Irrtadum

MTA's heading and staff's view towards it.

1 hour ago, Maikeyy2 said:

Said it before, and I'll say it again. Our lovely community abandoned MTA because ''some'' players left, followed by friends of those who decided to drop the war hammer. 
Although, in meantime those who left MTA are still to be found on the social media such as FindBook or LinkBook. There are a lot of excuses thrown around by people that they don't have time to be active on MTA, as they have exams (some of those have school exams 365 days a year it seems.). 

If everyone, GAT and UA included, will show some effort to login to roleplay (trolling isn't classified as roleplay) I guarantee this lovely community grows once again. :K

Kek

I mean, if the majority of the community isn't into playing MTA we can't force them to show interest. People are logging in daily onto a beta server because they enjoy it and the environment.  As for the admins, how can they administrate a server with nobody on it. GTA V in itself has a long way to go, the focus should be on that platform as people are actually interested in playing it.

I've said this here and there, you guys need to advertise owlgaming on different platforms instead of sitting here and complaining all day. Secondly, you've asked Staff's opinion about MTA, the answer is ''NO LOL''.  Staff doesn't give any kind of fuck If MTA dies or not and we are in owlgaming, where the people will move along with their ''groups'' (can say circles). Owlgaming needs to change, first of all UAT should destroy all the friend circles like they did back in 2015, so people can finally have peace and motivation to login to server. Literally! Everything is owned and controlled by those ''circles''. And no, please don't come up to me and ask for evidence when It's legitimately clear friend circles do exists. We are also talking about friendly admins here and there? Friendly who? Most of the admins has issues with players, even though they will deny all of my claims using ''doing my job'' card. If you want to revive the Roleplay start making up your bed first before attempting to judge anyone. This community was once user friendly, lovely and decent. If everyone can man up and be the person who they were before I believe this community will be much better than what it is right now and truly will give people motivation to login. Owlgaming is last standing English Roleplay server in whole MTA and It's in our hands If we want to kill it or not, this is not up to me, not up to him, not up to her, but this is up to ''us''.

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

I've said this here and there, you guys need to advertise owlgaming on different platforms instead of sitting here and complaining all day. Secondly, you've asked Staff's opinion about MTA, the answer is ''NO LOL''.  Staff doesn't give any kind of fuck If MTA dies or not and we are in owlgaming, where the people will move along with their ''groups'' (can say circles). Owlgaming needs to change, first of all UAT should destroy all the friend circles like they did back in 2015, so people can finally have peace and motivation to login to server. Literally! Everything is owned and controlled by those ''circles''. And no, please don't come up to me and ask for evidence when It's legitimately clear friend circles do exists. We are also talking about friendly admins here and there? Friendly who? Most of the admins has issues with players, even though they will deny all of my claims using ''doing my job'' card. If you want to revive the Roleplay start making up your bed first before attempting to judge anyone. This community was once user friendly, lovely and decent. If everyone can man up and be the person who they were before I believe this community will be much better than what it is right now and truly will give people motivation to login. Owlgaming is last standing English Roleplay server in whole MTA and It's in our hands If we want to kill it or not, this is not up to me, not up to him, not up to her, but this is up to ''us''.

+rep. Only issue is that these friend circles are the only thing that's keeping MTA Owl "active" at this point.

2 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

MTA is not abandoned nor is it being abandoned. The reality is that MTA as a platform, as a whole, has a declining English speaking playerbase. This is evident by the top servers listed if you look at any given time. The vast majority of them are not roleplay and if they are, they are some other language, notably Russian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Arabic. Other English roleplay servers of any stature are virtually non-existent, further showing that as well. The quality of applications received on MTA directly reflect this as well. Copy pasted applications are quite common and appeals made on denials in the UCP are almost impossible to read.

The English MTA roleplay community as we all now know is relatively small. The same people transitioned from vG to rG to uG to Owl, etc. Many of those people roleplaying from years ago lost interest. I don't blame them, I've been on MTA since 2009 and it is an old platform, no doubt.

