a guy who thinks 10K a reasonable amount to do a project like that. 

4 minutes ago, Immaculate said:

Maybe you should have asked companies to place their own bids with detailed expenses before coming up with an illogical budget, what company would have the motivation to go into negotiations with a guy who thinks 10K a reasonable amount to do a project like that. 

Name: gjjjjjj

Comment: behave

14 minutes ago, Immaculate said:

Comment: Certainly not you. 10,000 is the minimum payment. If you represent a construction company, I urge you to send in your bid, rather than remain ignorant.

8 minutes ago, DrJoseEviI said:

Comment: Certainly not you. 10,000 is the minimum payment. If you represent a construction company, I urge you to send in your bid, rather than remain ignorant.

12 hours ago, DrJoseEviI said:

12 hours ago, DrJoseEviI said:

I don't see how it isn't, for putting up some drywall, laying down furniture and installing a few outlets?

You're contradicting yourself Hitler junior, I wonder how much the farmers that you lobby with get for their projects.

14 minutes ago, Immaculate said:

You're contradicting yourself Hitler junior, I wonder how much the farmers that you lobby with get for their projects.

Username: Nicklaus Wuttemberg.

Comment: Excuse me? How am I “Hitler Junior”, and how is that even relevant to this? And I haven’t lobby’d with any farmers, you’re delusional and I am retracting any offer made to you if you represent a construction company. I stand by all of what I have said, none of what I have said is contradictory. $10,000 is the bare minimum costs for labour on this project, we have an additional $10,000 allocated for actual materials, I don’t believe I made that clear. None of this is contradictory, we are offering $10,000 as the MINIMUM payment for labour. $10,000 well surpasses the hourly wage for a project like this, at $25 an hour for 400 hours, a project like this can be completed within 72 hours. It’s a less than twenty rooms that require dry wall (which is incredibly cheap), furniture which is being donated, and electrical which is even as cheap as the dry walls needed. You’re incredibly ignorant and consider yourself excluded from any future government contracts, shame on you, good sir. 

**Your IP and user account would be banned from commenting on the government website, subsequently any duplicate accounts made replying to this post would be immediately banned by Gov tech support admins**

Edited by DrJoseEviI