Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThatGuy

Faction Team Update - February 7, 2019

OwlGaming.png

Faction Team Update

Howdy all,

The Faction Team has been hard at work to drastically improve the contact response times. Our number of pending contacts are less than half a dozen at any given time now, due to our changes in streamlining our internal processes and getting more of our policies and guidelines written down so team members are not relying on institutional knowledge to handle certain contact types based on past experience. Instead, a single member can handle a contact easily by themselves most of the time.

Additionally, we've started to add some new VM processes and continue to have our monthly meetings. The February one just wrapped up and here are the results.

Faction Changes

We're in the middle of re-organizing our faction database right now so this is not all of the changes with factions, but a majority of them in the past few months. Going forward, faction changes will be far more detailed and we will publish more regular updates when these changes do occur.

Sparta Inc Established to Official
Western Solutions LLC Established to Official
Convington Trucking LLC Became Incorporated
RSR Corp Became Incorporated
Southside Aztecas (Formerly Almighty Saints) Confirmed to Established
El Sindicato Vallarino Confirmed to Established
SS Asian Boyz Became Confirmed
L'equippagio di Pasadena (The Braggo Crime Family) Became Confirmed
LSMA Official to Incorporated

Virtual Market Expectations

Now at the top of all virtual market forms, we have a list of general criteria that should be followed when submitting the request so there is no lack of communication about what is expected from the player to have a successful virtual market experience. The illegal virtual market for street dealing is shown below as an example.

ycfovf4s

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with this new information.

SAN, Article & Entertainment Virtual Market, and Independent Journalists!

With SAN becoming a defunct faction, we want to continue to encourage players to write articles in the form of news stories, satire, or general entertainment and music. To do this, we have created a virtual market form for players to fill out to receive payment for future and past creations. We want to promote high quality news and entertainment in the in-character space of the server and incentivize players to create their own news companies and factions.

The more independent journalists the better.

Legal Virtual Market

After much request, we've put together a legal virtual market. It is very broad in scope and aims to promote more legal roleplay. To evaluate these requests, policies and procedures have been put in place which require several faction team members to perform the evaluation to come up with the best outcome for every individual circumstance. The information at the top of the form really provides a great explanation of what we expect from people who submit the form and how it operates.

ybae7o2t

The TL:DR version is we are going to start paying players who open businesses which creates a social environment and promotes roleplay for others throughout the server.

Fencing Stolen / Illegal goods

We've recently created a new set of policies and procedures internally for the faction team so that we may begin processing the sale or "fencing" of stolen or illegal goods. There will be a form for this in the near future, however, the general idea is that generic items in game have value. There are a lot of them. Home or business burglaries and player robberies are also relatively common and often result in expensive jewelry, electronics, etc.

While it's great that a lot of players can steal these items, there is nowhere for them to go once stolen. Players currently can only really tediously sell them to other players when in reality, there would be a much bigger market for second-hand items that "fell off the back of a truck".

We want to simulate this market by letting players sell these stolen goods. Right now, this may only be accomplished by official factions. This is to encourage a chain of custody for stolen goods and in reality, an official faction would have the best contacts for offloading stolen goods. This is subject to change and is currently being considered by the team, but the goal is to create more RP by forcing players to interact with each other to sell these illegal goods by making more connections in the criminal underworld.

If you are interested in doing this, until the form is out, you can simply inquire with a regular public contact.

Wholesale Buyback of Guns & Drugs

If players need cash quick, they can trade their guns and drugs for a direct equivilant in value. Players cannot make money by doing this and the whole purpose is to provide a route for guns and drugs to leave the server instead of just destroying them. A simple example to further explain this would be a player is part of an official faction from 6 months ago. They bought 10 guns and when the faction shut down, they still had those 10 guns from their faction team drop. They decide to play on the character again but this time, they want to join a legal faction and leave their criminal past behind. Instead of having to get rid of the guns by destroying them and effectively losing their original investment, they can simply get the same amount of money back that they originally paid for the guns.

We suspect this won't be done very often but enough players have mentioned this in the past which led to the creation of a series of policies and procedures so we can accommodate those players.

General Faction Team Support

With faction interest gone, the ability to wait, save up money, and purchase faction assets like vehicles and properties is gone. To remedy this, in general, we are drastically increasing our faction team support to those who request it. This has been done in the past and we want to be clear that we still continue to allow this.

If you would like an interior or vehicle for your faction to create roleplay, let us know and we'll work with you to provide those assets. A note is put on the interior or vehicle and when it is no longer used, it cannot be sold and is then deleted. This way, there is no financial cost but also no financial gain. It is done purely to create more roleplay.

Faction Updates

Please remember to regularly send faction updates in. At least once a month. Without a recent faction update, we as the faction team cannot support your faction, evaluate your status, etc.

That should be all for now...I think I covered all the bases. You can expect forms soon for the fencing VM and wholesale buyback of drugs & guns. Additionally, expect another update soon about drug production, drug variety, and shop updates.

1 hour ago, Yannick said:

Legal VM, does that include farming too?

9 minutes ago, Vubstersmurf said:

Yes

Well, too bad the farms with decent fields are owned by inactive players, one of which is completely burnt to the ground.

yessirrrrrrrr

1 hour ago, ThatGuy said:

Fencing Stolen / Illegal goods

Glad to see the Legal VM being updated!

By the way, when you mention bars, nightclubs, restaurants, owners will be available to VM the stock that they've ordered from a logistics' company or only booze and food exclusively made by themselves?

