Jump to content
Belgica

GTA V - Legal factions

Recommended Posts

Thanks for tagging me.

 

I believe you are right. I believe that a company needs to either focus mainly on a specific brand/type of industry or have the whole company itself redesigned. It's easy to just buy some building and set up the simple stuff, but if you ask me we need to start realistic from the start. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a lot that I can agree with here, but partially an amount that I can also criticize for being too censorious. Ideally we're trying to create an immersive society right, however condemning a conglomerate for having a spontaenous selection of specializations should only be reserved for those that don't have the backstory that justifies and illustrates where the interest began and how it came to be a viable option for them to be involved in different markets/industries.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s no reason to limit what people invest their time and money in to. Of course it’s not 100% common to see but why does it matter so much? If these companies can’t manage themselves so well then they’ll naturally fail and collapse due to being spread out so poorly.

Edited by DrJoseEviI
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

All of our subsidiaries go into each other, motorsports into events, with the news corresponding with that. The only subsidiary that will grow on it's own is security but that goes with the background. We don't want to have X Y X A B divisions as it just gets messy. Our main focus is just to provide roleplay and help other businesses which will always be the case. 

 

As for installing security equipment perhaps when things expand over time but we want to allow other people to get into that sector. Our main goal is supporting other businesses and providing roleplay opportunities ( with working with other Government agencies to host events such as dirt track racing etc).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, personally, I do kinda agree with you. Just popping as a huge conglomerate in general seems quite odd, not to mention that all market will be already in control by more prominent and experienced members in general (which might be a small turn off for possible newer players to even think of something) On the other hand though, I guess it will be trial and error. Some branches of specific faction will close down or be sold off by stronger corporations in time and so on and on. Not to mention the fact that... Well, those factions are open and you can always join them up and expand their operations, help the grow and etc.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They're just tryna monopolize all the businesses that made money on mta this is why I asked if the gas stations, gun stores and 24/7 stores on v are already owned.

 

I just hope that since they're not nurfing legal rp and their million dollar companies from the start, they won't nurf illegal rp and any idea that produces income

Edited by Immaculate
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Effect said:

Well, personally, I do kinda agree with you. Just popping as a huge conglomerate in general seems quite odd, not to mention that all market will be already in control by more prominent and experienced members in general (which might be a small turn off for possible newer players to even think of something) On the other hand though, I guess it will be trial and error. Some branches of specific faction will close down or be sold off by stronger corporations in time and so on and on. Not to mention the fact that... Well, those factions are open and you can always join them up and expand their operations, help the grow and etc.

 

 

This is something happening right now on MTA, it really kills stuff to my opinion. Fair point.

 

I certainly agree with your arguments Belgica, I rather see more companies working together or individually instead of 1 huge corp doing everything like we had before in MTA. It really kills the motivation to start factions, as there's really no place to go against them when they got a bigger status than you have.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, einschtein said:

Thanks for tagging me.

 

I believe you are right. I believe that a company needs to either focus mainly on a specific brand/type of industry or have the whole company itself redesigned. It's easy to just buy some building and set up the simple stuff, but if you ask me we need to start realistic from the start. 

hey mate - been a looooooooooooooooong time

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If someone wants to start an LLC consisting of other small companies, they should start their own primary company from the ground up and buy out or combine with already existing factions. This way if someone does monopolize, it’s because they were successful enough with their first faction to then dip their hands in a second, then third and so on; not because they were able to list several companies on their thread without anything to show for them. I’m just hoping FT doesn’t fund these LLCs to start off with 3-4 established businesses right off the bat, because like everyone has been saying that will take away most incentive for other players.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Immaculate said:

They're just tryna monopolize all the businesses that made money on mta this is why I asked if the gas stations, gun stores and 24/7 stores on v are already owned.

 

I just hope that since they're not nurfing legal rp and their million dollar companies from the start, they won't nurf illegal rp and any idea that produces income

Gas stations, gun stores and 24/7's are not owned off the bat, no. We still support both legal and illegal RP, and will be doing our best to make a decent environment for everyone to RP whatever they feel like, may it be legal or illegal. We still offer a lot of options to make money through illegal means and majority of businesses and places will be available upon launch. It is a few places that have been given to factions that are being transitioned over to V. We hope people will narrow down their focus and obviously we will not support something people do half-assed. We want the open wide environment and allow for people to start companies/businesses as well. The places given to factions are minor places and a start-up to create roleplay in the transition and start-up of the server.

