Chaos

Ban Leniency and Reminder of the Open Door Policy

Since we are moving over to different platform, how are the admins going to deal with such things? Since you know GTA5 has a huge playerbase and probably most of the incomers will be unaware of what RP is, it applies on the players that play in Voice RP servers. Do you have plans of bringing supporters back? Any plans of hosting roleplay schools?

Also It's good to see you guys are changing the ban pressures.

Edited by Norm

5 minutes ago, ResidentPeach said:

Great mindset to have going into Owl V however, the only downside to this is a particular bowl cut headed mong most likely making a return here QIIYE6v.png?1

just quoting you to let you know that pepega is superior 

5 minutes ago, ResidentPeach said:

Edited by MrFocus

27 minutes ago, Norm said:

Since we are moving over to different platform, how are the admins going to deal with such things? Since you know GTA5 has a huge playerbase and probably most of the incomers will be unaware of what RP is, it applies on the players that play in Voice RP servers. Do you have plans of bringing supporters back? Any plans of hosting roleplay schools?

Unfortunately, RP schools were never a super effective way to ensure new players are trained. They require a lot of time and sync up between when admins (or supporters) would be online. I'm interested in other solutions for this. Obviously we'd be less strict with punishments but it would be cool if Owl released some sort of video tutorial series for new comers if they really wanted to improve their RP.

3 hours ago, Parrot said:

What's about cleaning history?

As Chaos noted on the stream, an account's punishment history will remain the same. We still require the ability to keep track of past offenses, and punishment points on a player's account will be reduced over time with good behavior Someone who is unbanned through this leniency will eventually have zero points on their record. We have a post about this in our previous announcements if you're interested.

If you think a punishment is invalid, you can always appeal it. If the appeal is successful, then it will be removed from your history entirely.

Edited by ThatGuy

7 hours ago, Norm said:

I'll most likely get a group together and make a guide/ videos.  I remember when I first started owl I had no clue and you're completely correct with what you said in terms of new players most likely coming to try for the first time.

If anyone has any other ideas on how we can help teach people then let us know and we can look at implementing something.

( I will also be making a commands guide for V since things will be working a bit differently). 

10 minutes ago, Vubstersmurf said:

I'll most likely get a group together and make a guide/ videos.  I remember when I first started owl I had no clue and you're completely correct with what you said in terms of new players most likely coming to try for the first time.

If anyone has any other ideas on how we can help teach people then let us know and we can look at implementing something.

( I will also be making a commands guide for V since things will be working a bit differently). 

You still don't have any clue on how to roleplay. :P

45 minutes ago, Fuzion said:

its two different platforms, why would you keep the ban record 

tenor.gif?itemid=10048965

cause it is YOUR history of YOUR previous behaviour

Edited by Syncer

10 minutes ago, Nachtfalke said:

-Andy "Uncatchable" Sims

Still hasn't been caught to this day!

2 hours ago, WonderPlukkie said:

Hmm... should I return to OwlGaming then?

Being dutch is still a perm ban