This does not mean that we are abandoning MTA. There are plenty of people who still want to play it or who will experience it for the first time. This has been said dozens of times at this point in various announcements, Discord messages, etc. We will continue to have MTA for as long as people wish to play it. We cannot force staff members to play only on MTA or V, we cannot force players to log on. All we can do is continue to provide it as a platform to roleplay on, which we are doing. We even have very recent script updates for MTA, so the idea of it being abandoned is just not true.

I think you mean [BR] sir

Also.. to respond to the original poster.. Yes, MTA had it's time, and you'll go back to screenshots to relive memories, but there's also memories to be made on Owl V (i sound like a faggot, shit)  .

Using  a platform allowing you to do the same as MTA did but in GTA V is far better and more immersive roleplay wise. Just let the UAT and everyone involved into making Owl V figure out and fix what needs to be fixed or added. When things start rolling you'll notice that this platform is not bad at all.

Edited by ZythuM

MTA can still be revived since the english roleplayers does not even know about the existence of a RP server on MTA. If the whole community wish to move to V no worries but staff got to put some effort advertising MTA just like V and treat it like a new server also not a abandoned garbage

3 minutes ago, hook said:

MTA can still be revived since the english roleplayers does not even know about the existence of a RP server on MTA. If the whole community wish to move to V no worries but staff got to put some effort advertising MTA just like V and treat it like a new server also not a abandoned garbage

I doubt advertising is going to do much. There just isn't that much interest in regards to MTA with RageMP being out there. Most of MTA's English speaking roleplayers have left for OwlV. 

Increased the size of the phrases i make my reply to this thread out of, added a P.S. to the writers/added more to each one from my end)

3 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

MTA is not abandoned nor is it being abandoned. The reality is that MTA as a platform, as a whole, has a declining English speaking playerbase. This is evident by the top servers listed if you look at any given time. The vast majority of them are not roleplay and if they are, they are some other language, notably Russian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Arabic. Other English roleplay servers of any stature are virtually non-existent, further showing that as well. The quality of applications received on MTA directly reflect this as well. Copy pasted applications are quite common and appeals made on denials in the UCP are almost impossible to read.

The English MTA roleplay community as we all now know is relatively small. The same people transitioned from vG to rG to uG to Owl, etc. Many of those people roleplaying from years ago lost interest. I don't blame them, I've been on MTA since 2009 and it is an old platform, no doubt.

This does not mean that we are abandoning MTA. There are plenty of people who still want to play it or who will experience it for the first time. This has been said dozens of times at this point in various announcements, Discord messages, etc. We will continue to have MTA for as long as people wish to play it. We cannot force staff members to play only on MTA or V, we cannot force players to log on. All we can do is continue to provide it as a platform to roleplay on, which we are doing. We even have very recent script updates for MTA, so the idea of it being abandoned is just not true.

P.S. to ThatGuy: Thank you for saying Portuguese language and not Brazillian. 

1 hour ago, ZythuM said:

Also.. to respond to the original poster.. Yes, MTA had it's time, and you'll go back to screenshots to relive memories, but there's also memories to be made on Owl V (i sound like a faggot, shit)  .

Using a platform allowing you to do the same as MTA did but in GTA V is far better and more immersive roleplay wise. Just let the UAT and everyone involved into making Owl V figure out and fix what needs to be fixed or added. When things start rolling you'll notice that this platform is not bad at all.

P.S. to Zythum/everyone: This is straight facts, please don't force me to play MTA more, i've been playing since 2009, i'm tired of it, i can't take any more of it, i know the map and most modes more than i know my city.

3 hours ago, Maikeyy2 said:

Said it before, and I'll say it again. Our lovely community abandoned MTA because ''some'' players left, followed by friends of those who decided to drop the war hammer. 
Although, in meantime those who left MTA are still to be found on the social media such as FindBook or LinkBook. There are a lot of excuses thrown around by people that they don't have time to be active on MTA, as they have exams (some of those have school exams 365 days a year it seems.). 