3 hours ago, Dylanjeter1 said:

Well, too bad the farms with decent fields are owned by inactive players, one of which is completely burnt to the ground.

too bad the FT was too busy not promoting legal VM when some of the farm owners wanted to create agriculture in the server.  even had the equipment and everything for it.

2 minutes ago, Gazzeh said:

too bad the FT was too busy not promoting legal VM when some of the farm owners wanted to create agriculture in the server.  even had the equipment and everything for it.

Too bad but in that time all the farms were owned by ricers and they wanted to abuse the system instead. And upgrade their /stats

Just now, Norm said:

Too bad but in that time all the farms were owned by ricers and they wanted to abuse the system instead. And upgrade their /stats

you've never been this wrong my guy :) but you do you. how does one abuse legal VM system when it's controlled by FT members.. u smart, u loyal, i appreciate u

1 minute ago, Gazzeh said:

you've never been this wrong my guy :) but you do you. how does one abuse legal VM system when it's controlled by FT members.. u smart, u loyal, i appreciate u

I know for a fact I had friends back in time who owned all the farms and all they wanted was money. This is been a problem in general, people wants to buy a farm and start some country side roleplay and It only lasts 1-2 weeks. 

Just now, Norm said:

I know for a fact I had friends back in time who owned all the farms and all they wanted was money. This is been a problem in general, people wants to buy a farm and start some country side roleplay and It only lasts 1-2 weeks. 

you cant just assume that to everyone tho. it just shows what type of people you hang out with lmao. we actually wanted to create low to high quality roleplay so we could have less people in RS haul for example, but we were told off and that they wouldn't even spawn in the grain for us and that they wont cover the vehicle taxes to make it even. So if we'd have started it, it'd have all been out of our own pockets, and it's not cheap, keeping 400k+ worth of equipment up from your own pocket and pay the wages aswell.

1 minute ago, Gazzeh said:

you cant just assume that to everyone tho. it just shows what type of people you hang out with lmao. we actually wanted to create low to high quality roleplay so we could have less people in RS haul for example, but we were told off and that they wouldn't even spawn in the grain for us and that they wont cover the vehicle taxes to make it even. So if we'd have started it, it'd have all been out of our own pockets, and it's not cheap, keeping 400k+ worth of equipment up from your own pocket and pay the wages aswell.

I am not against the Farm Roleplay myself but It needs to be handled by the people that knows what they are doing or willing to. I never said no one should earn money over it neither but It needs to be roleplayed properly and you have to put your best efforts into it. And of course hard work will pay back. It just needs to be done with trusted people who only aims for roleplay and not aiming for money at all. 

1 minute ago, Norm said:

It just needs to be done with trusted people who only aims for roleplay and not aiming for money at all. 

yea, thats what we were out doing, because we were bored of the repetitive car dealership and other "work" that has been there for 4 years, we wanted to have something new. as the farms that have been out there and supported by VM didnt employ any workers.

5 hours ago, Gazzeh said:

This. Or they break into your farm and steal all your vehicles and gear. Then you got vehicle slots aswell, where you got to donate for in order to store them.

6 hours ago, Gazzeh said:

Yeah, I remember @Tidemohad a fuck ton of farming equipment before but the FMT didn't want to supply money to him if he RO'd farming because "it didn't promote mass roleplay" or something like that.

1 minute ago, Dylanjeter1 said:

Yeah, I remember @Tidemohad a fuck ton of farming equipment before but the FMT didn't want to supply money to him if he RO'd farming because "it didn't promote mass roleplay" or something like that.

Fake news actually, don't go spreading around misinformation. The farming system was originally produced by myself back in 2016-17 when I worked with the legal faction team to bring about the first rendition of the legal virtual market. @Tidemo and I had a good working relationship as he provided plentiful amounts of evidence showcasing the quality roleplay he performed, and I quite happily provided him the support he rightfully earnt from the market at the time.

I can't remember if he carried on after I left the team, however the legal virtual market was no longer active after I did but the point is, don't go talking about things you don't really know too much about if it's especially putting people in a bad light.

5 minutes ago, ResidentPeach said:

on't go talking about things you don't really know too much about if it's especially putting people in a bad light.

I'm not saying anything false here.

It was decent when you were around, but once you were gone he essentially sold the farm because it wasn't making him anymore money.

I remember actually helping him with the farm on multiple occasions back when it was actually making us some cash. 

So you're right, but you're more wrong than right. You're right in the sense that it was making cash at one point, but wrong for assuming I'm wrong when O said it quot making cash after the legal VM died

Just now, Dylanjeter1 said:

I'm not saying anything false here.

It was decent when you were around, but once you were gone he essentially sold the farm because it wasn't making him anymore money.

I remember actually helping him with the farm on multiple occasions back when it was actually making us some cash. 

So you're right, but you're more wrong than right. You're right in the sense that it was making cash at one point, but wrong for assuming I'm wrong when O said it quot making cash after the legal VM died

Of course you're the only person who actually sits there measuring who is more right on this community like it actually matters. Instead of salvaging whatever integrity you have, why don't you just acknowledge that my point was to stop talking in such a negative connotation and if you wanted to, then instead actually providing more than just a single sentence to back it up. I can't be the only person who completely looks at you as a bigot when it comes to any form of discussion in a thread.

3 minutes ago, ResidentPeach said:

Of course you're the only person who actually sits there measuring who is more right on this community like it actually matters. Instead of salvaging whatever integrity you have, why don't you just acknowledge that my point was to stop talking in such a negative connotation and if you wanted to, then instead actually providing more than just a single sentence to back it up. I can't be the only person who completely looks at you as a bigot when it comes to any form of discussion in a thread.

Yo fam, hire me to your trucking company.