[Vehicles] - Despawning cars with /park and then spawning them back when used

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Despawning cars with /park and then spawning them back when used

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
Vehicles

What is the suggestion?-
As the title said, parking the vehicle would despawn it and you could spawn it back if you want to use it.

What are the advantages?-
Optimizes the server overhaul since there's alot of cars in a very tiny area

What are the disadvantages?-

Blocking robbers RP?

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
No

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
:shrug:

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Immaculate said:

Problem with that is people roleplay around cars even if you're offline, if someone can just hide their car with literally 0 access to anyone else this blocks a lot of roleplay opportunities. 

True, but that would be benefiting for the server as it would optimize the small areas more

I automatically agree with this since it's used on many servers, yes it blocks a lot of roleplay opportunites for sure but it ensures that there is no problem with vehicles, that's how I see it. We should get the concept that this is not MTA anymore, this kind of script isn't used in any roleplay server anymore and it's just there to protect Owl's pride as an 'unique' project that does not go after any other model and I get it, but if that means ruining the vehicle experience entirely that's a no for me, so until there is a solution to vehicle streaming this is a good suggestion to keep in mind in my opinion. 

Edited by Music

Absolutely not. I'm pretty sure almost everyone would use this and there'd be no room for any vehicle thefts/break-ins. If you want to protect your car, especially somewhere where it doesn't heavily cause bad performance, just park it in an interior. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Shaderz said:

Absolutely not. I'm pretty sure almost everyone would use this and there'd be no room for any vehicle thefts/break-ins. If you want to protect your car, especially somewhere where it doesn't heavily cause bad performance, just park it in an interior. 

This.

Limits roleplay, there are other servers on RAGE that use this feature, and i always hated it. Big no. The scripts that were added by Daniels/Chaos have improved the server immensely, only issue is players keep logging off at paleto instead of driving to their homes. 

Don't agree. Makes sense that cars are present in the world as long as the player is logged on.

I would agree however if the cars despawned once the player logs off, as well as respawn on it's /park location once the player logs on. (as in MTA if I remember correctly).

12 hours ago, Ru13z said:

Don't agree. Makes sense that cars are present in the world as long as the player is logged on.

I would agree however if the cars despawned once the player logs off, as well as respawn on it's /park location once the player logs on. (as in MTA if I remember correctly).

It wasn’t like that but this one is good for the moment also.

19 hours ago, Ru13z said:

possibly on a timer, maybe one hour from logging out? and if someone uses it, the timer resets/admin can give "usage rights" if stolen? just so theres vehicles in the world to do vehicle related RP, and you could see said timer

Absolutely not.

Daniels/Chaos have already improved this to the point where it's not bad at all. Plus, it defeats immersion to have vehicles randomly despawn.

Edited by Bunny

Declined. I think one of our selling features is the realism aspect of cars actually being where they would be realistically.

• Like 1