TheNeonGuy

[Banking] - Loan Script

Yes! I agree we need this. I think the Bank faction needs reintroduced as well. Only bad thing is... What if people are logging before the payday so the loan was not taken out? They could still do RS hauls, farm money, have a nice car with the loan, and just F10 to miss the payday. I doubt this would happen, but it could.

What about instead of taking the loan out on paydays, have a set server time where it automatically takes out XXX amount of money for your loan from your bank account? That way it's not abused. If you don't have the money in the bank, it automatically makes that payment add to the next day. If you miss X amount of payments, you go bankrupt and the bank takes whatever you bought with the loan + interest as well as you can not take out another loan for X amount of days. If it happens more than twice you are banned from taking out loans on that character.

As far as Stat Transferring, that could be solved as to move the loan to that person. Think of it this way, if someone dies in real life and has a mortgage on their home, the beneficiary either has the right to sell it back to the bank, or buy the property. 

What would be the MAX loan available? Would it be based off of the initial money in your bank account and/or your paydays? 

Would it be a flat interest rate for all players? Or the more hours you have the less interest you pay? Either way the bank has to make money.

What would be the lengths of the loan you are able to take out?

I love the idea, I think it would be a great addition, but I feel a lot of stuff would need to be worked out in order for it to be proper and be realistic. 

11 hours ago, JakeThomlin said:

Yes! I agree we need this. I think the Bank faction needs reintroduced as well. Only bad thing is... What if people are logging before the payday so the loan was not taken out? They could still do RS hauls, farm money, have a nice car with the loan, and just F10 to miss the payday. I doubt this would happen, but it could.

It would be considering "bug abusing" of sorts, and likely the player would be punished if proved that was being done on purpose.

What about instead of taking the loan out on paydays, have a set server time where it automatically takes out XXX amount of money for your loan from your bank account? That way it's not abused. If you don't have the money in the bank, it automatically makes that payment add to the next day. If you miss X amount of payments, you go bankrupt and the bank takes whatever you bought with the loan + interest as well as you can not take out another loan for X amount of days. If it happens more than twice you are banned from taking out loans on that character.

Wouldn't work, that would be the same as just forcefully remove money of the player, and he likely doesn't have it, otherwise he'd just buy the car right off the bat. I'd say, 1-3 paydays a week at a minimum. (since some people only play on the weekends.)

you go bankrupt and the bank takes whatever you bought with the loan + interest as well as you can not take out another loan for X amount of days. If it happens more than twice you are banned from taking out loans on that character.

Yes, but my idea is for the script to be used by legal factions, not the bank faction itself, of course a bank faction would be great, but the idea was for factions to give out loans, or use the script to rent things, Cars, Houses, properties, objects, etc. Restricting it to a bank faction wouldn't help people be able to use it for other things. The idea of the script is to be Flexible, and able to be used in many, many ways that not just "loan a wad of cash". If you get banned, eventually the script would say the player hasn't paid, and the faction would proceed in retrieving the product, if it was a object, likely UAT would be requested to enter the character and get the item. (if the faction wishes to reach that point). Now that you say it, it would be a nice idea to add a "category" - Vehicle; Object; Building; Miscellaneous. If vehicle/building, you'd place the int/car ID. Otherwise you wouldn't put anything, since the stuff doesn't have VINs. And IRL you have no way of seeing if someone still owns that object or sold it to someone else and is just paying the interests and stuff.

As far as Stat Transferring, that could be solved as to move the loan to that person. Think of it this way, if someone dies in real life and has a mortgage on their home, the beneficiary either has the right to sell it back to the bank, or buy the property. 

Either move the loan (which would cause way more scripting, and would likely bug if the player sold the object to someone else. Or just the payments would stop, and you'd proceed on retrieving it.

What would be the MAX loan available? Would it be based off of the initial money in your bank account and/or your paydays?

This would depend on the faction, and the bank. IRL you make a assessment to see if the person asking for a loan is able to pay it. Does he/she own a house? Vehicle? Money on their account? This would be entirely IC and depends on who's talking to you/company policy.

Would it be a flat interest rate for all players? Or the more hours you have the less interest you pay? Either way the bank has to make money.

Again, it would be for the factions, and the rate would be set by the company handling the payment, i've talked about this previously and how it would be done. Please read the responses and main thread on Page 1.

What would be the lengths of the loan you are able to take out?

This would be set by the faction, i've already spoken about this. Same response as the last question.

I love the idea, I think it would be a great addition, but I feel a lot of stuff would need to be worked out in order for it to be proper and be realistic. 

Yes, of course, it needs to be improved, as all suggestions in order not to be abused. But i'd rather have this than tokens. At least this way people would have to manage their money better, instead of just taking stuff on a token. And would suffer IC repercussions if they failed to ICly pay.

Thanks for your time to comment, i hope i answered all your questions, do comment any questions you have, might lead into improving the idea itself, or even cover blind angles that i didn't think about. :)