DrJoseEviI

[Faction Team] Joint Faction Team-Community Effort #1 | Improving Illegal RP

5 minutes ago, Zebulon said:

You can’t improve illegal RP until you improve the quality of the player base that support an it.

I can't believe i'm biting the bullet and asking this...

But how do we go about and accomplish that?

How do we improve the quality of the player base?

9 minutes ago, remolten said:

By letting people roleplay what they want and not troll them, maybe even respond in a normal timespan or actually support new ideas, weird I know

8 hours ago, remolten said:

Is it possible to get some sort of update as to what has improved, or is planned to be improved, since this post?

Addressing the problem is only half of it.

Actually changing is another.

Here is our latest Faction Team Update

On 7/17/2019 at 1:44 PM, remolten said:

Quality attracts quality. Higher standards, harsher punishments, and more effort being placed on dissuading toxicity. 

13 minutes ago, Zebulon said:

Quality attracts quality. Higher standards, harsher punishments, and more effort being placed on dissuading toxicity. 

Not limiting everything attracts people, not what you said.

9 hours ago, Resident said:

Not limiting everything attracts people, not what you said.

Oh that of course too. But who wants to RP with low IQ butt hurt, powergaming Nibbas who can hardly string together coherent /me? 

On 7/20/2019 at 10:39 PM, Zebulon said:

Oh that of course too. But who wants to RP with low IQ butt hurt, powergaming Nibbas who can hardly string together coherent /me? 

To be honest, I can cope with short /me's and such. Its just the loons who have no common sense. Over time people pick up how to make a proper /me.

2 hours ago, Resident said:

Its just the loons who have no common sense

On 7/20/2019 at 5:39 PM, Zebulon said:

who wants to RP with low IQ butt hurt, powergaming Nibbas

Lack of common sense absolutely destroys every RP scene.

Especially if it devolves into QQ in /b when things don't go your way...

One notable rule that these particular players rely on is:  

You may not rob / steal:

• Property or vehicle keys (unless the player agrees).

Now i'd like to look at the part above that's in bold.

With a lot of anecdotal evidence, (as well as a bunch of reports I've seen people make over the years.) I can safely say that OOC player agreement to hand over vehicle keys in a robbery, makes these specific players feel like they have OOC robbery protection whenever they decide to flex their cars in impoverished neighborhoods. For example:

-Guy drives his nicer than average car into a less than average neighborhood.

-Guy minds his own business while in the area with his nice car.

-Other Guys see an opportunity because they rarely see something as nice as that car in their area.

-Other Guys decide to commit a petty crime and attempt to rob him.

-After some legitimate role play from the Other Guys. The Guy realizes things aren't going his way.

-Guy proceeds to just go into /b, saying things like "(( i want an admin to oversee this before you continue))"  Or "(( this is the worst rp ever though wtf ))" These are real

They proceed to completely disregard the entire idea of "RP now report later." (The only time I see this idea enforced is when PD is arresting someone.)

Cause who would want to do that right? I can just QQ hard enough and get my things back now!

And as a result, he just stops responding to all the /me's and /do's around him, stalling the whole scene for everyone (to which either police, or their telepathic buddies show up.) 

I think the OOC Vehicle Key agreement in player theft is a little OP, especially in instances where players begin to forget using common sense. It needs a nerf so people can actually begin to RP fear of losing their valuable possessions. it'd also encourage people not to leave their nice communities and go exploring in a sports car...

OR

Properly Enforce this idea of "RP now and report later." so people don't instantly jump into OOC when things go south for them.

If there is any flaws in my idea please add on to this.

I am so sorry this turned into a rant @Zebulon     @Resident

7 hours ago, Resident said:

To be honest, I can cope with short /me's and such. Its just the loons who have no common sense. Over time people pick up how to make a proper /me.

Fair point. I also think that the play to win mentality often ruins fantastic development scenarios and that it aggregates a lot of salt which builds resentment and OOC beefs which get drawn across multiple characters and factions. 

3 hours ago, remolten said:

With a lot of anecdotal evidence, (as well as a bunch of reports I've seen people make over the years.) I can safely say that OOC player agreement to hand over vehicle keys in a robbery, makes these specific players feel like they have OOC robbery protection whenever they decide to flex their cars in impoverished neighborhoods.

in that case, you can force him to start the car, get out, then you have it, and this is allowed.

