Jump to content
Mogs

Faction Team Update - August 2019

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, remolten said:

Rip lmao

Yeah, rip V Mir hah.

Edited by Parrot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mogs said:
 

 

Non-Admin FT Members

In this meeting we discussed having regular players as FT members. We wanted to strike a balance of making it easier for community members to help out with faction matters, while ensuring accountability. The problem with when we used to have regular players as FT, was many times it became difficult to get contacts processed as all the members lacked the permissions to make spawns or create roleplay for factions. Admins did not want to handle their spawns since they were very time consuming. Additionally, leaks were rampant and there was little that could be done to deter it (other than removing the member after finding out). With admins the stakes are higher and the infraction system deters admins from leaking information for their own benefits.

 

At this meeting, we all agreed that we would like to have the community help more and have a voice on faction decisions. Yet, we were undecided with how to handle the aforementioned issues. We are interested in continuing this discussion for when V launches but are turning to the community for help with ideas on how this could be done logistically. Perhaps a role that allows voting in FT meetings but not processing of public contacts? Interested in seeing what YOU think.

 

 

I don't see the logic of this, any team member can get punished, leaks are being done right now regardless of people being admins. The team  has  a few people with experience, not enough people who've actually roleplayed illegally specially who can have meaningful discussions about the illegal scene and faction roles. Doesn't make sense to do this after the server opens either you're gonna end up having a dysfunctional system/economy from the start which would be hard to fix. What have you guys discussed about the illegal scene for GTA V anyway, has the weapon/drug distribution system been discussed? Will thinks like assault rifles be limited  because certain admins don't "like" to see criminals with those types of weapons?  Will I have to make a contact to do everything on a modern platform like GTA V? There are a lot of questions that have to be asked and answered and considering the contents of this update all I see is yes men.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoGotti said:

I don't see the logic of this, any team member can get punished, leaks are being done right now regardless of people being admins. The team  has  a few people with experience, not enough people who've actually roleplayed illegally specially who can have meaningful discussions about the illegal scene and faction roles. Doesn't make sense to do this after the server opens either you're gonna end up having a dysfunctional system/economy from the start which would be hard to fix. What have you guys discussed about the illegal scene for GTA V anyway, has the weapon/drug distribution system been discussed? Will thinks like assault rifles be limited  because certain admins don't "like" to see criminals with those types of weapons?  Will I have to make a contact to do everything on a modern platform like GTA V? There are a lot of questions that have to be asked and answered and considering the contents of this update all I see is yes men.

We're referring to accountability. It's far more likely, and it's been proven by the old system, that any non-admin community member who is apart of FT is likely to leak something. As I've said on the other thread, once a leak is identified in FT then a bunch of system need to be adjusted which is hours of work. As suggested in this update, however, we are looking for other alternatives and perhaps changing the structure of the team to allow for non-admins to give input to the team.

 

However, I do not personally believe there is a demand for non-admins in FT right now. The current team have been very open with handling any illegal contacts, and there haven't been any major hiccups.

 

In terms of V, we'll be adapting most of our current system to fit with the new platform. Guns are I believe more accessible but I cannot comment on what the availability will be like in the illegal scene until things are finalise. There will be more information which will likely be available before V launch to answer most of your questions as we'll be working on ironing things out this month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mogs said:

We're referring to accountability. It's far more likely, and it's been proven by the old system, that any non-admin community member who is apart of FT is likely to leak something. As I've said on the other thread, once a leak is identified in FT then a bunch of system need to be adjusted which is hours of work. As suggested in this update, however, we are looking for other alternatives and perhaps changing the structure of the team to allow for non-admins to give input to the team.

 

However, I do not personally believe there is a demand for non-admins in FT right now. The current team have been very open with handling any illegal contacts, and there haven't been any major hiccups.

 

In terms of V, we'll be adapting most of our current system to fit with the new platform. Guns are I believe more accessible but I cannot comment on what the availability will be like in the illegal scene until things are finalise. There will be more information which will likely be available before V launch to answer most of your questions as we'll be working on ironing things out this month.

