DrJoseEviI

[Faction Team] Joint Faction Team-Community Effort #1 | Improving Illegal RP

1 minute ago, Yannick said:

I'll be responding first to this one, as that one is the easiest. I rather passive RP and get some unique RP in Owl instead of gaining stuff out of it. Wouldn't it be nice to disable the ATMs for like 10 minutes for example. Scriptwise we can do this easily, as we just make them not able to insert a card (which we already got as a sort of functionality, referencing to the function that checks if there's a card in else block the insertion.) But stuff like that have small impacts, but it's new. Either make it like some server event otherwise where we could involve more parts of our community. I do understand it isn't really FT related, but in general it's an idea that could be done.

This can never be resolved, simple as it is. There are a few things I had in mind though which could improve it. As you know we got the Owl events faction. It's UA alts that host events to get the community roleplaying. Instead of keeping this to UA, what about involving some players from the community? Not for events but supporting illegal RP. Help new factions with new leaders that haven't lead a faction before. Show them RP wise what's good and what you rather can't do, take some risks and then later leave it once they are settled with good leadership. Aswell lower the faction establishment standard for that, let the faction have proper backstories on how their members found the gang and what theirs are. Only then you know they done proper RP and it's being improved. They got to do more criminal RP in order to become a hood boy. You guys can easily monitor the factions and then give them proper feedback on their members and roleplay. If a member has some weir ass backstory, you atleast know something's up. With that you guys can properly monitor the factions and make sure even these friend based factions do roleplay properly.

Just my thoughts, I shouldn't talk too much about illegal RP as I am not a real expert.

Disabling ATMs is hardly "hacking" them, and it still doesn't have script support (also wouldn't worth being added for 10 minutes). By passive RP I don't mean not gaining anything, you can gain money from passive RP with VMs, by passive I mean there is no interaction with other players on the server.

There is nothing blocking players from hosting events. Ben did one recently. I don't follow your solution as "lower faction establish standard", there are side effects to that and the requirements to get an F3 are already very low. Everything else you stated already happens. Factions are usually assigned someone in FT to handle most of their public contacts and checking up on them for when it comes around time for FT to discuss promoting the faction. If we notice poor backstories the factions don't move up and we are receptive in providing feedback to them as to why if they make a contact or just discord their assigned faction team member.

45 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Disabling ATMs is hardly "hacking" them, and it still doesn't have script support (also wouldn't worth being added for 10 minutes). By passive RP I don't mean not gaining anything, you can gain money from passive RP with VMs, by passive I mean there is no interaction with other players on the server.

There is nothing blocking players from hosting events. Ben did one recently. I don't follow your solution as "lower faction establish standard", there are side effects to that and the requirements to get an F3 are already very low. Everything else you stated already happens. Factions are usually assigned someone in FT to handle most of their public contacts and checking up on them for when it comes around time for FT to discuss promoting the faction. If we notice poor backstories the factions don't move up and we are receptive in providing feedback to them as to why if they make a contact or just discord their assigned faction team member.

Assigning an FT only happens when the faction is established. It's mainly about promoting players without experience to start/try illegal RP. If there's no support from people or tips/tricks they won't start one. It's pretty much right now a black hole for potentional new leaders that want to start an illegal faction. I'd rather see FT helping these out with multiple chars related. Like asian typed alts, groove street types, rednecks and whatever exists these days. They just RP along with these new factions and help/guide them with their start.

12 hours ago, Jola said:

How can you have people who've never roleplayed illegal characters apart of Illegal FT? They have no knowledge of how anything works, how can they assist factions or even understand their ideas? 

FT works together as a team, so just because you had a legal RPer sending your answer regarding your FT contact doesn’t mean said person was acting alone. Please stop assuming that you were denied over these reasons, besides the member who contacted you got plenty of knowledge. If you got anymore concerns please contact one of our FT members by PMing them instead of kicking of things by posting public comments trying to have a go at us. 

12 hours ago, Jola said:

How can you have people who've never roleplayed illegal characters apart of Illegal FT? They have no knowledge of how anything works, how can they assist factions or even understand their ideas? 

What QueenC said is true. Contacts aren't handled alone. They're handled by a group of people who vote on them and make a collaborative decision. 

I believe people lost interest in making factions/joining due to people brings up an idea of a crminal operation they have to make a FT contact which can take time and long waiting kills motivation.

Too much forum playing instead of ingame playing which i believe killing the illegal scene.

Solution for this could be, make up rules and guides for the admin team and remove the FT. Stop restrict peoples ideas just because your lazy, try put more activity in the game instead of putting more requirement to the forum.

Edited by Lafuqs

6 hours ago, Lafuqs said:

Solution for this could be, make up rules and guides for the admin team and remove the FT. Stop restrict peoples ideas just because your lazy, try put more activity in the game instead of putting more requirement to the forum.

This is simply not viable. The real solution is to have factions be more autonomous and need less hand holding. It has nothing to do with being "lazy", it has to do with ensuring RP quality and the amount of things FT offers in the form of VMs requires a lot of work.

5 hours ago, Jordan said:

Allow any illegal faction to become official, regardless of what type it is. 

Can you clarify? There is no such restriction.

