Jump to content
Chaos

Server Event - 2019

Which server wide event should we do?  

109 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which server wide event should we do?


  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/27/2019 at 06:49 AM

Recommended Posts

The music event would probably be the most time consuming to prepare for, and would probably have the worst pay-off and probably won't extend to the whole playerbase. This is something that can be done by players also, I know that @QueenC had something similar planned as a player-ran event, likely through Dinoco so I don't believe it's needed. In terms of choosing who players want there, it'll be a full line-up I assume to showcase each genre but it needs to be somewhat realistic too.

 

I'd like to see something new, as all of the listed events have been done in the past. I enjoy the floods, but it's usually over within a few hours and the aftermath stuff is usually more of an annoyance than enjoyable RP. The past terrorist event which players voted on was never finished as far as I'm aware too so there's not much point doing something like that again, because there was obviously a lack of interest. With the terrorist event though, there was a lot of build up which was nice, and it kept things fresh so I'd like to see more development with whatever event we choose to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mogs said:

I enjoy the floods, but it's usually over within a few hours and the aftermath stuff is usually more of an annoyance than enjoyable RP.

If it's done like NeonGuy suggested it to be done: it'll be good. I already know tens of people that'll enjoy it for sure, and if it's only a week's worth of time or so, maybe even just a few days, it's still gonna bring people closer ICly and create some very good RP from the evacuations, news articles etcetera.

 

Edit: just don't make the water be unrealistically high so there's still space where to be in such as the highways and some upper parts of the city like richman and vinewood etc

Edited by bigtone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigtone said:

If it's done like NeonGuy suggested it to be done: it'll be good. I already know tens of people that'll enjoy it for sure, and if it's only a week's worth of time or so, maybe even just a few days, it's still gonna bring people closer ICly and create some very good RP from the evacuations, news articles etcetera.

I agree. As I said, if there's development behind it, should be all gucci. Usually it's just a quick flood and that's it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'd rather have floods and earthquakes than a boring 2 hour music event that u have nothing to do

Edited by Enzooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fortnitejohnWick said:

only real mfs remember the toxic gas having to go to country side hiding tec9s with the national guard

Real shit, real times, real talk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheNeonGuy said:

The flood event usually tends to be the easiest one to Roleplay since no generics and mapping need to be created on the end of it, that being said, I remember the last flood event we had on owlgaming, I felt the last one was somewhat unrealistic since the water reached the chilliad mountain to a unreasonable height, instead of having it reaching impossible heights for around 3 hours, it would be way nicer for the flood to go around the height of the idlewood roofs, somewhat as a mimic to hurricane catrina's flood level, giving players the chance to easily save themselves, and creating Roleplay for LSPD  and LSFD for a week, having them create a shelter where everyone would hang around and Roleplay  amongst other things. This would give the players some freedom to walk and drive around what's left of the city above water, and meet new people (such was the situation of the new Orleans Super dome, where people from everywhere met each other). After said week is done, gradually begin to lower the flood, a day at a time, being roleplayed the drainage system being unclogged. I don't really expect many of you being into disaster roleplay, but it would bring the entire community closer together as you'd have to literally be in a limited space. 

 

TLTR : The flood event can last a week keeping you role-playing with the others members of the community in a Roleplay hub created by the LSPD and LSFD along with the national guard. 

 

at exactly that event i exited my interior and almost had a stroke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about a flood and then a drake charity concert.  I don't think people are gonna roleplay the aftermath of the flood anyway

Edited by JoGotti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

End of the day we don't technically have to limit ourselves to just do solely one thing. Since obviously there is a demand for a music event then this can also be done by a player ran event which I'm more than happy to look into with others (all about that different roleplay ✌).  So for those looking and thinking oh this will never happen because it hasn't got enough votes, I'll be looking at feedback from here anyway to see what else can be done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, JoGotti said:

How about a flood and then a drake charity concert.  I don't think people are gonna roleplay the aftermath of the flood anyway

Actually a good idea. Some type of disaster which is the main server event, then some sort of charity event to follow. Best of both worlds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, JoGotti said:

How about a flood and then a drake charity concert.  I don't think people are gonna roleplay the aftermath of the flood anyway

Depends on what you mean with aftermath: destruction or something else? I'm positive disabling cars, interiors etc shouldn't happen because that's got a major negative effect on players. Though, the aftermath of debris and so on being on the streets and the electricity being cut would be a nice addition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bigtone said:

Depends on what you mean with aftermath: destruction or something else? I'm positive disabling cars, interiors etc shouldn't happen because that's got a major negative effect on players. Though, the aftermath of debris and so on being on the streets and the electricity being cut would be a nice addition.

