[Lowering the requirements for burglary and grand theft auto] - Revise

OwlGaming.png

Rule Discussion

Subject:

Lowering the requirements for burglary and grand theft auto

I want to...:

Revise

Elaboration:

Right now, with the current playerbase, I feel like the requirements regarding burglary and etc. is way too high. They're on hold 24/7.
Thoughts?

People report as and when they want to do vehicle and property reports, so that we don't just get an influx of reports when there's not many staff on (Or PD which is the requirement). This way we can still take on reports whilst supervising break ins in a reasonable manner.

9 minutes ago, Vubstersmurf said:

People report as and when they want to do vehicle and property reports, so that we don't just get an influx of reports when there's not many staff on (Or PD which is the requirement). This way we can still take on reports whilst supervising break ins in a reasonable manner.

Why is the on-hold label there in the first place then?

The on hold button is in place to prevent people from creating reports for such things. However if you want to commit either of these while it's on hold; you can still file a report for it. There's just no 100% guarantee it'll be taken.

Pretty sure he's talking about the fact if you wanna rob something but there's only 1 cop ig due to the small exam player base you can't. 

4 hours ago, TheNeonGuy said:

Pretty sure he's talking about the fact if you wanna rob something but there's only 1 cop ig due to the small exam player base you can't. 

this

What is the exact change that you are proposing while maintaining a balance?

removing the on hold shit, something needs to be done before the server dies out.

7 hours ago, Silent said:

What is the exact change that you are proposing while maintaining a balance?

removing the on hold shit, something needs to be done before the server dies out.

The on hold stuff in game right now is pretty much an old script feature. What we tell admins and always have told them is that they can still accept them whilst they are on hold. It is merely that way so they can be toggled on if there's like a less influx of reports or a lot of admins available. You can still request it and perhaps have to wait a little as the reports don't take priority, but may still be done if the criterias are met in game. If this makes sense to you?

On 7/1/2019 at 5:43 AM, ItsMelodyy said:

The on hold button is in place to prevent people from creating reports for such things. However if you want to commit either of these while it's on hold; you can still file a report for it. There's just no 100% guarantee it'll be taken.

There's just no guarantee that  you won't have to wait 4 hours.

12 hours ago, Silent said:

I thought in your previous reply you were saying "this" in regards to the requirement for police to be available to respond?

Anyway, as Shanks said, the "on hold" button is old but still plays a role. If there is say a bigger event going on or not enough admins online to handle a car theft while they are handling a player report, they are able to tell players to wait. Otherwise, 99% of the time, when a report comes in, it is accepted regardless of the state of the thefts provided there are enough admins.

I'll be sure to ask the admin team to toggle it more often so players are not confused by this.

3 hours ago, Resident said:

There's just no guarantee that  you won't have to wait 4 hours.

If there are admins available and you're waiting 4 hours for a car theft, I'd appreciate a /staff list and a message when that happens. That's unacceptable, obviously.

I agree the on hold feature is out of date, even if an event is going on we can't expect people to respect the on hold labels since we tell them they can still report when it's marked as on hold.

To remove confusion we'll remove those labels. As for your rule suggestion I believe it's no longer required? You were under the assumption that the on hold labels were always on for that reason but they aren't, it's mainly admins forgetting to turn them on