8 minutes ago, ertidog said:

If someone wants to start an LLC consisting of other small companies, they should start their own primary company from the ground up and buy out or combine with already existing factions. This way if someone does monopolize, it’s because they were successful enough with their first faction to then dip their hands in a second, then third and so on; not because they were able to list several companies on their thread without anything to show for them. I’m just hoping FT doesn’t fund these LLCs to start off with 3-4 established businesses right off the bat, because like everyone has been saying that will take away most incentive for other players.

We only support minor requests off the bat of current factions. This being a few interiors and businesses that makes sense for us to support. Naminjg yourself LLC or similar will not automatically get you a huge amount of extra support. We will not be giving out a widespread load of interiors and businesses off the bat until we see how things proceed and progress through the coming weeks. Both in activity, members and roleplay quality offered. Both FT and UA will support RP as best we can and obviously with logical outcome and discussions when it comes to the requests we get.

Edited by Shanks
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I just believe that, we, as players and faction owners should just work a lot more closely together. I mean, we are not exactly limited to pull up firearm license > Join security branch under Irwin and roleplay under their "brand". Plus, smaller factions when they pop up should seriously consider to offer their services to bigger factions and so on and on and on... Overall, it's a very, very sticky situation (if we put down a lid on factions that they should focus on one and only one specialization, that will surely be limiting RP capabilities in general). I just reckon, atm it's a lesser evil what we are doing right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Effect said:

Well, I just believe that, we, as players and faction owners should just work a lot more closely together. I mean, we are not exactly limited to pull up firearm license > Join security branch under Irwin and roleplay under their "brand". Plus, smaller factions when they pop up should seriously consider to offer their services to bigger factions and so on and on and on... Overall, it's a very, very sticky situation (if we put down a lid on factions that they should focus on one and only one specialization, that will surely be limiting RP capabilities in general). I just reckon, atm it's a lesser evil what we are doing right now.

In my opinion official factions should be helping smaller factions rise up anyway and get their own niche.

 

Contacts are everything in the business world both legal and illegal.  Starting a business isn't easy either (nor should it be), which is why my faction is literally designed to helping others.

 

Which was our mission statement also on MTA although this time we are focusing a lot smaller.

 

Truth is yes we tried the several divisions and such on MTA and it nose dived but we learnt from it. For instance some employees wanted to do aviation but didn't have the resources to do so therefore we helped them do it. It flunked since sadly aviation on MTA wasn't a huge market BUT they were able to try it.

 

This will be the same on V because we want to help.

 

Do we have millions? Not at all and most likely never will as that isn't even our aim. We want to provide specific roleplay, be able to do decent wages and help others reach their full potential.

 

Who knows as the market changes we may change to develop into what peoples demands are.

 

As for assets I do want to clarify we have 1 building and 2 vehicles. As UA have already stated we aren't taking over everything. In fact I'm excited to start with barely anything and work our way up as I enjoy the challenge.

 

Those who know how I run factions through MTA will already know I'll be looking at creating events. You're correct in stating we are an entertainment business that is our sector.

 

If things fail they fail and we will learn to adapt, but our goal will always be helping others reach their own potential. Whether this is via partnerships, sponsoring other peoples events or lending resources such as our security team so people can run nightclubs etc without paying an arm and a leg for protection.

 

 

Hope that clarifies things from Sabres end anyway.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vubstersmurf said:

In my opinion official factions should be helping smaller factions rise up anyway and get their own niche.

 

Contacts are everything in the business world both legal and illegal.  Starting a business isn't easy either (nor should it be), which is why my faction is literally designed to helping others.

 

Which was our mission statement also on MTA although this time we are focusing a lot smaller.

 

Truth is yes we tried the several divisions and such on MTA and it nose dived but we learnt from it. For instance some employees wanted to do aviation but didn't have the resources to do so therefore we helped them do it. It flunked since sadly aviation on MTA wasn't a huge market BUT they were able to try it.

 

This will be the same on V because we want to help.

 

Do we have millions? Not at all and most likely never will as that isn't even our aim. We want to provide specific roleplay, be able to do decent wages and help others reach their full potential.

 

Who knows as the market changes we may change to develop into what peoples demands are.

 

As for assets I do want to clarify we have 1 building and 2 vehicles. As UA have already stated we aren't taking over everything. In fact I'm excited to start with barely anything and work our way up as I enjoy the challenge.

