JameZ

[General] - Revamp Findbook for V

If the faceclaims stay away from Findbook this could be a cool concept. But if it escalates so badly like in MTA that people faceclaim Instagram or Tumblr models  then that's a whole different story in my personal opinion though.

1 minute ago, NoFlexZone said:

If the faceclaims stay away from Findbook this could be a cool concept. But if it escalates so badly like in MTA that people faceclaim Instagram or Tumblr models  then that's a whole different story in my personal opinion though.

Actual in-game character faceclaims of course, it opens up a new type of roleplay as well.

• Like 2

Please make using other people's insta and tumblr photos without consent punishable by death.
Oh and yeah social media would be awesome. Rename it to life-invader while you're at it, since we're using names out of the GTA V universe for cars and stuff as well.

Edited by croozerdog

sm9s9LW.jpg
I'm down for Findbook V
Maybe also call it something that doesn't sound like a website middle aged people use to find sexually repressed partners as well. 

I like having in game social media. I also 100% agree it should be done with in game faces and not real-life photos. Meenyo can do some pretty neat stuff or editing programs if you wanna get that fancy. This is what I used on another server's platform and I think it looks pretty nice (done with a ig screen and some editing). KMKvT9c.jpg

13 hours ago, Lewis said:

Is this the official OwlGaming one? I'm not going through another Owlgaming vs Linkbook war. 

I absolutely agree with you Lewis, we don’t need a repeat of 2015 or whenever that was. I would like to think I’m more stable in the head than to try to cause a war out of really nothing, (also if you think I would do Chaos like that...) Personally, I want a place for people to actively be able to communicate (until texting comes to play anyhow), and also my goal for the future is to have the marketplace active. I’ve talked about it with a couple of people – it could be a perfect hub for legal and illegal players alike. In-character, privacy is the stamp of the operation just like irl with companies today, so it’s not like your private activity is being shared with unknown parties. Not that you could put a picture up of cocaine and expect to sell it, but you could certainly put a picture of something inconspicuous and word your product just right to sell it illegally. I’m not that creative though.

To comply with everything, any/all rules apply just like they would here if you started sexually harassing someone or pretending to be a pedo.

Edited by Chasee
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, Chasee said:

I absolutely agree with you Lewis, we don’t need a repeat of 2015 or whenever that was. I would like to think I’m more stable in the head than to try to cause a war out of really nothing, (also if you think I would do Chaos like that...) Personally, I want a place for people to actively be able to communicate (until texting comes to play anyhow), and also my goal for the future is to have the marketplace active. I’ve talked about it with a couple of people – it could be a perfect hub for legal and illegal players alike. In-character, privacy is the stamp of the operation just like irl with companies today, so it’s not like your private activity is being shared with unknown parties. Not that you could put a picture up of cocaine and expect to sell it, but you could certainly put a picture of something inconspicuous and word your product just right to sell it illegally. I’m not that creative though.

To comply with everything, any/all rules apply just like they would here if you started sexually harassing someone or pretending to be a pedo.

It could indeed be a fantastic place for the marketplace to base its main source rather than the current forums and has worked well for many other servers. With all due respect, I’ve seen what has happened before when the social media was outsourced by someone else, no matter who was in the right or wrong it caused problems and they reflected badly on us as a community. I’ll await the official announcement from UAT or Chaos themselves if this is an official OwlGaming product before touching it as I believe we should be keeping all things like this in-house and under the ownership of the owners. 

• Like 1

Accepted. This will be something that will hopefully appear in-game and will be available within our Windows 98 computer currently on the UCP.