Lewis

[General] - Mask_1236969

Would you like to see this implemented?   

21 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this implemented?

• Yes
    • No

Yeah sure, as long as it's not like on MTA where you're still able to see their actual ID and just do /id id and figure out who it is. Should only be able to be identified by  the admins if necessary.

• Like 4

Just now, Tidemo said:

Yeah sure, as long as it's not like on MTA where you're still able to see their actual ID and just do /id id and figure out who it is. Should only be able to be identified by  the admins if necessary.

This ^

• Like 1

So how exactly we would punish players if something happened? It sounds like some jail free card here... If not even ID would be shown on the player.

1 minute ago, Effect said:

So how exactly we would punish players if something happened? It sounds like some jail free card here... If not even ID would be shown on the player.

What are the disadvantages?-

Potential usage for breaking server rules. However the ID of the MASK is at the time logged and admins could back check that to find out the identity of the individual.

@TheNeonGuy

Edited by Lewis

Just now, Effect said:

^

This exists on LSRP, reporting those players is the hardest thing to do.

Just now, TheNeonGuy said:

^

You report the MASK ID just like you would report someones name, easy.

• Like 1

Just now, TheNeonGuy said:

^

We can simply check logs and we will be able to identify them tho, all players have to do is to bring Logs in this scenario.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tidemo said:

The only thing that would show your FULL name would be when you talk in OOC chat which you're not required to do when roleplaying unless speaking to an admin.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lewis said:

The only thing that would show your FULL name would be when you talk in OOC chat which you're not required to do when roleplaying unless speaking to an admin.

It's risky waters we are trendin' here. I mean I completely understand and whole heartily agree with this suggestion, it would give an immersion and such... But at the other hand, I do see a huge potential of an abuse (specially if we are going to take an ability to even see their id's and let's face it... Not two or three players will be wearing masks by the time some fella abuses the shit out of the server and it would be very hard to exactly pinpoint the exact player of wrong doings).

4 minutes ago, Effect said:

It's risky waters we are trendin' here. I mean I completely understand and whole heartily agree with this suggestion, it would give an immersion and such... But at the other hand, I do see a huge potential of an abuse (specially if we are going to take an ability to even see their id's and let's face it... Not two or three players will be wearing masks by the time some fella abuses the shit out of the server and it would be very hard to exactly pinpoint the exact player of wrong doings).

Right. I'll explain this in the most simple way I could. 

Mask_69691 says: Give me all of your money.

Mask_69692 says: Yeah, give him all of your money.

Mask_69693 says: YEAH, give him ALL of your money!

Now we have three masked people robbing a dude. 

*Mask_69691 kicks the male in the head automatically killing him.*

*Mask_69692 rushes the dead male, running his pockets for money and items.*

*Mask_69693* looks around the area for anyone that could potential spot them.*

Now, there is a case of POWERGAME here. 

The victim in all of this does the follow - 

/report Just been robbed and I suspect someone powergamed. Their name is Mask_69691. Thank you.

The admin accepts the report, you post the logs of the situation. They back-trace the mask ID to the ACTUAL NAME of the person to give out the punishment.

Edited by Lewis
  • Like 2

Just now, Lewis said:

/report Just been robbed and I suspect someone powergamed. Their name is Mask_69691. Thank you.

Alright, it kinda makes sense now ( I wanted to give an example about some guy just speeding through Paleto bay and smashing cars to smithereens but eh... Even without a mask it's hard to track down trolls like these)

Could it work for glasses too though? Using some certain premade chars does not give an ability to get a mask xD

4 minutes ago, Lewis said:

The admin accepts the report, you post the logs of the situation. They back-trace the mask ID to the ACTUAL NAME of the person to give out the punishment.

you shouldnt even have to explain yourself, if they didnt get it the first time they are level 3 retards.

Just now, Effect said:

Alright, it kinda makes sense now ( I wanted to give an example about some guy just speeding through Paleto bay and smashing cars to smithereens but eh... Even without a mask it's hard to track down trolls like these)

Could it work for glasses too though? Using some certain premade chars does not give an ability to get a mask xD

I'm assumed to believe they only work over GTA V multiplayer characters (Custom characters)

In regards to your earlier comment about the vehicle, it would work the same. You would need the persons FULL NAME or a partial name to report them to an admin for vehicle deathmatch. In most cases of that, it would be from a video recording because you would need to show evidence of them deathmatching in the first place. So long as you have a name or their Mask ID. They can be punished. 

It's simply a feature to hide your IC identity. Not your OOC one.

Just looking at your example, it says mask_34324234234234. I have not read it completely, so if this was answered my bad.

Wouldn't it be better to have the chat just say like: 'an unknown person says:' and then have the mask ID drawn above their head? I don't like the ID all the time in the chat so just thinking of some other ways to have it properly done.

I like the idea though, I liked it back in MTA aswell. +1

4 minutes ago, Yannick said:

Just looking at your example, it says mask_34324234234234. I have not read it completely, so if this was answered my bad.

Wouldn't it be better to have the chat just say like: 'an unknown person says:' and then have the mask ID drawn above their head? I don't like the ID all the time in the chat so just thinking of some other ways to have it properly done.

I like the idea though, I liked it back in MTA aswell. +1

I think you would need the mask ID (Mask_123456) in the chat for both log purposes and the fact that if you have multiple masked people saying or doing things in chat you would not know which one it is if they all say "Unknown Person".

Edited by Seaward
  • Like 1

Just now, Seaward said:

I think you would need the mask ID (Mask_123456) in the chat for both log purposes and if you have multiple masked people saying or doing things you would not know which one it is if they all say "Unknown Person".

Mhm, true. I'm mainly thinking design wise if this could be done a bit better without having to take all these extra steps as an admin. As with this they'll have to switch tabs, log search and then do what they got to do. Worst thing is that if the mask ID's are not unique per character that you'll get people after some time with the same mask ID's (If it's randomly generated of course). I don't think an admin wants to take all these steps, considering the amount of reports they get on a daily basis.

3 minutes ago, Yannick said:

Mhm, true. I'm mainly thinking design wise if this could be done a bit better without having to take all these extra steps as an admin. As with this they'll have to switch tabs, log search and then do what they got to do. Worst thing is that if the mask ID's are not unique per character that you'll get people after some time with the same mask ID's (If it's randomly generated of course). I don't think an admin wants to take all these steps, considering the amount of reports they get on a daily basis.

Same process an admin would need to do by inputting somebodies name into the log search system than their Mask_ID. There is no additional steps or searches. Also the Mask_ID is just a masked identity. The admin could easily do /check Mask_17758 for example to reveal their /check panel like we had in MTA. 

Edited by Lewis
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tidemo said:

This, This, this.

• Like 1