You should have just went with that instead of the I don't think players (who can apply to be  admin) by the way will join FT to leak, it's illogical. You're joining a team you're expected to follow the rules, leaking is a problem for every team. The only issue you guys have is allowing other people into the team and we all know why this is a problem for you, I said this on the other thread and it was passed over as we're always looking for help when this topic says otherwise. You need people with different opinions, having the same meetings where everybody agrees with everything will not positively affect the server, there is still this us verses them mentality, if not people would have been allowed to have a beneficial impact on your decisions a long time ago.

Edited by JoGotti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JoGotti said:

You should have just went with that instead of the I don't think players (who can apply to be  admin) by the way will joint FT to leak, it's illogical. You're joining a team you're expected to follow the rules, leaking is a problem for every team. The only issue you guys have is allowing other people into the team and we all know why this is a problem for you, I said this on the other thread and it was passed over as we're always looking for help when this topic says otherwise. You need people with different opinions, having the same meetings where everybody agrees with everything will not positively affect the server, there is still is us verses them mentality, if not people would have been allowed to have a beneficial impact on your decisions a long time ago.

We were just addressing previous problems, and the reason why it was changed in the first place in this update. Obviously it's not a sealed deal, this is something we'll likely discuss when V comes around. However, for the time being there isn't a need for any new members.

 

Also, FT members don't automatically agree with each other. We have monthly meetings for a reason. We discuss everything needed and gather everyones opinions. If there's someone who isn't objectively voting on contacts then it would be looked into by UA, as that would be seen as just pure laziness. We may not have the most diverse team in terms of roleplaying strengths, but each member has valuable contributions to all contacts, VMs and other issues and, as I said, there haven't been many issues with how these members have handled things.

 

We do always take suggestions from community members too if they're suggesting to bring about change, so I don't believe people need to be IN Faction Team to actually help out and make changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"DrJoseEvil
Mogs
MrFocus
QueenC
Salsa
Vubstersmurf"
These names are the FMT roster or the one updated on?

@Mogs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Parrot said:

"DrJoseEvil
Mogs
MrFocus
QueenC
Salsa
Vubstersmurf"
These names are the FMT roster or the one updated on?

@Mogs

it's the FT roster. Don't believe there's an updated one posted elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mogs said:

We were just addressing previous problems, and the reason why it was changed in the first place in this update. Obviously it's not a sealed deal, this is something we'll likely discuss when V comes around. However, for the time being there isn't a need for any new members.

 

Also, FT members don't automatically agree with each other. We have monthly meetings for a reason. We discuss everything needed and gather everyones opinions. If there's someone who isn't objectively voting on contacts then it would be looked into by UA, as that would be seen as just pure laziness. We may not have the most diverse team in terms of roleplaying strengths, but each member has valuable contributions to all contacts, VMs and other issues and, as I said, there haven't been many issues with how these members have handled things.

 

We do always take suggestions from community members too if they're suggesting to bring about change, so I don't believe people need to be IN Faction Team to actually help out and make changes.

Name one suggestion that a member of this community has made which was fulfilled in relation to factions. Also can you tell me how FT has been trying to improve roleplay over the past year of people not being satisfied with the current scene? You can't say something is working out when it isn't, sure FT admins can spawn in drugs after debating if someone is cool enough to get a drop but this isn't what the team is all about  unless something has changed over the past months/years. 

 

"We may not have the most diverse team in terms of roleplaying strengths, but each member has valuable contributions to all contacts"

 

You're proving my point lol, the team has to be diverse in order for positive changes to be brought forward, FT admins have a role the addition of other people isn't going to affect that role, the addition of other people is to discuss matters and bring more opinions to the table. Limiting the team is a power grab and the only two reasons you have for limiting it are illogical. 

 

 

 

Edited by JoGotti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mogs said:

 

Preparing for OwlV

Faction Team will be dedicating a lot of their time over the next few weeks preparing the OwlV server to be suitable for factions, both legal and illegal, to function. Some official faction leaders have already been contacted in regards to support for moving over to V. Due to the limitations and different setting on V, not all factions will be able to function over on the V server. The most notable is VT dealerships which will not be possible on OwlV due to no imports and no custom-handled vehicles.

