DrJoseEviI

[Faction Team] Joint Faction Team-Community Effort #1 | Improving Illegal RP

4 minutes ago, kicklighter said:
there’s no encouragement for some criminal rpers to roleplay, because it’s the same formula all the time (vm, car chopping u name it) but take a step further and offer something unusual and u will be waiting for UA to sort their shit out for half a year before anything can be hammered into motion (a great example is the vehicle export scheme)

Would you be able to elaborate a bit more? I think I understand what you're trying to get at (sort of). Vehicle exports are already a thing, and have been for a while.

Edit: I also have plans to suggest regular monthly "events" for factions, that revolve around selling contraband.

Edited by DrJoseEviI

4 minutes ago, Jola said:

There should also be more money rewarded for VM

VM can actually be very rewarding it all just depends on what you’re selling and where you’re selling it. 

13 minutes ago, Andreww said:

VM can actually be very rewarding it all just depends on what you’re selling and where you’re selling it. 

That's the point, gangs sell stepped on coke, pills, hero to an extent and weed. Regardless of the area, they're selling it to fiends, they'd still make cash. You can't expect a gang to go to Marina to sell drugs

4 minutes ago, Jola said:

That's the point, gangs sell stepped on coke, pills, hero to an extent and weed. Regardless of the area, they're selling it to fiends, they'd still make cash. You can't expect a gang to go to Marina to sell drugs

Yeah that’s true but recently the drug prices have gone down in some LS areas due to IC reasons. Weed obviously doesn’t sell for much regardless cus it’s weed. Meth on the other hand is a cheaper drug. Imo cocaine should be the most expensive drug. All the prices change depending on the location but the prices went down in east ls due to ic events. For example, angel pine, blueberry, dillimore. Places in the country side where there are more hillbillies etc. Those are areas where you may see heroin or meth have higher prices for example. 

Edited by Andreww

2 minutes ago, ResidentPeach said:

I wouldn't be against suggesting that a ramification should be made for factions whom encourage toxicity. I think as of late the strong amounts of leniency towards toxicity has really fustrated a few people to the point of just leaving the illegal community. I know this is yet again opening the same old can of worms so to speak, but take Khram for example which endured a stupid level of out of character expressed toxicity. All it usually takes is particular members in a faction who've had a stereotype or stygma held over them prohibiting them from actually taking part in absolutely anything unless if they were willing to receive turbo nonces having a go at them somewhere.

It's not even about the roleplay anymore, it's about the people behind the characters and their reputation and that's in my opinion what has made it feel shit as of late. People can't help but look beyond the characters, and that really needs to change but it won't happen without this leniency being toned down some time soon. If people had real concerns with other factions, they'd be in reports not on the forum or general Discord and it's all to obviously provoke a reaction or to genuinely sit in an orgy.

There's other issues that people will post here, but I don't personally think they're as critical as this one.

How does that have anything to do with illegal RP and the illegal RP scene, how does someone hurting your feelings ooc stop you from going IC and creating RP?

Edited by Jola

Just now, Jola said:

How does that have anything to do with illegal RP and the illegal RP scene, how does someone hurting you feelings ooc stop you from going IC and creating RP?

Read it then I'd be encouraged to respond if you still don't understand it.

2 minutes ago, ResidentPeach said:

Read it then I'd be encouraged to respond if you still don't understand it.

I did and it doesn't add up,  regardless of how someone is OOC, when you hop in game it's IC, you deal with IC characters how should their OOC actions discourage you from roleplaying with your group of people

8 minutes ago, Jola said:

I did and it doesn't add up,  regardless of how someone is OOC, when you hop in game it's IC, you deal with IC characters how should their OOC actions discourage you from roleplaying with your group of people

Fair enough, so basically this is how it goes. When you're repetatively scrutinized out of character for each induvidual interaction you have following a situation you was involved in, albeit usually a negative act towards someone else or another faction that instigated everything. Believe it or not this actually pisses people off eventually, and can also influence in-character actions if the person on the receiving end doesn't want about 6-8 people bashing them again because of the stereotype/stigma held over them.

This amplifies when the rest of the faction is involved, that's clearly what happened to Khram when the problem was with a few induviduals and it somehow expanded to the entire faction being the problem. I mean don't you remember when the faction was effectively killed off for the very issues I'm bringing up?

That's as brief and articulated as I can put it for you without having to write paragraphs.