 

Those who know how I run factions through MTA will already know I'll be looking at creating events. You're correct in stating we are an entertainment business that is our sector.

 

If things fail they fail and we will learn to adapt, but our goal will always be helping others reach their own potential. Whether this is via partnerships, sponsoring other peoples events or lending resources such as our security team so people can run nightclubs etc without paying an arm and a leg for protection.

 

 

Hope that clarifies things from Sabres end anyway.

Hah, I feel you on this... I mean, that's the favorite part of RP.
To start from the very beginning, slowly step by step grow bigger, invest your time in decent opportunities, planning events, preparing everything and such. Not to mention building up your contacts over time... Heck, maybe each company will work and cooperate together to pull up bigger projects in the future as well (charity runs or creation of some "annual event" :D) overall, I am 100% that THOSE who handles legal factions as it is now do act as a helping hand to newer, coming back or "veteran" players who transit from MTA to OWL V.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

If someone isn't willing to participate in a sector of RP because someone else is already involved in it, then maybe they aren't the most motivated person? Especially in something like legal RP where there's always a decent bit of opportunity. Convington Trucking on MTA is a great example. For years, nobody really tried and gave it much care but when @ResidentPeach did, it turned out to be a really good faction and concept.

 

Also, I think it's probably important to mention that someone can add as part of their company that they're a "real estate" company for example but try to sell like one or two properties at a time or be a "restaurant business" and manage a single property. That's effectively what is going on right now so there's a handful of small locations up and running to provide RP from day one so that every player isn't doing a script job to rush and gather money to then buy a restaurant and set it up a week after launch. That really shouldn't demotivate others from creating their own restaurants or real estate companies, security, etc, and if it does, then...see what I said in the first paragraph.

 

To clarify as well, @Immaculate, everything that was brought over to V to create a more lively RP world from day one (again, to prevent the trucking spamming and whatever else) is not even close to an equivalent of what we have in MTA. Every legal faction is heavily "nerfed" in comparison and only a few things are approved for each official faction to again, create an RP environment from day one. Nobody is getting special early access to monopolize things like gas stations, ammunitions, etc. We have specific plans for high-value properties like that, don't worry.

 

Also, let's not forget @Yannick that these large companies have come and gone in the past and gone through big changes, so, simply existing does not guarantee longevity or even demotivation of other companies from starting. Look at Dinoco as a good example of this, SLC before, etc.

 

We're not going to require other companies buy existing companies to RP in a specific sector. We'd get very serious complaints for limiting RP and rightfully so, @ertidog. Imagine if you start a company wanting to do property management for clubs or events, parties, etc, and you realize that a good supplement to that is providing security for those establishments as well. It would be severely limiting to tell them that they can't then RP strapping a gun to their hip and pay their friend 20 bucks an hour to act as security for another entity. This is a simple example of course but you get the idea. Creating a forum thread promoting your own RP does not inherently mean a monopoly on scripts or some other kind of special access. It's the same reason we don't require someone to join an existing mafia faction before creating their own, or something like that. We want as much freedom as possible with these things.

 

Finally, to be clear, everyone receives FT support equally. Nobody is receiving special support to fund multiple LLCs beforehand. There is just enough support being given to existing official factions to create a lively RP environment to start. Hope that clarifies that! :)

 

I understand this but don't you think that the advantages given from the start will come into play in the future and that any company should get a starter pack to create a leveled playing field? Let's say the current logistics company starts off with a building and two trucks, it gives them a major advantage because the other companies have to find ways to generate those resources by then the official company would have 20 trucks and the ability to lower their rates.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Immaculate said:

 

I understand this but don't you think that the advantages given from the start will come into play in the future and that any company should get a starter pack to create a leveled playing field? Let's say the current logistics company starts off with a building and two trucks, it gives them a major advantage because the other companies have to find ways to generate those resources by then the official company would have 20 trucks and the ability to lower their rates.

 

You have to think about this in the context of how factions and the server currently operates. Let me explain the two scenarios being discussed here.

 

In one example we could start off with no businesses or factions and force the server to be empty from day one while threads are created, money is pooled together or script jobs are done before cars can be bought, etc. Those factions compete and sooner or later they get support and promoted by the Faction Team and have an "advantage" OR we can allow some of the already proven and well established factions in the community provide roleplay from day one.

