remolten

Police Auctions

Subject:

Police Auction House

I want to...:

Suggest that the LSPD Create their own auction area on the forums 

Elaboration:

I was doing some casual googling the other day and found out police auctions are a thing in my area, where they bid off various seized, lost, or repossessed goods that are no longer needed from old cases. or have been unclaimed.

So it hit me.

Why don't we have one? I can imagine all sorts of nice cars, tools, jewelry, etc. have probably piled up over the years in that evidence room all us Illegal RP'rs tell stories about, so I don't see any waste in trying to sell them all back off to a highest bidder.

A possible negative could potentially be a small rise in stunt driving, that is if all the cars confiscated were... You know, ricey.

Any thoughts on it?

Even now we are having government section in the auctions. The thing is.. That's been spoken about numerous times and it's on the edge of the legality. I personally like the idea and it's going to be +1 even though I am quite sure someone is going to counter it in no time. 

I think  Government already have one.

Edited by Parrot

We had this a few years ago, it was ended because it was messing up with the economy somewhat. (It was at the point in time when new players started to even out if i remember right)

Edited by TheNeonGuy

Tokens got introduced so players bought "free" cars, people got arrested and their vehicles seized/impounded and it really just ended up becoming a lot full of token vehicles, which could not be sold

1 hour ago, Deuce said:

Tokens got introduced so players bought "free" cars, people got arrested and their vehicles seized/impounded and it really just ended up becoming a lot full of token vehicles, which could not be sold

I'm sorry if this comes off as a stupid question, but...

Can't you just delete the token cars after there is no use of them? 

Because if that's the case, it sounds like the token cars are just a waste of resources and space to just be sitting there, and should be deleted if of no use.

1 minute ago, remolten said:

I'm sorry if this comes off as a stupid question, but...

Can't you just delete the token cars after there is no use of them? 

Because if that's the case, it sounds like the token cars are just a waste of resources and space to just be sitting there, and should be deleted if of no use.

That's what we did, until you realise your inventory equals token vehicles, which equals no vehicles to sell.

2 minutes ago, Deuce said:

That's what we did, until you realise your inventory equals token vehicles, which equals no vehicles to sell.

Could a compromise be made to remedy this?

Maybe designate a room... Or a corner to vehicles that don't have a vehicle token tag on them?

are ALL the cars seized actually token cars? 😧

Edited by remolten

Just now, remolten said:

Could a compromise be made to remedy this?

Maybe designate a room... Or a corner to vehicles that don't have a vehicle tag on them?

are ALL the cars seized actually token cars? 😧

Since the auction of seized vehicle is void, I highly doubt we still check these vehicles. They'd just be deleted when they reach x amount of days. But back then? Surely 85 to 90% were token vehicles. The remaining amount were regular cars with an economy value of basically 0 because everybody could buy these for a dime from the car dealer.

Wow... That's sort of a bummer.

Guess the token vehicles really put a dent into this idea...

That answers everything I needed to know, thanks y'all. ✌️