Wingatar

Pay N Sprays

Alright so I've noticed people drive erratically and just go and pay n spray their car like nothing ever happened, and it shouldn't be like that.

Pay N Sprays should be removed and only mechanics are able to repair vehicles with roleplay. I believe it'll help the mechanic RP a lot considering it will bring in more than ricers wanting 30000 HP supra's. Considering mechanics fix cars too, I've only fixed a hand full of cars that were wrecked in a 2 year span. 

Also, it will most likely keep the crash rate down a lot because people will be stuck driving a fucked up car for who knows how long and no one wants that, people will be more careful like they would in real life.

Thoughts people?

Edited by Wingatar
  • Like 2
  • Salty 2

What if someone trolls and decides to demolish your car on purpose? And they just dip straight out form the server after that because they don't give a shit. Unless you are recording, you can't prove what you are saying to the admin as well, if you even decide to report it. And even if P&S get removed, the RP standards for the mechanic RP (at least the fixing/repairing aspect of it) shall be lowered. One more thing. If you can just fix cars left and right scriptwise and let's say it charges you 200, you can just get the mechanic job, crash all day long again and then fix yourself. I don't really think that's gonna help. 

• Like 1

Hasn't this discussion been brought up multiple times before? There's already people who properly RP damages to their vehicles and actually go about repairing them, I even seeked out a mechanic IC'ly just to buff out a scratch on a bumper of one of my cars. There's already a lack of mechanics, it's no longer what it used to be like back when we had a good playerbase where there would always be mechanics out and about looking for jobs, it's much harder now to find mechanics to even do simple things such as tire changes. 

Damages arn't only caused by erratic driving, the hitboxes on GTA models arn't the greatest, exiting an interior can damage car doors. Should people be seeking mechanics just because they tried to leave their garage and the game damaged their car? Let's no forget laggy drivers either, if one of them even comes near you, you can kiss your whole car goodbye because every body panel is going to be damaged. 

In the end, there's people who properly RP damages with getting cars repaired and replacement body panels repainted, even I used to buy wrecked exotics and repair them back on one of my old characters but there's just no other justification to completely remove all Pay N Sprays around the map and limit something that can't even be done with the current playerbase. Just my two cents here. 

Edited by DxRK
  • Like 1

Players go to Pay n Spray when their vehicles crash by a bug and mechanics shouldn't fix that.

45 minutes ago, BremboBG said:

What if someone trolls and decides to demolish your car on purpose? And they just dip straight out form the server after that because they don't give a shit. Unless you are recording, you can't prove what you are saying to the admin as well, if you even decide to report it. And even if P&S get removed, the RP standards for the mechanic RP (at least the fixing/repairing aspect of it) shall be lowered. One more thing. If you can just fix cars left and right scriptwise and let's say it charges you 200, you can just get the mechanic job, crash all day long again and then fix yourself. I don't really think that's gonna help. 

Report them to an admin with a screenshot like anyone else would, then the admin would repair it and so on.

42 minutes ago, DxRK said:

Hasn't this discussion been brought up multiple times before? There's already people who properly RP damages to their vehicles and actually go about repairing them, I even seeked out a mechanic IC'ly just to buff out a scratch on a bumper of one of my cars. There's already a lack of mechanics, it's no longer what it used to be like back when we had a good playerbase where there would always be mechanics out and about looking for jobs, it's much harder now to find mechanics to even do simple things such as tire changes. 

Damages arn't only caused by erratic driving, the hitboxes on GTA models arn't the greatest, exiting an interior can damage car doors. Should people be seeking mechanics just because they tried to leave their garage and the game damaged their car? Let's no forget laggy drivers either, if one of them even comes near you, you can kiss your whole car goodbye because every body panel is going to be damaged. 

In the end, there's people who properly RP damages with getting cars repaired and replacement body panels repainted, even I used to buy wrecked exotics and repair them back on one of my old characters but there's just no other justification to completely remove all Pay N Sprays around the map and limit something that can't even be done with the current playerbase. Just my two cents here. 

If the discussion has been brought up before then I don't remember it, but damages are mostly caused by erratic driving lol. I literally watch half of the player base daily smash into walls at 70 plus mph and then just go PnS their cars. The people who do RP their damages are very rare to find and even then don't drive like morons.

12 minutes ago, Parrot said:

Players go to Pay n Spray when their vehicles crash by a bug and mechanics shouldn't fix that.

Report said bug

• Like 1

Is this some kind of sick joke? No chance, there's barely any mechanics in game as it is.

The only instance where I'd think this idea will work is if there was a dedicated, legit, Legal Mechanic Faction that can fill in the void left if the Pay n' Spray's are removed.

it might be off topic, but the only thing that should really be removed is tokens, it ruins the RP as hell.

Edited by hook

This should be like an unwritten server rule that says "don't bring up the pay n spray stuff every other year" at this point.

Obviously "no" to this suggestion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1