TheNeonGuy

[Banking] - Loan Script

Haven't been playing here for some time, recently came back and there is an actual insurance system? Nice.

Well a recommendation from me, the idea seems nice and the concept of it is great too.

Some regulations would probably prevent OOC and IC problems with this system hopefully, they are going to implement this into the server.

Props to you for the idea, GL.

I'm pretty sure there was a suggestion similar to this a while ago where you could have scheduled payments that would automatically happen as long as you adjusted them and that's something I really wanted to be implamented as it can be useful for so many different things such as loans and repaying them, rent of an apartment (hopefully promoting real estate businesses), payment for rental vehicles or financing a vehicle which could be a new way players would be able to acquire vehicles. 

Big yes from me on this, good one NeonGuy. 

You don't want to feel the pain we have maintaining that insurance script. It's imo better to get a bank actually working. It's not hard to maintain a proper loan system if you get the right way of logging. It would eventually open a huge roleplaying side.

9 minutes ago, Yannick said:

You don't want to feel the pain we have maintaining that insurance script. It's imo better to get a bank actually working. It's not hard to maintain a proper loan system if you get the right way of logging. It would eventually open a huge roleplaying side.

No slacking off scripting, make it! 😠 thx ❤️

15 minutes ago, WorthlessNights said:

I was thinking about this a few days ago. A bank faction like the old Bank Of Los Santos doesn't seem like a bad idea too.

that faction was never active, but for some obscure reason we still have a bank of ls hotline.

anyways, neon's idea is great. i like the idea of both it being scripted and/or it being rp'ed.

I feel like this would just make people apply and use their money to buy an expensive car or something, only to paycheck farm the loan off afterwards...

If there was a portion in the loan application that asks you "why do you need this money?" it'd help curve my aforementioned problem.

Nonetheless, it'd help players that actually want to start Legal RP

+0.5 for me :D

only fucky thing is repo'ing stat transfered vehicles etc.; rather make it so you can't stat transfer them at all until you've paid a certain amount of the loan

even tho that's more work but it'll be better than breaking RP completely with the forecoming arguments of a repo man taking a car that was stat transfered lol

or just don't repo stat transfered vehicles and don't need to work so hard aswell on this

shie I wouldn't stat transfer for a mere 20-30k house loan and I doubt players themselves will be so trustful to randomers to give out more than that at once to loan

-- OR edit the scamming rules to include these loans under it to protect the loan givers further

If you look on the forms, there is an IC CPQL application to apply for a loan. Now I’ve never used it so I’m not sure on how it works exactly or if CPQL still utilizes it. However having a bank script for it would be nice but then everyone would just be getting loans, not a bad idea but the economy will just get worse. 

12 hours ago, Zebulon said:

Stat whoring booster and defaulting left right and center with no repercussions?

Nah. Needs to be done right.

And how would it be a stat whoring booster? You legit get it subtracted from your payday, it's the same thing as just waiting until you get the ammount of paychecks and pay afterwards, but this way you have the car before, besides, we all know those people are a thing, both IG and irl, tons of people buy cars they can't afford to show off to their piers, it's literally what made the economy crash in 2008. The "needs to be done right" part is understandable, this is just a draft, it would have to be worked on OOCly and ICly in order not to be abused. This is a thing IRL, i'm not making stuff up, you can walk up to a dealership right now and buy a car/ mortgage a house rn with in this exact way, i'm just giving players things they need. This script could be used in a thousand different ways, from the basic car purchase/house mortgage from a faction, renting a house to a player, buy a phone, etc. We are not making money up with this script, we are just giving players a way not to grind RS Haul for a car. I'd much rather have this script, and do this, than see people using tokens to buy houses and cars/RS Hauling. That's what ruins the economy, not giving a faction/bank faction your money on a contract you ICly (and with ooc rules) agreed to.

11 hours ago, remolten said:

I feel like this would just make people apply and use their money to buy an expensive car or something, only to paycheck farm the loan off afterwards...

If there was a portion in the loan application that asks you "why do you need this money?" it'd help curve my aforementioned problem.

Nonetheless, it'd help players that actually want to start Legal RP

+0.5 for me :D

Lets take this comment by parts.

