Jump to content
BremboBG

GAT Report Rating

Recommended Posts

This used to be a thing and got removed. ūü§Ē

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jmars said:

People would constantly give low ratings to staff members just because things didn't go their way, I don't think it would be useful.

I doubt that low rating without any back up to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They evaluate trial admins based on their weekly reports which in my opinion is a good system as any, having a rating system could just ruin the status of some admins, people would constantly give admins low ratings just because they don't like the admin or the situation didn't go their way. Even if there's a reasoning given for the low rating, UAT would still have to filter through everything to find the actual low ratings with real reasons behind them. If you like the work that an admin is putting in, drop them a thank you PM in-game or discord or tell them that they're doing a good job, if you don't agree with an admin's decision, you could always bring it up or report them in the UCP. Just my two cents here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Script said:

There's many downsides to this. Some people just don't like certain admins even if the admin is doing a good job. For example, QueenC would get negative feedback as she already gets so much hate by everyone even though she's a great fucking admin and she does a brilliant job. It won't cut out.

 

I'd say if you wanna give a feedback, just do it on the thread in OOC section where you appreciate admins for their work. As for a briefly explained feedback, you can always send it to one of the UATs, they'd probably appreciate it as long as you are backing up your feedback with legible evidence.

Yeah, that's why I believe that it's to be used for a very general idea for the UAT to keep track on admins (or eventually stick with trials only). And It's not going to be just "rate the admin from 1 to 5 I suppose... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fuzion said:

sorry thats a lie

she does a better job than me. :)

 

4 minutes ago, DxRK said:

They evaluate trial admins based on their weekly reports which in my opinion is a good system as any, having a rating system could just ruin the status of some admins, people would constantly give admins low ratings just because they don't like the admin or the situation didn't go their way. Even if there's a reasoning given for the low rating, UAT would still have to filter through everything to find the actual low ratings with real reasons behind them. If you like the work that an admin is putting in, drop them a thank you PM in-game or discord or tell them that they're doing a good job, if you don't agree with an admin's decision, you could always bring it up or report them in the UCP. Just my two cents here. 

This. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst in a perfect world this would be a good idea, unfortunately like other players have stated this system would be flawed. Admins know first hand when they make a decision that is unpopular with one party and they are always like "get me another admin, you suck" or whatever. Even though the Admin did nothing wrong and just made a unpopular decision that party would still rate the admin poorly making the numbers very skewed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if you had to explain why you rated the admin negatively to discourage people from voting negatively (if it would be a Yes/No system) just for the sake of it and instead they could try provide feedback on why the report was negative. And then when going over the reports, UAT could just disregard/remove useless negative reports like "quincy gae xd lol"?

Then the system could include stuff like the timestamp of the report, the character name, as well as the account name of the raters so if UAT see anything that may be of concern then they could just check logs for the report.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Responses were never even recorded last time.

 

There's just no need. If no issues are brought up then you can assume that the player had his report well handled. Any issues can just go through a staff report rather than this system. We already have seniors who keep an eye on trials anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Restrepo said:

Whilst in a perfect world this would be a good idea, unfortunately like other players have stated this system would be flawed. Admins know first hand when they make a decision that is unpopular with one party and they are always like "get me another admin, you suck" or whatever. Even though the Admin did nothing wrong and just made a unpopular decision that party would still rate the admin poorly making the numbers very skewed.  

there is nothing wrong with asking for another admin if you feel like an admin is going to be biased, admins should not force themselves onto a report that's fishy as fuck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoGotti said:

there is nothing wrong with asking for another admin if you feel like an admin is going to be biased, admins should not force themselves onto a report that's fishy as fuck 

That's not how the system works. If you don't like an outcome you staff report or something, you don't ask for another admin. One admin cannot overrule another admin that is just not how it works, if an admin makes a decision then most likely that is the final decision and usually that decision especially in a big situation is supported by other admins as well. Imagine you reported, didn't like an outcome and asked for another admin and then you didn't like that admins outcome as well. Are you just going to keep asking for more admins till one agrees with you? that is ridiculous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Restrepo said:

That's not how the system works. If you don't like an outcome you staff report or something, you don't ask for another admin. One admin cannot overrule another admin that is just not how it works, if an admin makes a decision then most likely that is the final decision and usually that decision especially in a big situation is supported by other admins as well. Imagine you reported, didn't like an outcome and asked for another admin and then you didn't like that admins outcome as well. Are you just going to keep asking for more admins till one agrees with you? that is ridiculous. 

I'm talking prior to the situation being handled, if you request that another admin deals with the situation it should not be a problem, also I don't see the problem with asking for a second opinion admins are not gods of rp and if we're being honest some of them can't even RP, it's a team for a reason they help each other not make solo decisions especially when there's somebody who doesn't agree with it for a valid reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not particularly against the ability to provide feedback to the administrators with a system like this, that said, I can see where some administrators issues with a feedback system like that come up.

 

Mogs put it pretty good; If a player has a legitimate problem, they will personally take the steps to resolve it themselves, including making their way through the chain of administration, reports, etc. Through this route, their problem can likely be resolved, or in the least rectified. 

 

No /history or criminal record, but in my past, reports are handled quickly, professionally, and to the best of their ability by the administrators (who are likely taking time out of their OWN RP to help) and I personally have no standing complaints for the administration team. This was just my two-cents on the post.

Thanks for whatchu do, Administrative. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JoGotti said:

I'm talking prior to the situation being handled, if you request that another admin deals with the situation it should not be a problem, also I don't see the problem with asking for a second opinion admins are not gods of rp and if we're being honest some of them can't even RP, it's a team for a reason they help each other not make solo decisions especially when there's somebody who doesn't agree with it for a valid reason

Rarely do admins make solo decisions, very unlikely. Admins usually always ask for second opinions etc. Also requesting another admin to handle your situation is stupid as well. If everyone thought oh this admin has a biased against me I want another admin, reports would never get handled. If you think there is an admin being biased report them, I doubt the rating system would do much anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ResidentPeach said:

Moving on though, in all fairness let's not forget that John Cena was once the real G.

 

can't fault that can you, 

 

OG

 

p.s finish ur train tracks on minecraft x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

√ó
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and follow our Guidelines.