Jump to content
ResidentPeach

[Agricultural Farms Immersion] - Discuss

Recommended Posts

Majority of large farms are used for family RPers. The large farms up in the hill have inactivity protection on them all the time, meaning that players cannot make use of that particular plot. I know that cliff town had interest in one property for farming and such and tried to go about getting the property ICly, but the player never logged on and it still has activity protection till this day.

 

Properties such as that should be realistic, and shouldn't be used for private pools and such. Not many people have gone into agriculture RP though and typically give up. However there is a niche who do want to do it, but cannot due to these ints being hoarded. Certain large farms however, to keep with immersion, could perhaps be monitored and controlled by FT to ensure that only players who wish to RP that sort of thing can make use of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agricultural RP requires you to have a major amount of money to back it up. The equipment and vehicles needed to do it can already go into hundreds of thousands, and then probably paying a few players to help along with the farm.

 

Though, yeah, a lot of them are inactive right now and not used for the agricultural aspect of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ResidentPeach said:

Norm don't be retard, I've made the thread for a reason.

I am sorry I am not being a 'retard' just being honest lol. You can never enforce players to RP farm stuff if they doesnt want to. As long as they own the propety that cant be taken off them neither unless they are force-sold. Do I like suggestion, yes I personally do. As mogs made it very clear above all the farms got inactivity protection and owned by statwhores.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Norm said:

I am sorry I am not being a 'retard' just being honest lol. You can never enforce players to RP farm stuff if they doesnt want to. As long as they own the propety that cant be taken off them neither unless they are force-sold. Do I like suggestion, yes I personally do. As mogs made it very clear above all the farms got

inactivity protection and owned by statwhores.

Don't be a pantomath, just admit that you missed the point of the thread, I'll say it for the third and last time now. The thread is meant to encourage and bring about change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that rules need to be changed when it comes to properties like these. I've personally encountered a lot of such type of properties all being stat-whored by ONE SINGLE PERSON who I am not going to name (but everyone knows who it is). These properties should be exclusively given to those players who are willing to do farm RP and whatnot. The rule for these properties can be changed in such a way that these properties will be set to 'owned by NO ONE' and if a player shows interest in farm RP, they can approach UAT with a contact and ask to be given the property for an IC price then they can RP on the property as long as they can and once done they can give it back to UAT and get 66% of the price. That way, the property will be of some use and won't be stat-whored. But yeah, then comes the question of how do we categorize which type of property will come under this rule and stuff.

 

tl;dr - i like the idea of getting a new rule for this and i am all for getting these properties removed from people who stat-whore them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bigtone said:

Agricultural RP requires you to have a major amount of money to back it up. The equipment and vehicles needed to do it can already go into hundreds of thousands, and then probably paying a few players to help along with the farm.

 

Though, yeah, a lot of them are inactive right now and not used for the agricultural aspect of it.

Modern equipment/vehicles without a doubt, however the older stuff which does just as good of a job is very affordable. But you're right along with what Mogs has touched on, you have to be someone who has a specific interest in it.

4 minutes ago, Script said:

The rule for these properties can be changed in such a way that these properties will be set to 'owned by NO ONE' and if a player shows interest in farm RP, they can approach UAT with a contact and ask to be given the property for an IC price then they can RP on the property as long as they can and once done they can give it back to UAT and get 66% of the price.

Or perhaps for free considering the actual work that would go into the roleplay would warrant it. Good idea though mate, at least some team needs to have some consistant oversight on these kind of properties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's 1 farm place, on the side of mountain/cliff that was burnt down, etc. It was owned by someone but by now no-one owns it I believe. Fairly good size of farm + plenty of opportunities there. Also, why isn't MT creating more farms? There has been a lot of player/faction requested mappings from 1 cab size up to a private gated community farm (or whatever they are being called as). It's always easy to point the finger and say you want this or that, but a lot of people worked hard to get those properties (time-consuming mostly). I like the idea, but it's again another of those ideas, how to restrict people from keeping to their properties when they are busy with RL or have possibilities to return to the gaming (just takes some time). Bigtone also brought out a fairly clear point, the vehicles already are going to be pretty price at the total. Along with to count that you can't run a farm solo from day to day basis, proper functional farms have employees to keep the growth steady and healthy. Just giving my opinion about that discussion. No need to start bashing me cause I won't be taking part in this discussion anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Maboo said:

Also, why isn't MT creating more farms?

Because there are plenty already as long as they're fairly handed out to people instead of left to be turned into residential conversions to store cars and host family parties at every blue moon.

 

27 minutes ago, Maboo said:

There's 1 farm place, on the side of mountain/cliff that was burnt down, etc. It was owned by someone but by now no-one owns it I believe.

I noticed that one and it should've been restored by now so perhaps that's another thing MT can check out.

 

28 minutes ago, Maboo said:

It's always easy to point the finger and say you want this or that, but a lot of people worked hard to get those properties (time-consuming mostly).

What's your definition of working hard? If it employs sitting in a faction and farming paychecks, or selling a bunch of overvalued cars then I don't consider that hard work and instead awful development.

 

30 minutes ago, Maboo said:

Bigtone also brought out a fairly clear point, the vehicles already are going to be pretty price at the total.

image.png.773e4250f9c86a7c486858fe3a9961da.png

image.png.a2fed6e3938966e435b762637b10cdee.png

 

That's a majority of arable crops partially covered, it certainly is affordable especially if you're willing to take out a loan that you don't have to pay back after a while.

 

36 minutes ago, Maboo said:

Along with to count that you can't run a farm solo from day to day basis, proper functional farms have employees to keep the growth steady and healthy.