> "this would just make people apply and use their money to buy an expensive car or something" only to paycheck farm the loan off afterwards..."
I'm not going to argue with you, you are right, some people will just apply to buy an expensive car they cannot afford. But then again, they will have to have enough money to pay up at the end of the paycheck. At the end of the day, the player will end up penny less, and the faction/ hired personnel will proceed to -ICLY- take the car off your hands. This makes roleplay for the faction, hired player, and player that ended up without a car, and without money. (since when you stop paying, you end up without the money you paid and the car you were paying, legit it's what happens when you stop paying your mortgage irl/car payments).

Spoiler

Other players on the other hand, will actually use this script as a help. New character? Can't afford a car? Car payments. Can't afford a house? Mortgage. This is something that ICly i've had various players ask me for, specially ones roleplaying low-class characters.

> "only to paycheck farm the loan off afterwards..."
You can just paycheck farm the loan off, but the paycheck script prevents you from doing so, in order to receive a payday, you must be active in-game, otherwise you won't get it, meaning, you have to be roleplaying/doing something, as you would anyways, in order to do so. Paycheck farming is already a thing, which has OOC repercussions, so this is not a valid excuse.

> "If there was a portion in the loan application that asks you "why do you need this money?" it'd help curve my aforementioned problem."

Not really, this would literally be VT imports back in 2015-2016, where you had to make a random excuse to import a vehicle. My idea is to grant the player the mortgage provided IC proof he'll be able to pay. (The company asks the player for his bank account extract, to make sure they will be able to pay).

8 hours ago, bigtone said:

only fucky thing is repo'ing stat transfered vehicles etc.; rather make it so you can't stat transfer them at all until you've paid a certain amount of the loan

even tho that's more work but it'll be better than breaking RP completely with the forecoming arguments of a repo man taking a car that was stat transfered lol

or just don't repo stat transfered vehicles and don't need to work so hard aswell on this

-- OR edit the scamming rules to include these loans under it to protect the loan givers further

You can still repo the vehicle, you have an IC contract on that car, with that VIN, and that plate, you'd just take it, contact the police and tell them you've repossessed it, in case it was stat transfered, you just tell that player he bought it off someone that didn't complete his payment plans. (in case the player calls the cops saying it was stolen or smth). Sure, as i said before, some small changes on rules/rules being added would help out. As well as rules regarding this if the player if banned or stops playing. (Say, player gets banned, you get the car back, or payment completed before the car is deleted, if the player hasn't come ig for x time, you get it back/get it paid, this has to do with the "if the player doesn't log often in order to complete payments).

5 hours ago, ZuclyaHD said:

If you look on the forms, there is an IC CPQL application to apply for a loan. Now I’ve never used it so I’m not sure on how it works exactly or if CPQL still utilizes it. However having a bank script for it would be nice but then everyone would just be getting loans, not a bad idea but the economy will just get worse. 

CPQL is CPQL, not a company, this would help factions/companies, aswell as CPQL itself. And no, the economy wouldn't get worst, Tokens is what makes it worst.

1 minute ago, Zebulon said:

@TheNeonGuy

I forgot to mention the aspect of collateral. What does the player risk by getting a loan?

https://budgeting.thenest.com/risks-bank-loans-25750.html 

I'll add:

> You end up paying more than the you would if placed money up front. (The faction is taking a risk on you, so they will have to profit on the loan, as they do irl, but that's IC.)
> Legal loan sharks.
> You’ll likely pay an obscene amount in interest and additional fees depending on the loan you make.
> If you violate the contract with the company, you might end up without what you bought, and what you paid, while buying up front gives you full ownership of the object/building, leaving you to do what ever you wish with it with no repercussions from the company you bought if for.

I'll add that you're likely able to ICly talk with the company through e-mails (forum PMs) and such in order to complete your payments. (Bought a car friday, during the weekend you roleplayed, got paid, want to pay the amount you owe to the company, ending your payment plan likely at a lower interest rate than keep paying it.) - Another RP situation.

If this WAS to be done it would have to be done in a way that players can't stat-transfer the funds and if you go inactive it takes said funds away from you. I feel it would be a very heavy and complicated system as we would have to counter scenarios where people can fraud the system. I'm on the fence with this one.

20 hours ago, Unitts said:

If this WAS to be done it would have to be done in a way that players can't stat-transfer the funds and if you go inactive it takes said funds away from you. I feel it would be a very heavy and complicated system as we would have to counter scenarios where people can fraud the system. I'm on the fence with this one.

Not to let people abuse it, you can limit the loan amount by character hours. 

More hours on character = More cash you can ask for.

This way, new fresh characters won’t be able to abuse and get a loan of 500K and buy cars.