Jump to content
hook

OwlV/MTA

MTA/OwlV  

85 members have voted

  1. 1. Now that V is launched, i wanna know what do yall think, what's better for you? and please let a comment about negative and positive points on both (no hate lmao)



Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, KaiserWilhelm said:

It's pretty sad to see the MTA server with zero players (as it stands right now, at the time of me making this post). Server peaked daily around 160-180 a couple years ago and now it's pretty much out of action.

It is, but unfortunately that has occured. MTA servers as a whole in terms of English speaking roleplay servers, they've declined massively. Launch up MTA and search RP and there will be very little to none active English RP servers. It's sadly one of those things, look at when GTA:IV MP came out MTA:SA/SA:MP players took a hit and MTA has. It's still up and running though, all it needs is a group of people to join and players naturally flow. It was a given our existing player base on MTA will be testing out our new V server so that may be the reason with zero players.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I’ve been for the past couple or months or so been playing on gtaw, another ragemp text roleplay server, the first one to ever launch on gta V btw and a server that’s great in its own ways and bad in its own ways as well I can say owlV is unstable but very good for a 0.1 beta, give it a month and it all should be as good as you can be with it

2 hours ago, ThomasJT said:

OwlV has better server stability than GTA:W 😎

 

The only shit that is annoying me at the moment is the random crashing.

I relates and I approves lmao.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KaiserWilhelm said:

It's pretty sad to see the MTA server with zero players (as it stands right now, at the time of me making this post). Server peaked daily around 160-180 a couple years ago and now it's pretty much out of action.

True but were you expecting something else? As sad as it sounds, the gold MTA days are gone. The MTA community in general is slowly dying. People moved on and V is rising. It's no surprise to see the state that things are currently in. But it's not necessarily a bad thing if we can manage to make Owl V as good as it once was on MTA. Maybe with time, hopefully.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Shaderz said:

True but were you expecting something else? As sad as it sounds, the gold MTA days are gone. The MTA community in general is slowly dying. People moved on and V is rising. It's no surprise to see the state that things are currently in. But it's not necessarily a bad thing if we can manage to make Owl V as good as it once was on MTA. Maybe with time, hopefully.

No, not at all. I personally don't believe that the MTA server will be able to sustain itself to the end of the year (and that's generous) before having to be shut down. It was a good run, but technology has moved on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like we put the server crashes behind us (knock on wood), we haven't had a crash since update 6.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, KaiserWilhelm said:

It's pretty sad to see the MTA server with zero players (as it stands right now, at the time of me making this post). Server peaked daily around 160-180 a couple years ago and now it's pretty much out of action.

R.I.P.

 

MTA RP lasted for like 8 years or so. It was a good, long run, but we gotta move on, and V is looking hot.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chaos said:

Looks like we put the server crashes behind us (knock on wood), we haven't had a crash since update 6.

I love OwlV, and will love it even more with time as it grows. (I know what you guys are capable off, keep working hard!! )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll never forget MTA Owl: great experiences and helped me thru a lot in my personal life oddly enough. I can't wait to really sink my teeth/adjust to everything OwlV will have to offer. Just have to get used to the driving haha

 

PLUS, my computer, which now runs MTA Owl like a breeze, kinda struggles to run this game...so it's reminding me of 2015, when I first started Owl with my laggy and overstuffed mess of a PC lol...good times.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2019 at 5:41 PM, croozerdog said:

Owl V is quite shitty at this moment, however, for a 0.1 version beta it's awesome. They're pooping out updates at an awesome rate.
Give it a month or two and Owl V will be way more stable and will have way more features, it's an open beta after all.

That's a double negative.

It can't be shit right now if it's in beta and the beta itself is awesome.

 

I do agree with the rest though, with time, I see this becoming something truly marvelous. It just needs our community-wide commitment and hope to push it through the restrictive nature it's in now.

 

---

 

I'd also like to vote for V. It is superior in what it offers as a platform for us roleplayers. This community will see itself improving through this change, and soon we shall see a lot of growth.

 

I just want to throw my appreciations out to @Chaos and the rest of the team for making this happen, making it possible and keeping the train going from Maxime's departure, to get to this point and even further into the future.

 

Let's keep it going lads!

Edited by Wynters
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was away for a long time from RP in general and ever since the beta launched I've been addicted again, like it is 2014-2015 times all over. It is just that immersive feeling and the new environment. 

 

The server is slowly getting put on its toes regarding bugs and glitches and those who deserve recognition for their hard work can and will be blessed.

 

The playerbase will grow once the server is out of beta and that is a guarantee, I see bright times ahead for the server. We just have to ride out the rough terrain at first together. 

 

Owl V all the way.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Strickland said:

I was away for a long time from RP in general and ever since the beta launched I've been addicted again, like it is 2014-2015 times all over. It is just that immersive feeling and the new environment. 

 

The server is slowly getting put on its toes regarding bugs and glitches and those who deserve recognition for their hard work can and will be blessed.

 

The playerbase will grow once the server is out of beta and that is a guarantee, I see bright times ahead for the server. We just have to ride out the rough terrain at first together. 

 

Owl V all the way.

rZ81U3s.png

 

My state banned vapes. So, this is what I have to do. OwlV is the future. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Chasee said:

rZ81U3s.png

 

My state banned vapes. So, this is what I have to do. OwlV is the future. :)

Shisha brother, shisha ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chasee said:

rZ81U3s.png

 

My state banned vapes. So, this is what I have to do. OwlV is the future. :)

You can turn your kettle into a vape if you really wanted to. ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and follow our Guidelines.