Mogs

Faction Team Update - August 2019

3 hours ago, Daffy15 said:

I suggest allowing non admin FT members being able to contribute to locked FT forum and vote there, create topics to express their concerns, accept only experienced roleplayers too.

Players can already express concerns by making an FT public contact. 

10 minutes ago, Mogs said:

Players can already express concerns by making an FT public contact. 

You can't have a discussion via FT public contact, you can't see replys, you can't expound on your points. There is also no obligation for FT to run their ideas though the community before they implement it they just vote on it within their own circle but fuck it lol I won't be going though the circle of 'FT doesn't need help we're perfect',  it literally looks like people are begging to help, do you.

9 minutes ago, Immaculate said:

You can't have a discussion via FT public contact, you can't see replys, you can't expound on your points. There is also no obligation for FT to run their ideas though the community before they implement it they just vote on it within their own circle

Those are really good points.

11 minutes ago, Immaculate said:

You can't have a discussion via FT public contact, you can't see replys, you can't expound on your points. There is also no obligation for FT to run their ideas though the community before they implement it they just vote on it within their own circle but fuck it lol I won't be going though the circle of 'FT doesn't need help we're perfect',  it literally looks like people are begging to help, do you.

Discussions don't have to run through public contacts. There has been a couple of contacts where we've discussed over discord or TS, as it's required. Typically if we do require more information or believe there's room for a discussion it's more meaningful to have an actual discussion. FT meetings especially, they happen every month and community members are more than welcome to come along if they want to bring something to the whole team in real time. i know that you came the first open-community FT meeting Jola in TS, and I don't believe we ignored any of your points?

Furthermore, 99% of contacts do not require any input from the community. Typically they're basic contact requests, drug OPs, VMs etc which do not affect the community as a whole. Community members have issues with not being heard by FT, but we haven't actually had any contacts relating to anything brought up by any members in threads like this, although we have discussed some of the more notable points in TS3 in the last meeting. 

However, I do understand your concerns. We're currently just focusing on setting factions up for OwlV, and this is a suggestion which is tabled for the time-being.

4 minutes ago, Mogs said:

Discussions don't have to run through public contacts. There has been a couple of contacts where we've discussed over discord or TS, as it's required. Typically if we do require more information or believe there's room for a discussion it's more meaningful to have an actual discussion. FT meetings especially, they happen every month and community members are more than welcome to come along if they want to bring something to the whole team in real time. i know that you came the first open-community FT meeting Jola in TS, and I don't believe we ignored any of your points?

Furthermore, 99% of contacts do not require any input from the community. Typically they're basic contact requests, drug OPs, VMs etc which do not affect the community as a whole. Community members have issues with not being heard by FT, but we haven't actually had any contacts relating to anything brought up by any members in threads like this, although we have discussed some of the more notable points in TS3 in the last meeting. 

However, I do understand your concerns. We're currently just focusing on setting factions up for OwlV, and this is a suggestion which is tabled for the time-being.

You're contradicting yourself when you say that our concerns can be made via FT contact and then say FT contacts are usually about OPs and VMs, clearly the contact system is not used to bring up ideas as you can't have a discussion on the topic via a contact. People do not bring up concerns because they don't think that it'll be taken seriously, we had a thread about this ( Improve the Illegal Scene) and it just turned into a clusterfuck where FT members were defending their actions while people of the community were bringing up concerns, yes I was in that FT meeting nothing was discussed in the meeting that was meaningful, it was basically a meeting of ideas and what we expect. You need to have a group of people and a section on the forums were they could express their opinions and have logical discussions about it, not a 30 minute to 1 hour TS voice meeting where responses are rushed, it's literally the owl version of a democratic  presi debate. Nobody is asking you to make FT drops and handle VM request if you think that people are reaching for power which is your main concern and the signs are all over this thread, we just want a voice in the decisions being made by one of the most important teams on the server a server which is player dependent.

1 minute ago, Immaculate said:

You're contradicting yourself when you say that our concerns can be made via FT contact and then say FT contacts are usually about OPs and VMs, clearly the contact system is not used to bring up ideas as you can't have a discussion on the topic via a contact. People do not bring up concerns because they don't think that it'll be taken seriously, we had a thread about this ( Improve the Illegal Scene) and it just turned into a clusterfuck where FT members were defending their actions while people of the community were bringing up concerns, yes I was in that FT meeting nothing was discussed in the meeting that was meaningful, it was basically a meeting of ideas and what we expect. You need to have a group of people and a section on the forums were they could express their opinions and have logical discussions about it, not a 30 minute to 1 hour TS voice meeting where responses are rushed, it's literally the owl version of a democratic  presi debate. Nobody is asking you to make FT drops and handle VM request if you think that people are reaching for power which is your main concern and the signs are all over this thread, we just want a voice in the decisions being made by one of the most important teams on the server a server which is player dependent.

Valid point.

If you do have a specific issue, I guess you could post it on the general discussion forum - https://forums.owlgaming.net/forum/203-general-discussion/ . It's probably the best way to bring points to the whole community, whilst allowing FT members to give their input. 

On 8/13/2019 at 8:59 PM, Mogs said:

Furthermore, 99% of contacts do not require any input from the community. Typically they're basic contact requests, drug OPs, VMs etc which do not affect the community as a whole.

Why would you even mention this, you know we're talking about suggestions and input to the FT and not drug or VM requests right?

19 minutes ago, Montag said:

Why would you even mention this, you know we're talking about suggestions and input to the FT and not drug or VM requests right?

The discussion was about allowing non-admins to apply to Faction Team, which I've addressed. As I've already said though, if you want to give input into FT then you can either make an FT contact or post a general discussions thread.