Edited by ResidentPeach

1 hour ago, bigtone said:

It hasn't even been more than 3-4 months or so since illegal RP was booming. Gangs flourished and even Bratva was active. The reason why it's dying now is that there is a certain UA supported gang that want to, at all costs, take out every other gang or control them. That's a partial reason why ABZ was L&A'ed. As well as the fact that most of the good gang RP'ers have taken their leave now due to a new server coming up, and most will not come back unless Owl's playerbase goes up drastically and somehow illegal RP gets revived. It's an endless, possibly impossible to close loop as nobody wants to return to start it up again themselves, so nobody else is couraged to do so.

P.S: nothing is wrong with the VM system lol it already pays a fuckton but yeah gangs should be encouraged more to find real players to sell to

yeah pretty much bigtone explained it.

10 hours ago, Jola said:

People have to wait for hours to do robberies or even petty shit that is on par with the development of their characters, a few people also complain about their ideas being shut down by FT or taking ages to get accepted or responded to.

You are able to staff report admins who ignore reports. UA is able to easily check if they did. I encourage you to do so as I don't particularly enjoy being ignored either.

10 hours ago, Jola said:

I get the topic, but this is the wrong approach, just because you personally get to roleplay with your crew doesn't mean that the illegal RP on the server is booming, there hasn't been a drug scene in the server in ages, brearly any street dealing, people buy drugs to VM and that alone is not fun. I haven't seen a gang prosper in the server in ages becuase there's the mentality of Gangs can't be official because they're gangs and are unorganized. Things like this discourage people from playing.

Street Gangs normally don't meet the criteria for official status. Official factions are normally organizations who are, or have international ties. They have means of procuring larges products and have connections to out of state and out of country organizations that would be able to supply them consistently and in bulk. I wouldn't mind street gangs getting official status, minus the regular large quantity drops they realistically wouldn't get. The only difference between being a normal faction and being official is your supply connections. Official factions get their product wholesale from FT to then distribute to lower tier factions via the spider web connection. Street gangs are apart of this connection, and they'd still be receiving large quantities, the only difference is that their product isn't mass imported once they first get it, it's already in the the County and ready to be resold in bulk. Of course there are other perks to being official, which I think would be alright for lower tier factions can be able to enjoy once being established for a while. I'll recommend to FT to evaluate some of these perks.

10 hours ago, Jola said:

Gang VM should be different, gangs should be allowed to be on the street and /me selling to someone in their hood without being in one area, it shouldn't be a one-hour thing either, this idea needs to be worked on obviously in detail but, the fact that a gang would have to do /mes for an hour to VM will never add up, they should be able to freely walk around their hood and roleplay selling to local fiends ETC. There should also be more money rewarded for VM, it's motivation to do it frequently.

You are able to VM whatever drug in any location. Certain areas pay more because realistically the demand in those areas would be higher. I understand what you're saying though. You can sell whatever drugs in your turf, but you run the risk of losing profits if you're selling things nobody buys. 

10 hours ago, Jola said:

The police should not try to crack down on gangs and essentially shut them down completely. That's not realistic, groups like the rolling 60s and Fruit Town Piru have been around for ages, there have been a lot of arrest and deaths, yes but they've never been fully shut down, we gotta understand that this is owl, a gang will never have 100 members so allow the 20 to have enough time to do shit before trying to eliminate them.

I've heard of this complaint before, but I have never seen evidence about it. I actually want to see evidence about it, because it genuinely concerns me if PD characters are targeting factions for no reason. From what I have seen so far in these type of scenarios is that a lot of gangs, don't do stuff the clean way, they commit a lot of crime out in the open and bring a lot of attention to themselves, this would normally attract PD to investigate people who are committing these crimes.

10 hours ago, Jola said:

Stuff like ATM and other related scams should be more accessible, methods of generating illegal income is limited on the server.

I support this 100% and I'm sure many other FT members will too.

9 hours ago, ResidentPeach said:

I wouldn't be against suggesting that a ramification should be made for factions whom encourage toxicity. I think as of late the strong amounts of leniency towards toxicity has really fustrated a few people to the point of just leaving the illegal community. I know this is yet again opening the same old can of worms so to speak, but take Khram for example which endured a stupid level of out of character expressed toxicity. All it usually takes is particular members in a faction who've had a stereotype or stigma held over them prohibiting them from actually taking part in absolutely anything unless if they were willing to receive turbo nonces having a go at them somewhere.

It's not even about the roleplay anymore, it's about the people behind the characters and their reputation and that's in my opinion what has made it feel shit as of late. People can't help but look beyond the characters, and that really needs to change but it won't happen without this leniency being toned down some time soon. If people had real concerns with other factions, they'd be in reports not on the forum or general Discord and it's all to obviously provoke a reaction or to genuinely sit in an orgy.

