[Items] - Improvement of the phone

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Improvement of the phone

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
Items

What is the suggestion?-
The phone currently doesn't have a lot of features, probably to add them after launch.
However, I'd like to submit a suggestion with a few features which might be helpful and interesting - not sure if all of them can be done.

- Phone book: https://forums.owlgaming.net/topic/108257-general-phone-book/ - someone already suggested a phone book to save numbers. Official numbers should be added already.
- SMS: Possibility to text each other + create groups
- Transport app: An app to call a taxi, an app with bus routes, showing the nearest bus stop (if my first suggestion https://forums.owlgaming.net/topic/108291-general-real-routes-for-the-bus-job/ gets accepted ofc)
- Games: For example an app to play games like Flappy Bird? :D
- Camera: A camera app like snapmatic, if that is possible? If it's not possible like snapmatic, I'd suggest having the photos on the phone for the moment and one has to take a screenshot of it, to get it on the computer - this system disables the HUD of the game as this was suggested too.
- Mail system: Instead of using the forums private messages, we use the mail system on our phones (laptops if they'll be added some day too)
- GPS: People who don't have a phone should not be able to see the Radar on the bottom left. Whenever they get a phone, one should be able to see the radar.
- Access to the internet or just to deveis.com: Instead of having Twitter/Instagram.. we have a Deveis app!

What are the advantages?-
- Realism
- More opportunities with the phone
- Interactions with bus/taxi drivers
- Interactions via phone
- Interactions on deveis
- People take photos with their phones and don't take a screenshot from the air

What are the disadvantages?-

- People take photos with their phones and are not really able to take screenshots from the air anymore (or they have to cut it out like they do now)

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
Sadly no.

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
Step-by-step, a phone book and being able to send text messages will do for the time being.
The other features can be implemented later on.

2 hours ago, Strickland said:

as much as the deveis idea is cool, i am unsure whether it is possible. let's not forget that this is V and not MTA, the second had a lot of scripting possibilities which the V lacks in general

To integrate it in a script would be time consuming. The website already accounts for "mobile" screens. An icon on the phone that launched a small browser window would be neat. I am not familiar on how the in-game browser handles cookies though, having to login every time would be annoying.

Oh but to add, it would be cool if you got buzzed when there was a notification like a message on deveis. So an app would be cool, but again time consuming.

Edited by Chasee

Biggest of them all, ability to pull your phone out using the up arrow just like GTA V (or use inventory if you don't want it binded) and to hide it using the down arrow. [custom bind /showphone /hidephone]

3 hours ago, Strickland said:

as much as the deveis idea is cool, i am unsure whether it is possible. let's not forget that this is V and not MTA, the second had a lot of scripting possibilities which the V lacks in general

Don't MTA and RageMP both have CEF?

1 hour ago, WonderPlukkie said:

Don't MTA and RageMP both have CEF?

Every UI that's being used in V as far as I am aware CEF.

Yes for this.

On 9/9/2019 at 8:11 AM, Strickland said:

Just to be clear for others reading this thread, this is not the case. RageMP's scripting functionality is vast and doing a phone equal to what we had on MTA and better is certainly possible. Everything like that though takes time, lots and lots of time.