Irrtadum

[General] - Tweaks to the current fishing system.

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Tweaks to the current fishing system.

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
General

What is the suggestion?-
Currently the fishing system in the server could use some tweaking.

1) You cannot fish on the shore, only in a vessel of any sort, which makes no sense whatsoever. You should be able to fish at almoust any body of water.

2) Every time you do not reel in your line when something is biting, it snaps. This makes no sense whatsoever, just because you did not reel in does not mean your 7 foot STEEL fishing rod should instantly snap, instead of snapping every time, the thing biting could just get away.

3) Add a VERY small chance of fishing something valuable which you could sell, might make it more interesting. And also add a slight chance to fish up some junk too like seaweed or a boot.

What are the advantages?-
Will make it more realistic, less frustrating, fun. And might bring in new players to the seas which currently do not see much action..

What are the disadvantages?-

None, that I can see.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
None.

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
Script wise I do not know, but at least for
(2) At least make it a more random system with a random roll involved.

Edited by Irrtadum
Typos

I personally think that as of now that won't be taken for priority with the flood being around the corner and whatnot. And without what I just said, it's a scripted job (not even that popular one) at the end of the day. I doubt anyone is going to be doing it with more than 20-30 hours even. The scripting part is eventually not as hard ( @Sergeant to correct me if wrong ) but I guess it's just not the time for it now. Otherwise ait', +1 here.

3 minutes ago, BremboBG said:

I personally think that as of now that won't be taken for priority with the flood being around the corner and whatnot. And without what I just said, it's a scripted job (not even that popular one) at the end of the day. I doubt anyone is going to be doing it with more than 20-30 hours even. The scripting part is eventually not as hard ( @Sergeant to correct me if wrong ) but I guess it's just not the time for it now. Otherwise ait', +1 here.

2 & 3 are indeed not too hard. But for the one it depends, there is no MTA function that checks if you're on the coast of any body of water, so scripters will have to add each coast and lake manually.

Otherwise I agree with your opinion, the updated fishing system is okay in term of money and earnings for the moment, could be updated in the future but however that's not a priority.

+1, would make for some good rp

Before I was Trial Scripter I did some changes to fishing system that made fishes an item. The original plan I had was to allow you to fish from shore but issue is it was either A. use colshapes or B. try somehow test if you was near water. The testing if you was near water kinda worked but had some faults in someparts of the map and colshapes is a whole different story.

Defo do-able just requires finding the best method.

7 minutes ago, Unitts said:

Before I was Trial Scripter I did some changes to fishing system that made fishes an item. The original plan I had was to allow you to fish from shore but issue is it was either A. use colshapes or B. try somehow test if you was near water. The testing if you was near water kinda worked but had some faults in someparts of the map and colshapes is a whole different story.

Defo do-able just requires finding the best method.

What if you were to make fishing pole objects hanging off of like.. the pier for instance.. and make it so you were allowed to fish near that fishing pole model? Or maybe only allow it in the vicinity of the two piers coming off of Santa Maria.