hook

OwlV/MTA

MTA/OwlV  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Now that V is launched, i wanna know what do yall think, what's better for you? and please let a comment about negative and positive points on both (no hate lmao)

13 minutes ago, fartacus said:

Only thing that is bothering me is there's no way on making some money at the moment because everyone is hoarding every job vehicle and that my bicycle keeps disappearing when I enter an interior and exit it.

u dont make any money from script jobs anyway lol i did a test and i did 9 runs and i earned 146 dollars ( i get 16ish bucks compared to the 7 newbies get) and my fuel cost after being done was 115 : )

Owl V is quite shitty at this moment, however, for a 0.1 version beta it's awesome. They're pooping out updates at an awesome rate.
Give it a month or two and Owl V will be way more stable and will have way more features, it's an open beta after all.

Edited by croozerdog

I would give OwlV for sometime to develop, and once it's in a state where it's good to play I would of course play on OwlV. Right now OwlV is unplayable, and it's more of a public beta testing than actual roleplay due to the amount of bugs.

RageMP itself isn't stable. The server can only be as stable as the platform its built for. So you will get crashes, and there will be bugs, but this sort of stuff hopefully will get ironed out.

I think adjusting from MTA to V is difficult, because there's a lot less features. It'll probably take time for everyone to get used to it, but I've had a few niche RPs w/o any scripts and I much prefer it to MTA as it is a lot more immersive.

Hopefully the crashing etc will be fixed soon and the client a lot more stable.

15 minutes ago, Mogs said:

I think adjusting from MTA to V is difficult, because there's a lot less features. It'll probably take time for everyone to get used to it, but I've had a few niche RPs w/o any scripts and I much prefer it to MTA as it is a lot more immersive.

Hopefully the crashing etc will be fixed soon and the client a lot more stable.

I would add, too, that people who either haven't been playing MTA or are used to playing GTA V (such as people just joining the server for the first time because they see it in the list on Rage), will ultimately not notice lacking features. I think with the lack of fancy features, there's a bit more immersion, like you said.

1 hour ago, BusterAces said:

u dont make any money from script jobs anyway lol i did a test and i did 9 runs and i earned 146 dollars ( i get 16ish bucks compared to the 7 newbies get) and my fuel cost after being done was 115 : )

Cheers, their doubled in the next update

2 minutes ago, Urshankov said:

Certainly - I think it's important to note the amount of effort that's been put into it over the past couple of days/weeks with folks working their butts off, both in replicating and fixing bugs asap (great job @Daniels & @Chaos). People who didn't see the prior versions of it when the beta was still closed and in early testing won't realise the drastic steps its taken in a handful of days, let alone a week in terms of both functionality and immersion.

Stuff is constantly being implemented (see hotfixes) and honestly it just needs time to stabilise. Whilst the launch may have seemed manic and the occasional relaunch being 'annoying', it was great as it allowed features to be stress tested when the playerbase was 10-20x more than what it was when we had it still private. I know I'd much rather sit through a couple of reboots than allow potentially gamebreaking and immersion destroying bugs to stay.

Thanks mate,

We've driving the number of crashes way down the past day and should be even more stable by the end of today as well. The auto login/reconnecting is something we wanted as well so you can just pickup where you left off quickly if the server went down.

It is a beta, we're adding features. But we feel that what we have right now is enough to do some roleplay in. This is about the state of vG was when it launched and see how far it has come after 7 years of development with Owl MTA. Imagine what OwlV will be like as we keep developing features :)

It's pretty sad to see the MTA server with zero players (as it stands right now, at the time of me making this post). Server peaked daily around 160-180 a couple years ago and now it's pretty much out of action.

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Thanks mate,

We've driving the number of crashes way down the past day and should be even more stable by the end of today as well. The auto login/reconnecting is something we wanted as well so you can just pickup where you left off quickly if the server went down.

It is a beta, we're adding features. But we feel that what we have right now is enough to do some roleplay in. This is about the state of vG was when it launched and see how far it has come after 7 years of development with Owl MTA. Imagine what OwlV will be like as we keep developing features :)

Oh shit, you remember nightly builds? Constant crashes? Desync out of this world? :D

Personally, what Daniels and Chaos is doing is phenomenal (heck, not even some AAA game studios roll out hotfixes at this rate like these two) sure, server might have a few bugs or might be unstable but I feel it's still good enough for all of us to enjoy, just give it time, be patient and put some goddamn work into this server as a player and roleplayer. As of now it's been just 24-25 hours SINCE THE RELEASE OF THIS SERVER. Don't expect bug free, crash less and perfect sync from very straight beginning guys :D

Ok. 110% V is better. If you have ever tried playing any other roleplay servers on RageMP, you'd know what a blessing OwlV is (even at its Beta stage). It's a thousand times better than other roleplay servers. It's not only the quality of the roleplay that this community has to offer but the scripts as well. We have to recognize the fact that these scripts have been worked from the ground up. There existed no such scripts before (on rage), @Chaos & @Daniels wrote everything from ground up and hence what we have now as the beta - is actually real great work from their sides. Also, things are getting stable with time. It's been what, 24 hours? It's not their official version, It's a beta, it's meant to be buggy, it's meant to lack features. They will get added with time. And keeping in mind the time it took Daniels and Chaos to fix a lot of bugs after release, I'd say that OwlV is going to be really great, really soon!

OwlV has better server stability than GTA:W 😎

The only shit that is annoying me at the moment is the random crashing.

Edited by ThomasJT

2 hours ago, Norm said:

Modern Warfare 4 or Black OPS 2?

Answer is MTA, old but gold.

Too bad MTA  roleplay is dead itself, it was a good run

26 minutes ago, ThomasJT said:

OwlV has better server stability than GTA:W 😎

The only shit that is annoying me at the moment is the random crashing.

There's a few admin commands which don't function properly. Believe this is being worked on as we speak and will likely be fixed very soon so the random crashing is a temporary thing fortunately.

26 minutes ago, eoozy said:

Too bad MTA  roleplay is dead itself, it was a good run

I absolutely agree but I still believe MTA will be back sooner than expected. I remember back in 2015 or 2014 owl had the same issue and the playerbase fixed itself naturally. However, I don't personally have any intentions to play GTA5 at the moment, last time all I saw was flying cars and annoying truck sounds everywhere. Let's just hope MTA will be what it was before.

Edited by Norm

The server has annoying bugs and crashes but it's still just the second day, and it's in a beta. I've still had good roleplay anyway, it's probably gonna be even better

when they get the bugs and crashes sorted out + new features.

2 hours ago, KaiserWilhelm said:

It's pretty sad to see the MTA server with zero players (as it stands right now, at the time of me making this post). Server peaked daily around 160-180 a couple years ago and now it's pretty much out of action.

This is mainly down to how the server has been ran and managed over the last couple of years. It’s been drove into the floor but the launch of V looks promising for the community. 

There’s a different vibe to RP now compared to when there was peaks of 200 players in 2016/17. 

Obviously people lose interest in RP as a whole, (as have I several times).