Restrepo

[Faction] - SD improvements.

Agree with all apart from a few things.

Being able to forcefully move someone. If they start to Powergame during an arrest, simply report them.

Vehicle mods, not required. The default vehicles have the correct livery’s and look fine as is. 

We should put getting an actual Sheriffs uniform as top priority that supports of the MP character rather than looking like a bunch of teenagers in a paintball match.  

The most basics of duties can be performed as of right now which is fine enough in Beta stage. You can already frisk and confiscate items @Restrepo.

Edited by Lewis
  • Like 4

Custom PD cruisers would be so much nicer. Currently we're having to make do with LSPD cruisers which is ugly.

Other suggestions are nice. Makes the job in PD a lot nicer. Especially priors etc, pretty essential when conducting regular duties.

Just now, Lewis said:

Vehicle mods, not required. The default vehicles have the correct livery’s and look fine as is. 

Not true. Many of the cruisers are using the LSPD livery.

1 minute ago, Mogs said:

Custom PD cruisers would be so much nicer. Currently we're having to make do with LSPD cruisers which is ugly.

Other suggestions are nice. Makes the job in PD a lot nicer. Especially priors etc, pretty essential when conducting regular duties.

Not true. Many of the cruisers are using the LSPD livery.

That’s because they are LSPD vehicles. When the base game already has Sheriff vehicles. Unsure as to why they’re in the fleet as is. 

Just now, Lewis said:

Being able to forcefully move someone. If they start to Powergame during an arrest, simply report them.

We should put getting an actual Sheriffs uniform as top priority that supports of the MP character rather than looking like a bunch of teenagers in a paintball match.  

Yeah that's what I thought as well being forcefully able to move someone but I just want it mostly for the animation. I don't think it would be an issue as long only PD have access to it and making sure it is roleplayed before moving someone. I'd like to have vehicle mods in the near future not now but I guess that is a personal preference. The skins are actually a really good suggestions I'll add that on the list, also if you're able to customize them with hats/gloves/etc. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Restrepo said:

Yeah that's what I thought as well being forcefully able to move someone but I just want it mostly for the animation. I don't think it would be an issue as long only PD have access to it and making sure it is roleplayed before moving someone. I'd like to have vehicle mods in the near future not now but I guess that is a personal preference. The skins are actually a really good suggestions I'll add that on the list, also if you're able to customize them with hats/gloves/etc. 

I think long term there will be a similar system like how the clothing store is currently setup to where we would have the base Sheriff MP skin which would need to be a base mod if possible and the ability to add all the extra accessories and goodies onto it with a menu. Would be cool but extremely doubtful you can add props onto a modded skin. I’m also yet to find one that supports the MP face, we were only able to use the LSPD one due to the MP Heist mission. Unsure how it will work but hopefully there is a way.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Lewis said:

That’s because they are LSPD vehicles. When the base game already has Sheriff vehicles. Unsure as to why they’re in the fleet as is. 

Because there's no variation in SD vehicles.

+1 on everything.

As it is right now, I see a lot of room for improvement. Like for a Beta apart from the stability issues which are mainly resolved right now, it's fucking great. I would like the server to see better stability and fix many of the bugs it currently has and then add all those features mentioned. 

3 hours ago, Lewis said:

The most basics of duties can be performed as of right now which is fine enough in Beta stage. You can already frisk and confiscate items @Restrepo.

Fully agree,

• Like 1

This is an example of how not to make a script suggestion. Keep to 1 thing, otherwise this suggestion itself can never be accepted and actually done in any reasonable time.

Leaving it here for discussion, but won't be moved around.

5 hours ago, Lewis said:

We can adjust the side textures without changing the model as well. Which saves us a lot on perf/download. The SD cruisers have an adjusted texture for the county already.

I'm pretty much always going to be against vehicle mods. They are too polarizing for the playerbase, especially when we already have enough options. Vanilla like MTA was, except to add improvements to existing poly's was and still is the best way to go imo. For example we've seen a few mods that add strobes to sports cars which could be used for HSIU. I wouldn't be as opposed to smaller mods that modify existing V vehicles.

• Like 4

Vehicle mods are largely unnecessary except in specific cases where there is no other choice such as an HSIU unit with lights as Chaos already mentioned, or a more modern towtruck for important functions like towing and traffic enforcement for the government. Low downloads are great but it's still a download. Siren mods are entirely unnecessary. I don't need to exactly explain myself there...

A bug with the LIDAR is not a script suggestion but we'd appreciate it if you made a bug report on bugs.owlgaming.net. There are also Mobile Data Terminal (MDT) improvements planned, but it's all about time management. We are aware of how to expand the functionality substantially.

There is no need to create hard-coded lighting keybinds and waste keys that others use for things like the radio with "Q" and "E" just for police to adjust their own sirens. You can already do this by using our keybinding interface in game and binding /togsirens to any key you want and then going into the GTA keybind settings and disabling "Q" from the radio so that they do not conflict.

You can search someone by right clicking them and frisking once cuffed.

Edited by ThatGuy
  • Like 1