Lewis

[General] - Removal or ability to toggle overhead icons.

Would you like to see this implemented?   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this implemented?

• Yes
    • No

Agreed, I think a toggle would work bast for LEO factions since it would actually allow for undercover operations - something that isn't particularly possible currently since its just reliant on trusting that others won't MG when really it'd be best to disguise it just too ensure that there aren't any altered interactions because it's a give away that you're clearly trying to do a sting operation (especially with Detectives or FTF). Of course some would argue that LEOs should just purchase the weapons etc off duty, but that isn't particularly operationally practical over a long time period.

This feature would make it much nicer in terms of immersion where, just like the MTA badges, you could RP applying it or removing it from your pocket to prove your identity when not on standard patrol operations, and, well, its often pretty obvious when people are on patrol anyway though I believe it is something thats best to keep toggle-able.

Edit: Sorta mixed on the health one, would allow us as EMS to distinguish who would visibly be hurt, and allow admins to see if people weren't RPing injuries properly or not with greater ease.

Edited by Urshankov
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Urshankov said:

Edit: Sorta mixed on the health one, would allow us as EMS to distinguish who would visibly be hurt, and allow admins to see if people weren't RPing injuries properly or not with greater ease.

Roleplaying server. I myself would always update the new person to the scene on what they would see and what would be happening either through a direct PM if it's been said a few times or via a /do. If they refuse to disclose this information to you that they're injured then it's pretty stupid of them. I'd like to think Owl would eventually follow suit with many other places and implement a /damage system to show where someone had been shot and have them roleplay accordingly. Also works magic for EMT's because if someone was dead on the ground, they could get updated on the scene by someone, use /damage and get to work immediately without waiting on other people. It's a simple system that shows you what's right infront of your eyes without someone having to tell you.

Edited by Lewis
  • Like 2

Just now, Lewis said:

Roleplaying server. I myself would always update the new person to the scene on what they would see and what would be happening either through a direct PM if it's been said a few times or via a /do. If they refuse to disclose this information to you that they're injured then it's pretty stupid of them. I'd like to think Owl would eventually follow suit with many other places and implement a /damage system to show where someone had been shot and have them roleplay accordingly.

Good point, we've all encountered situations where we incur injuries for no good reason or just bug and take damage. I agree, a system where we could tell where damage was etc would be a great feature down the line and obviously those who don't RP properly will be punished accordingly so what I raised was sorta a non-issue.

• Like 1

I fully agree with this. GTA 5 has so much to offer which makes it completly unnecessary to have symbols above your head apart from your name obviously. I wouldn't mind though if a similar health icon was implemented like on MTA where it appeared as a bleeding icon when you're really low HP.

• Like 2

I absolutely agree with those icons being removed completely (I would not want a toggle, personally). All they do is clutter the screen and give information for people to MG. All we need are nametags overhead and nothing else in my opinion. 

• Like 1

+1,

Might be nice to have a poll to the suggestions so it's easy to see how more think about this :)

Yes. Please remove the unnecessary icons.

It doesn't help that the server doesn't have a tutorial on what the icons are. I don't mean a forum guide, I mean an integrated tutorial script that would show them to you and explain what they are. Call me stupid, but I have yet to know what the crown icon is actually for - I have my guess but again, no explanation.

On 9/13/2019 at 9:08 PM, Chasee said:

but I have yet to know what the crown icon is actually for

Indicates admins. 

But yeah, I agree with the suggestion!

@Yannick Is this easy to implement? (Presume so but I'm not a scripter),  would be handy for not only screenshots but also to prevent MG as stated above. Especially for LEO people.

55 minutes ago, Vubstersmurf said:

@Yannick Is this easy to implement? (Presume so but I'm not a scripter),  would be handy for not only screenshots but also to prevent MG as stated above. Especially for LEO people.

It is fairly easy to do yea, but we need it properly worked out on how we want it done. Should it be a complete removal, should it be settable or whatever.

2 minutes ago, Yannick said:

It is fairly easy to do yea, but we need it properly worked out on how we want it done. Should it be a complete removal, should it be settable or whatever.

Perhaps settable? So a button to tog the entire hud for screenshots and then toggle badges for the icons for emergency services.

Just another quality of life addition that I... am going to support. Can't exactly stand a sight of pretty well taken screenshot to be all tarnished with those crowns :c plus, valid arguments about LEO so if that's gonna be easy to script I am all down for it. 

3 hours ago, Vubstersmurf said:

Perhaps settable? So a button to tog the entire hud for screenshots and then toggle badges for the icons for emergency services.

I'll look into it if Daniels is not quicker. It'll be next week though, as I got uni stuff.

Then again if you have ever seen someone wearing a vest under their clothes, I can tell you that it's quite visible, so maybe being able to tog a few of them, a few not?

1 hour ago, Arson said:

Then again if you have ever seen someone wearing a vest under their clothes, I can tell you that it's quite visible, so maybe being able to tog a few of them, a few not?

I think stuff like heavier vests should be visible but currently any LEO who's on duty even as a detective has a badge icon. That being said even if you yourself can toggle the hud off would be great for screenshots.

Agreed here. NGL I've never even seen such a thing on any GTAV servers til coming here. I guess I can see why its- actually no, I cannot' see why it's a thing.

15 minutes ago, ShadowSix said:

Agreed here. NGL I've never even seen such a thing on any GTAV servers til coming here. I guess I can see why its- actually no, I cannot' see why it's a thing.

Clean screenshots has been implemented 

Press the "-" key to toggle the HUD

Press the "F7" key to toggle the chat 

Yeah, I saw that in a previous update/announcement. Good stuff :)