It's up to the players, the server shouldn't have to necessarily force it on them, I just don't want to see people drifting around or whatever after a major flood, I've been in multiple natural disasters and it's chaotic days/weeks after obviously we shouldn't be expecting players to be in full distress mode but at least a minor adjustment of your lifestyle can be rped, yeah debris on the road, having to walk to certain places ETC just minor adjustments that would not affect people enjoying their roleplay

Edited by JoGotti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JoGotti said:

It's up to the players, the server shouldn't have to necessarily force it on them, I just don't want to see people drifting around or whatever after a major flood, I've been in multiple natural disasters and it's chaotic days/weeks after obviously we shouldn't be expecting players to be in full distress mode but at least a minor adjustment of your lifestyle can be rped, yeah debris on the road, having to walk to certain places ETC just minor adjustments that would not affect people enjoying their roleplay

Yeah, I agree. Minor things like that make it even more nice. LSPD would get loads of work too because crime and looting would be rampant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheNeonGuy said:

The flood event usually tends to be the easiest one to Roleplay since no generics and mapping need to be created on the end of it, that being said, I remember the last flood event we had on owlgaming, I felt the last one was somewhat unrealistic since the water reached the chilliad mountain to a unreasonable height, instead of having it reaching impossible heights for around 3 hours, it would be way nicer for the flood to go around the height of the idlewood roofs, somewhat as a mimic to hurricane catrina's flood level, giving players the chance to easily save themselves, and creating Roleplay for LSPD  and LSFD for a week, having them create a shelter where everyone would hang around and Roleplay  amongst other things. This would give the players some freedom to walk and drive around what's left of the city above water, and meet new people (such was the situation of the new Orleans Super dome, where people from everywhere met each other). After said week is done, gradually begin to lower the flood, a day at a time, being roleplayed the drainage system being unclogged. I don't really expect many of you being into disaster roleplay, but it would bring the entire community closer together as you'd have to literally be in a limited space. 

 

TLTR : The flood event can last a week keeping you role-playing with the others members of the community in a Roleplay hub created by the LSPD and LSFD along with the national guard. 

QualifiedAntiqueEskimodog-size_restricte

voting for flood thanks to this guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait I have a slightly off the rails idea....

 

What about we have an event, where some sort of government project goes wrong and an EMP goes off by accident, disabling ALL electronics in Los Santos for a short period of time?

 

Imagine a scenario where cars, phones, ATM machines, cameras, etc. are unable to work, how will people live?

Edited by remolten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, remolten said:

Wait I have a slightly off the rails idea....

 

What about we have an event, where some sort of government project goes wrong and an EMP goes off by accident, disabling ALL electronics in Los Santos for a short period of time?

 

Imagine a scenario where cars, phones, ATM machines, etc. are unable to work, how will people live?

/pm 3 lol why atms dont work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, noahcool1111 said:

Assembly infront of City hall where we all floss.

now thats what im talking about

6 minutes ago, remolten said:

Wait I have a slightly off the rails idea....

 

What about we have an event, where some sort of government project goes wrong and an EMP goes off by accident, disabling ALL electronics in Los Santos for a short period of time?

 

Imagine a scenario where cars, phones, ATM machines, cameras, etc. are unable to work, how will people live?

no phones and cameras? lspd gonna have a field day with the robberies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flood has been done so many times, you have a sperg like stimulus if you still enjoy it if after playing through the previous two. I'd suggest something fresh this year. How about an amplified version of the sand/dust storm weather which is still somewhat credible as we're loosely based on California?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and follow our Guidelines.