On 4/7/2019 at 12:40 AM, ResidentPeach said:

Fair enough, so basically this is how it goes. When you're repetatively scrutinized out of character for each induvidual interaction you have following a situation you was involved in, albeit usually a negative act towards someone else or another faction that instigated everything. Believe it or not this actually pisses people off eventually, and can also influence in-character actions if the person on the receiving end doesn't want about 6-8 people bashing them again because of the stereotype/stigma held over them.

This amplifies when the rest of the faction is involved, that's clearly what happened to Khram when the problem was with a few induviduals and it somehow expanded to the entire faction being the problem. I mean don't you remember when the faction was effectively killed off for the very issues I'm bringing up?

That's as brief and articulated as I can put it for you without having to write paragraphs.

I kinda see what you mean. And it especially rings true if one character has built up a reputation of being a shit disturber (even if everything they do is completely in character, and they actuallly have purpose behind it), people tend to get annoyed by this and either don't want to play with any other characters on your account, or they may decide to target your other characters.

I've never had this happen to me, and to be honest I haven't actually seen it happen to people, but I can imagine that people would get pissed off/annoyed enough to do that. Just because one character is a bit of a tool doesn't mean thats how they carry themselves on their other characters

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

This is simply not viable. The real solution is to have factions be more autonomous and need less hand holding. It has nothing to do with being "lazy", it has to do with ensuring RP quality and the amount of things FT offers in the form of VMs requires a lot of work.

Hand holding and somebody actually limiting something or there being limits to something is different, without the admin team and FT a faction can only; Passively RP, Rob People, Stand around the block, open a bar. The server is admin dependent to an extent, you can't put that on factions, you need admins to do most criminal activities, people volunteer to do these jobs, nobody asked them to apply, they should be able to cover the work that comes with it.

3 hours ago, JoGotti said:

Hand holding and somebody actually limiting something or there being limits to something is different, without the admin team and FT a faction can only; Passively RP, Rob People, Stand around the block, open a bar. The server is admin dependent to an extent, you can't put that on factions, you need admins to do most criminal activities, people volunteer to do these jobs, nobody asked them to apply, they should be able to cover the work that comes with it.

To an extent it is yes, but most of those things you described can be handled by /report not forums as OP stated.

I remind that this thread is about solutions, if you have ideas that can solve some of these issues please speak up. Reducing hand holding is difficult as it often introduces RPG elements that people hate.

15 hours ago, Jordan said:

Allow any illegal faction to become official, regardless of what type it is. 

Don’t think that’ll happen.

> Street gang = cartel ok.

22 hours ago, Lafuqs said:

they have to make a FT contact which can take time and long waiting kills motivation.

The waiting time aren’t even that long anymore. 

20 hours ago, Chaos said:

@DrJoseEviI summed it up. He’s basically saying cartels and the big groups can only get official. 

As as far as I knew, faction statuses went on the quality of roleplay of the faction itself and those that are key players to the server. 

Yes looking at it from a realistic point point of view, cartels and large groups are bound to have more contacts, which essentially is put into place here to restrict what factions can get official. 

The only problem here is that the official factions and big fishes don’t mix. It’s either a cartel, mafia or redneck group that doesn’t like black gangs (Which is a large quantity of the illegal factions.) it’s been said countless times that people have lost interest because there’s little to no support, it’s always “go to the official

faction for that”, but it’s sort of tricky to do when a faction that has connections to them now has problems with you because the official faction has problems with you.

10 hours ago, DrJoseEviI said:

Don’t think that’ll happen.

> Street gang = cartel ok.

Edited by Jordan

Gangs can receive a similar status to official, this has always been the case. However they may not receive certain perks purely because it wouldn't make any realistic sense to have them. For example there would be a difference to what a gang would get compared to a Mafia.

4 hours ago, Jordan said:

@DrJoseEviI summed it up. He’s basically saying cartels and the big groups can only get official. 

As as far as I knew, faction statuses went on the quality of roleplay of the faction itself and those that are key players to the server. 

Yes looking at it from a realistic point point of view, cartels and large groups are bound to have more contacts, which essentially is put into place here to restrict what factions can get official. 

The only problem here is that the official factions and big fishes don’t mix. It’s either a cartel, mafia or redneck group that doesn’t like black gangs (Which is a large quantity of the illegal factions.) it’s been said countless times that people have lost interest because there’s little to no support, it’s always “go to the official

faction for that”, but it’s sort of tricky to do when a faction that has connections to them now has problems with you because the official faction has problems with you.

There shouldn't be any reason they'd have a problem with said gang unless something happens icly.

On 4/7/2019 at 6:26 AM, ResidentPeach said:

I wouldn't be against suggesting that a ramification should be made for factions whom encourage toxicity. I think as of late the strong amounts of leniency towards toxicity has really fustrated a few people to the point of just leaving the illegal community. I know this is yet again opening the same old can of worms so to speak, but take Khram for example which endured a stupid level of out of character expressed toxicity. All it usually takes is particular members in a faction who've had a stereotype or stigma held over them prohibiting them from actually taking part in absolutely anything unless if they were willing to receive turbo nonces having a go at them somewhere.

It's not even about the roleplay anymore, it's about the people behind the characters and their reputation and that's in my opinion what has made it feel shit as of late. People can't help but look beyond the characters, and that really needs to change but it won't happen without this leniency being toned down some time soon. If people had real concerns with other factions, they'd be in reports not on the forum or general Discord and it's all to obviously provoke a reaction or to genuinely sit in an orgy.

There's other issues that people will post here, but I don't personally think they're as critical as this one.

Well said.