 

Regardless of what happens, if we want to provide roleplay when the server launches for both legal and illegal roleplayers, we have to jumpstart things somehow. We're not going to force people to create their thread, submit a Faction Team Update, wait a week or two for an F3, then allow them to send in a request for support after they've established themselves for some vehicles or a property. By then a month has passed as part of the normal faction evaluation and the ability to facilitate roleplay has been greatly diminished. That is far more detrimental than giving already well established and trusted factions the relatively minimal ability to run their businesses and create RP.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've lead Dinoco for 3-4 years on MTA, and I've started from the very bottom and struggled to the top. It takes time, but I think as long as you've got your head screwed on and remain active then you'll for sure gain attention.

 

Trident is a conglomerate, much like Dinoco is, and I very much wanted it to match as closely as possible to what we do on MTA. However, that obviously wasn't really possible due to some changes in the script. Dinoco started off dealing with mainly vehicle services, such as vehicle insurance and vehicle imports. We eventually took-over JGC which resulting in us changing our focus over to the entertainment sector.

 

Trident is slightly different and perhaps more confusing, as you've said though. But businesses are not tied down to focusing on one area of the market. They don't have to provide to one type of person, or one type of business. A lot of companies IRL have sub-companies which conduct business which is completely different to what the main company focuses on. If there is a niche and a gap in the market then a company WILL look into investing. If I was to be completely realistic with Trident then I'd have separate companies for each major division (such as insurance) but it's not really plausible here. What we have instead is designated managers for each different sector, and a team for each so they can solely focus on that aspect. The fisheries, however, is essentially an extension to our rental and leisure service also so it is distantly linked. 

 

TL;DR: It's not uncommon for businesses to take advantage of gaps in the market, hence why conglomerates are often common with high-profit businesses. What factions do is not a problem, provided they're active and actively providing roleplay to faction members.

 

@Belgica

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mogs said:

I've lead Dinoco for 3-4 years on MTA, and I've started from the very bottom and struggled to the top. It takes time, but I think as long as you've got your head screwed on and remain active then you'll for sure gain attention.

 

Trident is a conglomerate, much like Dinoco is, and I very much wanted it to match as closely as possible to what we do on MTA. However, that obviously wasn't really possible due to some changes in the script. Dinoco started off dealing with mainly vehicle services, such as vehicle insurance and vehicle imports. We eventually took-over JGC which resulting in us changing our focus over to the entertainment sector.

 

Trident is slightly different and perhaps more confusing, as you've said though. But businesses are not tied down to focusing on one area of the market. They don't have to provide to one type of person, or one type of business. A lot of companies IRL have sub-companies which conduct business which is completely different to what the main company focuses on. If there is a niche and a gap in the market then a company WILL look into investing. If I was to be completely realistic with Trident then I'd have separate companies for each major division (such as insurance) but it's not really plausible here. What we have instead is designated managers for each different sector, and a team for each so they can solely focus on that aspect. The fisheries, however, is essentially an extension to our rental and leisure service also so it is distantly linked. 

 

TL;DR: It's not uncommon for businesses to take advantage of gaps in the market, hence why conglomerates are often common with high-profit businesses. What factions do is not a problem, provided they're active and actively providing roleplay to faction members.

 

@Belgica

 

You're right.

 

Conglomerates are a natural way of expansion. But that expansion for your faction was natural in the MTA-universe, not in the GTA V-universe.

 

I find espacially one part of your explanation a bit troubling: 

Quote

Trident is a conglomerate, much like Dinoco is, and I very much wanted it to match as closely as possible to what we do on MTA.

 

Just because of this quote (from the main thread of the launch):

Quote

The logic behind this decision is that V is a separate universe from MTA/GTASA and it would not make sense that characters/factions exist as is within both, vastly different, universes.

 

What's the advantage of copying your succesfomula to another universe?

 

 

The confusion you speak of, is simply due to the unnatural growth.

 

You're most definately not tied down to one sector. However, a naturally growing company puts 100% on a sector. Once that sector is profitable for them and they have more funds than necessary, they'll look into other possibilities. Spreading your money too wide from the start only increases the necessary investment. And at the start of the server, that's an investment you probably can't make.

 

Spreading money is not necessarily a spreading of risk. It might be just the other way around.

 

Either way, that's a risk you take and should be able to take.

