[General] - Tattoo parlor and barber

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Adding a tattoo parlor and a barber 

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
General

What is the suggestion?-
Paleto Bay currently has no tattoo parlor nor a barber shop. Therefore, I'd like to have them added to be able to get some tattoos and change current hairstyles.
Due to a bug, a lot of female characters and myself spawned with a green lipstick which would help us to change the lipstick's color till the bug can be fixed. 

What are the advantages?-
Getting rid of the green lipstick, getting tattoos, being able to change current hairstyles/facial hair/make-up/.. 

What are the disadvantages?-

There might be people willing to RP as barbers or tattooists maybe.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
No.

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
Since there are already walkable buildings for both shops, we'd just need NPCs.

• Like 3

This is really needed as some people love to customize their characters and it is a big plus on GTA V unlike other games. I'd also add a makeup option among a few other things. 

Yes but it should be ran by actual players and not NPC's.

Edited by Shaderz
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Shaderz said:

• Like 1

Much rather this was ran by players makes it a lot more immersive.

29 minutes ago, Shaderz said:

As much as I agree, how would this be perfomed? Customizing your character requires you to go to the customization screen and the player roleplaying the tattoo artist/hairdresser wouldn't be able to change your character for you.

It would ultimately require the assistance, if not rely upon an NPC to allow you to actually customize the model. The only reason I've mentioned this is due to our current clothes store NPC if you've spoken to him(if you have made a custom character), it sets you back to edit your guy. If there is a work around, all for players doing it.

I like it :) x

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zac said:

As much as I agree, how would this be perfomed? Customizing your character requires you to go to the customization screen and the player roleplaying the tattoo artist/hairdresser wouldn't be able to change your character for you.

It would ultimately require the assistance, if not rely upon an NPC to allow you to actually customize the model. The only reason I've mentioned this is due to our current clothes store NPC if you've spoken to him(if you have made a custom character), it sets you back to edit your guy. If there is a work around, all for players doing it.

Perhaps you can make it like the mechanic job on MTA and only a very few select people have access to the "tattoo artist" job which gives them permission to customize someone else's character? Same for hairdressers.

Edited by Shaderz
  • Salty 1

9 minutes ago, Shaderz said:

Perhaps you can make it like the mechanic job on MTA and only a very few select people have access to the "tattoo artist" job which gives them permission to customize someone else's character? Same for hairdressers.

The issue with that is that we stop players roleplaying whatever whenever, players should be able to roleplay what they want(excluding our extreme RP rules etc). This is something we have had brought to us on several occasions stating it was a bad thing, people having to apply and request to do certain things in the server. We don't want players to jump through hurdles to pursue something. I just don't think it'll be possible with actual players as it requires you to view the customize character screen.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, zac said:

I guess only work around is for someone to have the npc in their store and if the person who wants the tattoo would like it roleplayed they do the rp first then speak to the npc to get the tattoo.

Guess this way hit two birds with one stone as players can skip roleplay if they want or partake in passive roleplay.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, zac said:

The issue with that is that we stop players roleplaying whatever whenever, players should be able to roleplay what they want(excluding our extreme RP rules etc). This is something we have had brought to us on several occasions stating it was a bad thing, people having to apply and request to do certain things in the server. We don't want players to jump through hurdles to pursue something. I just don't think it'll be possible with actual players as it requires you to view the customize character screen.

No one is stopping them from roleplaying whatever they want though. All they have to do is report and an admin shall give it to them as long as they follow all requirements (i.e. make sure the player owns a tatto parlor/hairdresser, etc.). And that takes a minute, if not less, for an admin to check, and ensures the job isn't given out for no reason. The way that players had to obtain the mechanic job on MTA worked, so I don't see a reason not to expand it to other jobs.

Just now, Shaderz said:

No one is stopping them from roleplaying whatever they want though. All they have to do is report and an admin shall give it to them as long as they follow all requirements (i.e. make sure the player owns a tatto parlor/hairdresser, etc.). And that takes a minute, if not less, for an admin to check, and ensures the job isn't given out for no reason. The way that players had to obtain the mechanic job on MTA worked, so I don't see a reason not to expand it to other jobs.

I'm not sure if you're aware but from an adminstrative perspect that becomes tiresome in itself for both players and admin, have full reigns whenever is all I'm saying. How many players previously complained about having to wait for a report to be answered whilst it stalled their RP? Keep the RP fluid homie.