There's other issues that people will post here, but I don't personally think they're as critical as this one.

I agree with this as well, not only having to deal with toxic people who enjoy lying myself but the fact other factions have to deal with it makes it a more widespread issue. You are right that being labeled negatively OOCly repeatedly does cause some negative effect, it puts a bad spot light on factions and people, causing other players to want to avoid them. 

9 hours ago, Jola said:

How does that have anything to do with illegal RP and the illegal RP scene, how does someone hurting your feelings ooc stop you from going IC and creating RP?

I'd like to say this is false, but it is true. Harassing others OOCly and flaming/spamming their faction threads with negative stuff causes poor reception to the rest of the community. 

The other day I actually proposed a fair solution to people being toxic and flaming other factions.

“Toxicity and flaming OOCly against other factions rather than posting admiration or constructive criticism can lead to negative reputation from the Faction Team. We encourage leaders to keep their members in check OOCly to maintain positive and constructive exchange between factions rather than trying to offend, discourage or put down. We expect fair play OOCly and will not give extensive support to factions to fail to contribute positively”

This more or less falls under one of our already existing rules, but I believe it should be more clearly defined.

SEjmA9L.png

First rule under the Server Rules page.

Faction communication OOCly should be pretty neutral, we should be trying to help each other. FT will know who aren't deserving and who are.

2 hours ago, bigtone said:

It hasn't even been more than 3-4 months or so since illegal RP was booming. Gangs flourished and even Bratva was active. The reason why it's dying now is that there is a certain UA supported gang that want to, at all costs, take out every other gang or control them. That's a partial reason why ABZ was L&A'ed. As well as the fact that most of the good gang RP'ers have taken their leave now due to a new server coming up, and most will not come back unless Owl's playerbase goes up drastically and somehow illegal RP gets revived. It's an endless, possibly impossible to close loop as nobody wants to return to start it up again themselves, so nobody else is couraged to do so.

P.S: nothing is wrong with the VM system lol it already pays a fuckton but yeah gangs should be encouraged more to find real players to sell to

Please contact me privately regarding this "UA supported gang", I'd like to look into it personally as this would develop into a staff report. This is similar complaints we have heard in the past such as "UA circle jerks" or w/e, but no one ever really steps forward. I myself have had tickets against UAT Before in the past, and they were handled legitimately, and I have been successful in one that wasn't serious. UAT aren't immune to the rules, what some might think, many people aren't aware of this. This is why I believe a chain of command should be more clearly outlined and how to deal with outcomes/decisions you don't agree with should be knowledge easily accessible to players.

In conclusion with this response, I have added #6 to the list of possible improvements to the main post. I will be forwarding these concerns to FT.

Edited by DrJoseEviI

The only problem me and my friends had whenever trying to set up a criminal group is waiting for literal months for an FMT reply or they simply forget to reply and overly-competitive other illegal factions.

Just now, croozerdog said:

The only problem me and my friends had whenever trying to set up a criminal group is waiting for literal months for an FMT reply or they simply forget to reply and overly-competitive other illegal factions.

Incorrect. FT is always easy to reach. I've always had my answers when I private message or faction inquiry them. I'd personally thank to @Vubstersmurf @DrJoseEviI And @FAILCAKEZ who always tried to be helpful towards my person and my faction issues. 

2 hours ago, Ambidextrous said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

Why not input into the conversation instead of being toxic as always?

1 minute ago, Andreww said:

Why not input into the conversation instead of being toxic as always?

He started playing earlier 2018, he probably didn't get what you meant by Illegal RP school. He was taught illegal RP by Diego in Liverpool KFC Crew. Don't mind him.

Just now, Norm said:

He started playing earlier 2018, he probably didn't get what you meant by Illegal RP school. He was taught illegal RP by Diego in Liverpool KFC Crew. Don't mind him.

Lmao. Figures. 

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Incorrect. FT is always easy to reach. I've always had my answers when I private message or faction inquiry them. I'd personally thank to @Vubstersmurf @DrJoseEviI And @FAILCAKEZ who always tried to be helpful towards my person and my faction issues. 

It's my personal experience, even in your faction. I remember selling cocaine for the mexicans on Marco and waiting 2 months, long after the guy who gave that task to me was dead, to get the payout. Someone accepted it but everyone forgot to notify me. It's a small, understandable error but it still set me back.
Me and @Luigikuik also had this several times with the illegal factions we tried setting up, until he got wiped for violating an unwritten rule.
Happy that they do respond to you though.