 

In my opinion, you're closing yourself off from interaction with other factions. For example, as you have a vehicle dealership, you'll buy from your own. That means you won't be negotiating, won't be interacting a lot and will avoid spreading money over the whole community.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mogs said:

I've lead Dinoco for 3-4 years on MTA, and I've started from the very bottom and struggled to the top. It takes time, but I think as long as you've got your head screwed on and remain active then you'll for sure gain attention.

 

Trident is a conglomerate, much like Dinoco is, and I very much wanted it to match as closely as possible to what we do on MTA. However, that obviously wasn't really possible due to some changes in the script. Dinoco started off dealing with mainly vehicle services, such as vehicle insurance and vehicle imports. We eventually took-over JGC which resulting in us changing our focus over to the entertainment sector.

 

Trident is slightly different and perhaps more confusing, as you've said though. But businesses are not tied down to focusing on one area of the market. They don't have to provide to one type of person, or one type of business. A lot of companies IRL have sub-companies which conduct business which is completely different to what the main company focuses on. If there is a niche and a gap in the market then a company WILL look into investing. If I was to be completely realistic with Trident then I'd have separate companies for each major division (such as insurance) but it's not really plausible here. What we have instead is designated managers for each different sector, and a team for each so they can solely focus on that aspect. The fisheries, however, is essentially an extension to our rental and leisure service also so it is distantly linked. 

 

TL;DR: It's not uncommon for businesses to take advantage of gaps in the market, hence why conglomerates are often common with high-profit businesses. What factions do is not a problem, provided they're active and actively providing roleplay to faction members.

 

@Belgica

Your business thrived because of the server and it's resources/ the resources needed, the business was the only way people could get items they ordered online and due to how much profit you grossed you were able to lower your prices to the point where nobody else could compete, admins were also not allowing anything to be spawned by them regardless of the type of item or how it was roleplayed they also enforced the rule that you need to have an item on you to be used very heavily, we're going to face a similar situation here if you're the only company with items from the start regardless of anyone else "building up" as you will lower your rates before they get the chance to even expand. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Immaculate said:

Your business thrived because of the server and it's resources/ the resources needed, the business was the only way people could get items they ordered online and due to how much profit you grossed you were able to lower your prices to the point where nobody else could compete, admins were also not allowing anything to be spawned by them regardless of the type of item or how it was roleplayed they also enforced the rule that you need to have an item on you to be used very heavily, we're going to face a similar situation here if you're the only company with items from the start regardless of anyone else "building up" as you will lower your rates before they get the chance to even expand. 

You're not entirely right, as far as I remember.

 

He didn't start off as an imports company.

 

@Mogs and his team really need to get the credit for what they built up! I remember their original faction thrad and I believe it was a vehicle dealership buying cars from players and later on importing them. All the rest followed after probably 6 months of building up to their momentum.

 

However, you're right for a big part.

MTA is flawed in the fact that the imports are limited to 1 or 2 providers. Especially for items which are almost spawned for free, or at least at prices they define on their own.

And MTA is flwaed in its insurances. They're the easiest money a faction can make, because if a client costs too much you can just dump him. @tree will most likely agree with me.

 

If both those scripts don't exists, and vehicle dealerships don't exist either, some business-models will have to be thrown in the trashcan.

Edited by Belgica
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Belgica said:

You're not entirely right, as far as I remember.

 

He didn't start off as an imports company.

 

@Mogs and his team really need to get the credit for what they built up! I remember their original faction thrad and I believe it was a vehicle dealership buying cars from players and later on importing them. All the rest followed after probably 6 months of building up to their momentum.

 

However, you're right for a big part.

MTA is flawed in the fact that the imports are limited to 1 or 2 providers. Especially for items which are almost spawned for free, or at least at prices they define on their own.

And MTA is flwaed in its insurances. They're the easiest money a faction can make, because if a client costs too much you can just dump him. @tree will most likely agree with me.

 

If both those scripts don't exists, and vehicle dealerships don't exist either, some business-models will have to be thrown in the trashcan.

 

It works on, usually, a 1 year term in which the insured pays X amount of money for the year, and the insurer will cover the costs (minus deductible) of what is insured for that year. Obviously, if the insured made too many claims, the insurer can either not renew for another term, or raise the premium.

 

Yes, insurance factions can work without any script. All it requires is a bank account, a spreadsheet and contracts.

 

Though, on a game like GTA SA or V, people "play" at a speedy pace. They don't want to have to fill a claim sheet and wait a few days for the refund of their vehicle damage. For that, it requires a script, even though it is not mandatory to start.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and follow our Guidelines.