vGDavid

Valhalla Gaming David, David Ryker, Neil McCauley, hello.

As the title says, I'm David Ryker / Branford / Chris Yung / Neil McCauley / million other ingame names throughout my four years there. Found this site through Googling vG while looking at old videos with some of my friends from back then.

Any familiar faces here?

(If I break any rules mentioning the other community which I believe is dead(?) can you please just edit out the names. 

I wouldn't think you're breaking the rules because you are only mentioning it and NOT sponsoring it. What was so special about Valhalla Gaming?

Valhalla was definitely interesting.. when I was there we went through four owners? Overdrive, Paulie, Jay Ruck, Yoshira. By the time Yoshira came around, shit was coming to an end and it was quite obvious for everyone. 

Got to the point where DMers and hackers took over the server and forums, owners and scripters were giving up because of the toxicity. I got banned and blacklisted in 2013 with a bunch of other guys and that was the end of that.

It was a wicked fun and tight nit community, which was the issue, because everyone hated each other.

Faction wars, for example, were both in game and out of game. If people had issues with each other in game, they had issues on TS and vice versa. That would turn into flaming and the entire community diving into one Ventrilo channel to listen in on the 15 year old wannabe gang bangers from Maryland call each other the n word and say the other is crusty. 

Toxic community, toxic players, so much stress on my 16 year old mind, but it was all worth it and fun lol

1 hour ago, GamerX27 said:

I wouldn't think you're breaking the rules because you are only mentioning it and NOT sponsoring it. What was so special about Valhalla Gaming?

Valhalla is the reason why Owlgaming and other RP servers exists today. Atleast in MTA.

Edited by Norm

2 hours ago, vGDavid said:

As the title says, I'm David Ryker / Branford / Chris Yung / Neil McCauley / million other ingame names throughout my four years there. Found this site through Googling vG while looking at old videos with some of my friends from back then.

Any familiar faces here?

(If I break any rules mentioning the other community which I believe is dead(?) can you please just edit out the names. 

Haha. Definitely remember the name. I'm still in contact with Brenda btw. Sophia Yields.

Edited by LcLaSouljah
Remembered her name

6 minutes ago, LcLaSouljah said:

Haha. Definitely remember the name. I'm still in contact with Brenda btw. Sophia Yields.

I have her on Facebook haha. What was your name over there?

Craig Jackson. I was in LSPD with both Yields (Anthony and Sophia) for the longest time. 

17 minutes ago, LcLaSouljah said:

Craig Jackson. I was in LSPD with both Yields (Anthony and Sophia) for the longest time. 

That sounds familiar. Remember Mike Perry? He became real life law enforcement, came to my academy graduation as well.

Did he really? That's crazy. He was the chief when I was in PD at the time.

40 minutes ago, vGDavid said:

That sounds familiar. Remember Mike Perry? He became real life law enforcement, came to my academy graduation as well.

aren't u in the us army? military police? i could be wrong

I was still a RPG server noob back then, Owlgaming is still alive and well. Bit of a dip in players but it seems to be recovering a bit lately. GTA V hype though

Joined vG back in 2009.  I remember when Nathan_Daniels attempted to sue other servers for stealing his script/RP concept/design or shit like that.

I don't know if you guys remember Mabako (ex. vG dev who leaked the script that boomed like quadtrillion other RP servers) but damn he was legendary in MTA community for a while. I think he was even MTA developer at some point.

Edited by hahhuli

On 3/12/2019 at 9:15 PM, vGDavid said:

Any familiar faces here?

I've been banned for "advertisement" for posting a meme, come on logic? stop killing the community, can we call this as racism? anyways welcome.