If everyone, GAT and UA included, will show some effort to login to roleplay (trolling isn't classified as roleplay) I guarantee this lovely community grows once again. :K

P.S. to Maikeyy: Grenade out, fire in the hole!

________

Overall, most players such as myself are simply burnt out from MTA, we're been on it for years on end, and we just can't stand it anymore, MTA and Owl on MTA brought me a ton of friends and memories, but just like everything else, people move on, nobody is blocking you from playing MTA as long as you want to, UAT is taking action to make sure you have admins to help you with your issues, but overall, it's declining, and unless you're going to find new players that have good/ok english and don't have sub-par RP skills like most that copy paste applications, it's just the way it is.
Get your friends to join, we can't force them in, but you can give them reasons to join!

roleplay in general has been cashed out and it isn't interesting. from the start of mta til the end every faction ever made has been the exact same street gang, or poorly designed yakuza ran by ig 20 year olds, irl 16. everybody is burnt out other than those that wont splash out £500 on low end pc to run gta 5 on lowest settings at 1080p, to join the other 12 people playing owlv.

rp servers died in 17. move on and ragehack on cs and sell prime accounts.

8 hours ago, Cod3oz said:

Going to be honest it's sad to see the state MTA is in now. Was going through screenshots not long ago, V is nice and all. But will never match the moments of MTA.

yeah you know you make a valid point there 

Edited by ertidog

Owl V was asked for, for a few years now.. I think.

It finally came to the public in late August 2019, after we wanted it so badly, through efforts of the scripters on a no-pay basis.

Now we have it, and we're letting nostalgia trick us into going back to the past.

Change is effective, and MTA has generally been declining for a long time.

People realise that MTA roleplay is just outdated gameplay for them, and they'd much rather play other games.

I personally don't mind being on MTA, but I do prefer the update to V. It feels like a new experience all over again, that might be placebo on top of the fact that it genuinely is new, for everyone, but regardless - I feel like I'm back in my UnitedGaming days (because that was new new for me).

All I'm going to say now, is that you need to give things a chance guys. I know MTA is easier to run, I know it had its fun in the past, but there's more opportunity here on V, think of all of the cool things you couldn't do on MTA that you could do on V.

Allow me to take two things, for example:

- Imagine how many times you got annoyed because you crouched behind a car and somehow got shot because of the crazy hitbox, when in V you have the ability to take cover behind walls, cars etc

- How it would take you 5 seconds to get from the south of LS to the North of the county, but in V takes you a good while

Little things like this add up, and it's all the more reason for why V is better.

Give a chance, and lets move on together. ;)

Edited by Wynters

Maybe mentioned but maybe it needs some reinforcement? People lose interest and there is no reason to blame other parties for it (e.g. staff??). Really no one to "blame" but that truth is the decline was inevitable and has been happening for a long period of time. ThatGuy said it perfectly, as well.

You can't force someone to play something they don't wish to, and clearly lack interest in.

4 hours ago, TheNeonGuy said:

please don't force me to play MTA more, i've been playing since 2009, i'm tired of it, i can't take any more of it, i know the map and most modes more than i know my city.

----
Overall, most players such as myself are simply burnt out from MTA, we're been on it for years on end, and we just can't stand it anymore, MTA and Owl on MTA brought me a ton of friends and memories, but just like everything else, people move on, nobody is blocking you from playing MTA as long as you want to,

Could not have said it better. 2009 and beyond, the memories were great but there are always better things for the future.

14 hours ago, Maikeyy2 said:

(trolling isn't classified as roleplay)

this

11 hours ago, Wynters said:

How it would take you 5 seconds to get from the south of LS to the North of the county, but in V takes you a good while

You are in paleto lmao