Not entirely true and I say that because it's possible but it just takes a little longer, plenty of lone farmers in the real world because they can't afford to employ a part time farm hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ResidentPeach The one you're on about that's owned in the story mode has like 600+ days of inactivity protection on it, so sadly it'll never be un-togged due to the person not playing the server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DylanW said:

@ResidentPeach The one you're on about that's owned in the story mode has like 600+ days of inactivity protection on it, so sadly it'll never be un-togged due to the person not playing the server.

Exemptions need to be made, perhaps this can also go into another suggestion surrounding the inactivity protection as a whole for when it's prohibiting people from actively using the properties for roleplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like it could also be done that way that the players who own the farms get refunded the price of the farms in full if they aren't using it, though it'd be very hard to do any of it without causing major outrage in the community from the players who own the farms. Though, the whole ''FT giving out farms to people when they need them'' thing sounds very good to me: as long as there's active RP, it stays on the person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see more farm RP as a whole and would like to see more discussion on how we can change things to get this running. At the end of the day opportunities should be made for people to expand and develop as they see fit. 

 

Those stating 'this will never change things', well it already is by getting a discussion going. We have to have the mindset of not saying 'no' to everything but look at saying okay how can we get this sorted.

 

Perhaps we could look at other unmapped areas where people could potentially buy land for a price that is discounted by government as long as they sell Gov part of their product e.g. legal VM. This then brings opportunity for Gov to get more involved with people. You could then have public works and any construction companies building farms and pitching in (or this could be passived). Once a farm has been built people can work there and build their own business up. Gov then could buy product there that could be turned into other business deals just like real life - again could work like legal Vming.

 

As for the price of vehicles this could be added to a government incentive or be discussed by ft as at the end of the day us in FT want to encourage different roleplay.

 

Obviously this would need further discussion and development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bigtone said:

Agricultural RP requires you to have a major amount of money to back it up. The equipment and vehicles needed to do it can already go into hundreds of thousands, and then probably paying a few players to help along with the farm.

 

Though, yeah, a lot of them are inactive right now and not used for the agricultural aspect of it.

I was actually into agricultural roleplay a long time ago with @Tidemo when he owned that massive farm overlooking the San Fierro airport, it was pretty fun while it lasted...

Sadly, the VM for agriculture wasn't that far advanced when he owned it, so he sold it for some reason... Guess he got tired of paying the taxes on something he earned nothing from...

 

Wouldn't mind getting into farming roleplay again, as it is pretty fun to me, farming is a large part of the economy where I live in the real world.

 


 

18 minutes ago, BusterAces said:

agriculture is still something i personally would love doing and if anyone is also interested feel free to shoot me a pm.

I've a few characters with 7-8 vehicle slots. If you're still looking to get into farming when I get unbanned, I'd happily roleplay with ya and sacrifice some of them slots to house equipment for the farm.

Edited by Dylanjeter1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ResidentPeach said:

image.png.773e4250f9c86a7c486858fe3a9961da.png

image.png.a2fed6e3938966e435b762637b10cdee.png

That's a majority of arable crops partially covered, it certainly is affordable especially if you're willing to take out a loan that you don't have to pay back after a while.

 

Yeah, if you buy older equipment farming can actually be gotten into fairly cheaply... People always think you gotta buy newer or brand new equipment, which is false...

I do like the idea of agricultural roleplay, but the FMT never helped out with the idea much until recently... But by the time they did introduce FT assistance, the farms were already owned by statwhores or by people who have seemingly quit the community and spent all of their GC on protection.

Edited by Dylanjeter1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dylanjeter1 said:

I was actually into agricultural roleplay a long time ago with @Tidemo when he owned that massive farm overlooking the San Fierro airport, it was pretty fun while it lasted...

Sadly, the VM for agriculture wasn't that far advanced when he owned it, so he sold it for some reason... Guess he got tired of paying the taxes on something he earned nothing from...

On 2/7/2019 at 6:16 PM, Dylanjeter1 said:

Yeah, I remember @Tidemohad a fuck ton of farming equipment before but the FMT didn't want to supply money to him if he RO'd farming because "it didn't promote mass roleplay" or something like that.

Either a virtual market system for farming didn't exist or it did make your mind up. I created the system and it was fine for some time in regards to monetary payments, I understand it was eventually stopped for some time however it doesn't mean the faction team have ever shy'd away from supporting it.

 

Just for some further clarification, you can currently earn money from farming and it has been like that since the last faction team update as I've quoted below. All you need to do is just have evidence of your roleplay sent via a public contact and it's all handled from there.

 

Quote

Legal Virtual Market

After much request, we've put together a legal virtual market. It is very broad in scope and aims to promote more legal roleplay. To evaluate these requests, policies and procedures have been put in place which require several faction team members to perform the evaluation to come up with the best outcome for every individual circumstance. The information at the top of the form really provides a great explanation of what we expect from people who submit the form and how it operates.

 

ybae7o2t

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ResidentPeach said:

Either a virtual market system for farming didn't exist or it did make your mind up. I created the system and it was fine for some time in regards to monetary payments, I understand it was eventually stopped for some time however it doesn't mean the faction team have ever shy'd away from supporting it.

 

Just for some further clarification, you can currently earn money from farming and it has been like that since the last faction team update as I've quoted below. All you need to do is just have evidence of your roleplay sent via a public contact and it's all handled from there.

 

 

 

There was a time when they were paying him, then there was also a time where they weren't paying him. Must've been the period of time you stated that they stopped for some time.

Dunno, haven't talked to Tidemo in a while since his departure from Owl... I only mentioned what he told me in-game back when we were both IC'ly a farming family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Parrot said:

They are really BIG RICERS AND HAULERS.

Jeez your dedication to spam posts is so good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and follow our Guidelines.