WonderPlukkie

[Mapping] Add more forestry

Very simple. The only little forest we have is... sad. Too little trees, and could use some additions.

The mapping adition that will be linked will add some more green to a lot of Chilliad State Wilderness. This is also nice for Park Rangers. There is more forest and thus more ground to cover ( and more spots to hide for criminals, or places to sleep/rest for homeless people/hunters ).

https://nl.gta5-mods.com/maps/forests-of-chiliad-ymap-2485-trees

TL;DR Add more nature to the Chilliad State Wilderness, and make Paleto Bay feel just a little more like a nice little town with beautyful nature surrounding it.

• Like 1

tbh I've played on a fivem server having more dense vegatation and it was nice and tons more immersive, without any notices in performance drops but I mean, that was a different platform from ragemp so I'm not too sure how it'd react to that.

4 hours ago, WonderPlukkie said:

*cough* get a new potato *cough*

buy everyone that plays a new potato, otherwise, his point is still valid.

Mapping has always have to keep a balance between looking nice, and everyone having the ability to run them, that's why you've never seen MT going wild on MTA, because you need to make sure everyone has the ability to play with the graphics designed for the game, plain and simple.

Edited by TheNeonGuy
added to the reasoning for my response
  • Like 1

For everyone going on about this causing more lag: don't think a few more trees will destroy someones PC, if it could be tested if this causes significantly more lag than the vanilla map that'd be great.

Maybe not necessarily use this mod but something else that adds a bit more forestry as it'd be nice to do any sort of hunting/offroading/hiking RP in a more dense forest + it looks better overall

and it's more useful for criminals as well if it's more dense

Edit: Did some quick research on the mod, apparently it doesn't affect the FPS (on singleplayer/vanilla V) by more than 10-12FPS less on high settings, and even less on low.

The creator claims that they've done some things to make the mod less performance demanding after those numbers were recorded. Still, needs to be tested on the platform OwlV uses.

Edited by bigtone
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, bigtone said:

For everyone going on about this causing more lag: don't think a few more trees will destroy someones PC, if it could be tested if this causes significantly more lag than the vanilla map that'd be great.

Maybe not necessarily use this mod but something else that adds a bit more forestry as it'd be nice to do any sort of hunting/offroading/hiking RP in a more dense forest + it looks better overall

and it's more useful for criminals as well if it's more dense

Edit: Did some quick research on the mod, apparently it doesn't affect the FPS (on singleplayer/vanilla V) by more than 10-12FPS less on high settings, and even less on low.

The creator claims that they've done some things to make the mod less performance demanding after those numbers were recorded. Still, needs to be tested on the platform OwlV uses.

43 minutes ago, Vubstersmurf said:

I highly doubt it'll cause lag however I do think we should focus on other things before looking at scenery aesthetics. This is still beta and also scenery mods would be cool I do think we should be looking at actual script suggestions that help improve peoples roleplay.  Once we are out of beta stage then maybe (and a very big maybe) we could look at improving the surroundings.

A big hug for you ❤️

On 9/9/2019 at 12:32 PM, WonderPlukkie said:

Very simple. The only little forest we have is... sad. Too little trees, and could use some additions.

The mapping adition that will be linked will add some more green to a lot of Chilliad State Wilderness. This is also nice for Park Rangers. There is more forest and thus more ground to cover ( and more spots to hide for criminals, or places to sleep/rest for homeless people/hunters ).

https://nl.gta5-mods.com/maps/forests-of-chiliad-ymap-2485-trees

TL;DR Add more nature to the Chilliad State Wilderness, and make Paleto Bay feel just a little more like a nice little town with beautyful nature surrounding it.

Depends how many trees. Though I've actually managed to get them in-game and they don't lag me. Granted I used a 750 Ti (not the best GPU but it's decent) it handled the map with breeze.

You can also install this client-sided without having the server to install it. I know it takes away the idea behind the mapping but if the majority isn't up for it, what's to stop you from seeing it client-sided? I'd be up for making a tutorial on how it would be possible to get mappings to work alongside any server on RageMP. (Obviously and specifically for Owl V.)