2 hours ago, hook said:

in that case, you can force him to start the car, get out, then you have it, and this is allowed.

Because the end result is them losing their vehicle, they will still sadly devolve into /b and refuse to respond 😕

5 hours ago, JoGotti said:

There is literally no problem with short /me's as long as it explains what you're doing. Long /me's are overzealous and boring to read.

Peeps out here writing a 900 page novel to pull out a cellphone

On 7/17/2019 at 8:44 PM, remolten said:

Dont know if that's possible, we got admins who allow fucking around/trolling and even do it themselves.

Bum has been banned so many times, yet unbanned.

There was a video where mogs, bum and his friends fucked around, trolled, and stunted off hills etc.

Mogs allowing all this, when we contacted Chaos about this, he literally allowed it.

"Fucking around is fine as long as no other players are around or you do it in a no rp zone"

I'm wondering if this is a serious roleplay server or a stunt server.

FT should communicate with UAT and other admins more, instead of making dumb decisions.

Couple months back, FT made "The hoodlums" faction established, justifying it just because they was 'active'.

Chaos, Wright didn't even know about this.

We had to contact them ourselves, the faction was constantly breaking the rules and FT didnt take upon it.

Also why is there illegal FT members who don't know anything about illegal RP?

FT is so inactive too, like three months back we made a FT contact about making crack cocaine,

we never even got it started.

We waited for two weeks or more, gave out the locations and everything needed.

FT just takes too long with the contacts, aint trying to wait two weeks to get something started in a RP server.

Vubstersmurf and Mrfocus are literally carrying the whole FT.

1 hour ago, eoozy said:

Dont know if that's possible, we got admins who allow fucking around/trolling and even do it themselves.

There was a video where mogs, bum and his friends fucked around, trolled, and stunted off hills etc.

Mogs allowing all this, when we contacted Chaos about this, he literally allowed it.

"Fucking around is fine as long as no other players are around or you do it in a no rp zone"

owlgaming is still ten times better than LSRP ps mogs doesn't have /history of 36 deathmatch records 10 powergaming and 7 metagaming through /pm's ingame. Plus If Chaos said that then that's considered as a rule since his word is strong as christian bible does

Also I think people really should stop complaining about bum lol he literally doesn't care whatever people say to him he just comes to fuck around and disappears usually. 

1 hour ago, Norm said:

owlgaming is still ten times better than LSRP ps mogs doesn't have /history of 36 deathmatch records 10 powergaming and 7 metagaming through /pm's ingame. Plus If Chaos said that then that's considered as a rule since his word is strong as christian bible does

Also I think people really should stop complaining about bum lol he literally doesn't care whatever people say to him he just comes to fuck around and disappears usually. 

shurrup

exactly what my eetu said.... 

1 hour ago, eoozy said:

Ten times better than LSRP? Nah.

Maybe you think so just because the economy is fucked and have only seen the Idlewood street factions.

But LSRP's illegal faction scene is ten times better than Owlgaming's.

I played there, and the RP experience was ten times better than Owlgaming's sub-par RP community.

You don't have to wait from thirty minutes to an hour just to get something done, you don't have to wait

3 weeks to get something done through Forums.

There actually is RP there, and there is people that don't only care about money or other assets, in Owlgaming

most of the active roleplayers only care about that.

You don't have every other legal roleplayer being british and owning a CCWP.

The cops there aren't on-duty 24/7 and they actually RP instead of being robocops.

I don't even play there but what you said aint true at all.

What you said just proved my point, this is supposed to be a text-based ROLEPLAY.

Not a stunt/freeroam server, because that's what it feels like right now, hmm I wonder where

the playerbase went.

Yeah it's probably the exams or the holidays man.

6 hours ago, eoozy said:

Out of all the true shit you just dropped on this thread, which will most likely get deleted, this shit right here the most accurate and hard hitting of it all.

On 4/7/2019 at 10:40 AM, Norm said:

He started playing earlier 2018, he probably didn't get what you meant by Illegal RP school. He was taught illegal RP by Diego in Liverpool KFC Crew. Don't mind him.

Your bad RP and fucked attitude doesn’t help this server one bit. I’ve seen people get forced app with better English then you. 

This is lowkey too late, most of the people I know that care about this server have already tried many times only to be shut down by either the toxic community or the corrupt staff members which pushed them to get over owl soooooooo