BremboBG

GAT Report Rating

7 minutes ago, Restrepo said:

Rarely do admins make solo decisions, very unlikely. Admins usually always ask for second opinions etc. Also requesting another admin to handle your situation is stupid as well. If everyone thought oh this admin has a biased against me I want another admin, reports would never get handled. If you think there is an admin being biased report them, I doubt the rating system would do much anyway.

so if I've been having bad altercations with an admin frequently on the forums, IG, w/e or lets say they're in a rival faction and we're gonna do something in relation to their faction it's stupid to ask for another admin?

1 minute ago, JoGotti said:

so if I've been having bad altercations with an admin frequently on the forums, IG, w/e or lets say they're in a rival faction and we're gonna do something in relation to their faction it's stupid to ask for another admin?

Yeah because admins aren't "biased" and if they were they'd be removed/infracted if someone reported them with evidence.  

3 minutes ago, Restrepo said:

Yeah because admins aren't "biased" and if they were they'd be removed/infracted if someone reported them with evidence.  

lol how would you know if they're gonna be biased or not my guy? I expect decisions to go one way when certain admins accept my reports because of previous altercations, we're all human, they can't help it regardless of how you view them

Edited by JoGotti

Seen it in action before and experienced it from the admin side of the fence too.

It sounds like a good idea but people occasionally did abuse it by giving low ratings when they could not reach an agreement with the handling admin.

Overall it just wasnt needed.

4 minutes ago, Script said:

my comment alone got so much backlash, this just shows how unnecessary this whole suggestion itself is. :D

its cuz you said something nice about queencersei 

The problem with the rating system it's not accurate, we wouldn't have enough people to judge it accurately because of, like previously mentioned in the thread salty or people who just don't really care not giving a correct score.

A solution to this would be to sending a UAT contact in giving us this feedback instead of a voting system? Send it in, little points you want to bring up it allows us to see what the communities views are a lot clear in terms of GAT and even other areas in the server.

Alternatively, you can contact myself or any of the other UAT bringing it up :) But just for those who don't know, we do have eyes and ears and we can see who is performing and who isn't. 

Come n' speak to us about this instead of having a voting system, please n thanks x

11 minutes ago, zac said:

The problem with the rating system it's not accurate, we wouldn't have enough people to judge it accurately because of, like previously mentioned in the thread salty or people who just don't really care not giving a correct score.

A solution to this would be to sending a UAT contact in giving us this feedback instead of a voting system? Send it in, little points you want to bring up it allows us to see what the communities views are a lot clear in terms of GAT and even other areas in the server.

Alternatively, you can contact myself or any of the other UAT bringing it up :) But just for those who don't know, we do have eyes and ears and we can see who is performing and who isn't. 

Come n' speak to us about this instead of having a voting system, please n thanks x

fiver and i'll grass, got a lot of dirt on that troll admin @Mogs

5 hours ago, Script said:

my comment alone got so much backlash, this just shows how unnecessary this whole suggestion itself is. :D

^This @BremboBG, some of the comments on this thread proves exactly why this system would not work. Besides, if an admin does a horrible job then they get staff reported, if they do a great job then people can pm them letting them know or put it in the appreciation thread. 

What if we don't want to report you but we just want to give feedback on how you could improve where do we go then? The second we PM you you'll take it as an attack, people even get kicked or banned for it

No. 

User X gets banned for 6 hours for powergaming while he thinks he's innocent.

He comes back after unban, makes a dummy report and attempts to have it accepted by his banning admin (there are numerous ways he can do it). The admin does their job, closes the report. User X rates 1 because he wants to take out the old hate on the admin.

This is just one example. There are countless other ones posted above which support the denial of this suggestion.

On 5/13/2019 at 2:47 PM, jmars said:

People would constantly give low ratings to staff members just because things didn't go their way, I don't think it would be useful.

It's about "customer service". If you can reason and articulate, I think most people don't have issues when things don't know as they wanted to.

42 minutes ago, BusterAces said:

spend a month as staff and you'll change your mind about what u just wrote mate.

that's why I don't work in the field on direct customer service. It's your own choice to be an admin so yeah. It's no argument to say "WELL DUH SPEND A DAY IN MY BOOTS". no I don't because I know it's shit.

Edited by hahhuli

1 hour ago, hahhuli said:

that's why I don't work in the field on direct customer service. It's your own choice to be an admin so yeah. It's no argument to say "WELL DUH SPEND A DAY IN MY BOOTS". no I don't because I know it's shit.

not quite where i was going. my comment was regarding you thinking ppl are mature enough to leave a solid feedback after being denied something.

On 5/13/2019 at 11:48 PM, zac said:

UAT = United Anime Tornado