 

if you have any specific faction-related questions in relation to OwlV, feel free to send in a Faction Team contact.

Ok, here's my suggestion regarding this. Instead of just completely abolishing privately owned car selling business because of no custom vehicles, there's something else that can be done. Firstly, it doesn't really make a lot of sense of having all the cars present at a single dealership. You could as well divide the total inventory into 2 or 4 dealerships (can be debated on). Furthermore, it would be much much much better if in OwlV, the car shops could be owned by players instead. I think this wouldn't require MUCH oversight. The prices could be fixed and with little to no oversight of the FT/VT/Admin Team, this could work. Applications for the ownership of such dealerships could be opened as for the import dealerships we have now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leaks only happen if you accept people who cannot or shouldn't be trusted*, and that should not be used as an excuse to restrict those willing to dedicate their time to help.

 

*Citation: The 8 month period I was in FMT where only 3 of the 11 members of the team were Admins and no leaks occurred.

Edited by Urshankov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rauf said:

Ok, here's my suggestion regarding this. Instead of just completely abolishing privately owned car selling business because of no custom vehicles, there's something else that can be done. Firstly, it doesn't really make a lot of sense of having all the cars present at a single dealership. You could as well divide the total inventory into 2 or 4 dealerships (can be debated on). Furthermore, it would be much much much better if in OwlV, the car shops could be owned by players instead. I think this wouldn't require MUCH oversight. The prices could be fixed and with little to no oversight of the FT/VT/Admin Team, this could work. Applications for the ownership of such dealerships could be opened as for the import dealerships we have now.

We'll still be allowing people to start up second-hand dealerships, and it's far more realistic this way rather than having companies import. It also encourages more RP, since most imports currently are just player requests with little roleplay in between.

 

1 hour ago, Urshankov said:

Leaks only happen if you accept people who cannot or shouldn't be trusted*, and that should not be used as an excuse to restrict those willing to dedicate their time to help.

 

*Citation: The 8 month period I was in FMT where only 3 of the 11 members of the team were Admins and no leaks occurred.

Of course this is true. However, people are mostly suggesting that it should be opened up to allow illegal RPers to contribute to the illegal scene. I'm not sure when you were in FT, but since then there has been a lot of developments. There's systems and SOPs which contain information that could be easily abused. However, this isn't the only points brought forward.

 

27 minutes ago, JoGotti said:

The community has spoken yet again, lets see what happens

As I've already said multiple times, this is a discussion we will be having when OwlV comes around. However, currently the FT is in a good state so we're not rushing to do anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Mogs said:

We'll still be allowing people to start up second-hand dealerships, and it's far more realistic this way rather than having companies import. It also encourages more RP, since most imports currently are just player requests with little roleplay in between.

 

Of course this is true. However, people are mostly suggesting that it should be opened up to allow illegal RPers to contribute to the illegal scene. I'm not sure when you were in FT, but since then there has been a lot of developments. There's systems and SOPs which contain information that could be easily abused. However, this isn't the only points brought forward.

 

As I've already said multiple times, this is a discussion we will be having when OwlV comes around. However, currently the FT is in a good state so we're not rushing to do anything.

How is FT in a good state am I missing something here? Have you looked at the illegal faction section in the past 3 months? Anything can be abused, what's stopping admins from abusing it right now? Nothing. 

 

You're a part of the team, you can't have an unbiased opinion on if it's good or bad.

 

Stop using the 'putting a pin on that' mentality, you're not going to discuss anything when OwlV starts up or you're hoping that we would forget when it does, the matter is in front of us right now, let's deal with it, if you don't want to get the people in charge of the team to give a logical response as to why this is being blocked.

Edited by JoGotti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fez said:

No custom handling vehicles, gg ricers.

It's not really needed since there's a bunch of vehicles and modifications already in the game as stock, so I think it will still appeal to those players : )

Edited by Mogs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suggest allowing non admin FT members being able to contribute to locked FT forum and vote there, create topics to express their concerns, accept only experienced roleplayers too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and follow our Guidelines.